Frank Front-Runner For Head Coach Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    BC I think is more likely to go after Adelman than Frank. Frank has always been tough with his players (which I prefer). Houston's defense last year was 22nd. Adelman has never been known to prefer defense over offense. I prefer Frank.
    Gotta look a bit farther than that (full seasons only, def. rating and league rank):

Frank
    04-05: 103.1 (7th)
    05-06: 102.4 (4th)
    06-07: 106.6 (15th)
    07-08: 109.4 (21st)
    08-09: 111.0 (24th)

Adelman

Sacremento
    99-00: 102.1 (10th)
    00-01: 99.6 (7th)
    01-02: 101.1 (6th)
    02-03: 99.1 (2nd)
    03-04: 104.9 (21st)
    04-05: 108.2 (23rd)
    05-06: 105.0 (12th)

Houston
    07-08: 101.6 (2nd)
    08-09: 104.0 (4th)
    09-10: 108.0 (17th)
    10-11: 109.0 (19th)

I'd imagine the players (or lack thereof) are as much to blame as anything.

Comment

I think the perfect coach at this stage would have been Paul Silas. Too bad Colangelo takes so darn long to make a move on his coaches. Jay shouldn't have made it to this last season. When Bosh left that was the perfect time to say goodbye.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Too bad Colangelo takes so darn long to make a move on his coaches. Jay shouldn't have made it to this last season. When Bosh left that was the perfect time to say goodbye.
        Well thats what happens when you got a soft GM and HC.
        Last edited by e2thed; Sat Jun 4, 2011, 03:22 PM.
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

At least this takes one name of the rumour rotary list:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=20025

Italian Coach Ettore Messina has agreed to work for the L.A. Lakers on Coach Mike Brown's staff.

According to Zeno Pisani of Rivista Ufficiale NBA, Italy, a deal was agreed to on Friday. Pisani notes Messina will serve as "consultant to the head coach" in a full-time position.

Messina is one of the most well-respected coaches internationally. He's long-wanted to break into the NBA, ideally as a head coach. He was in discussions with the Toronto Raptors before they went with Jay Triano.

Although the Raptors job has opened back up, it appears Ettore's first position in the NBA will be with the Lakers.

Comment

Hmmm

Maleko wrote: View Post
            At least this takes one name of the rumour rotary list:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=20025
            Perhaps this is a precursor to the Raps trading Bargnani to the Lakers for Gasol
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              Perhaps this is a precursor to the Raps trading Bargnani to the Lakers for Gasol
              Or Odom. Stick Odom at the 3. Doesn't help long term though but it certainly adds a veteran with championship experience who can still contribute.

Comment

Working...
              X