No announcement yet.

Ettore Messina out of Raptors Head Coach Running, Goes to Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it curious that I havent seen any quotes from any of the front runners (eg Adelman, JVG) if they had any interest. Here is an opportunity for RR to use a quarter and make a call to pose the question. You might get a scoop. Even a "no comment" would be a tongue wagger.

Comment

The truth is JVG has a job already. We constantly hear about guys like Frank, Casey, Woodson, Brown, Shaw, McHale, etc, but we never heard about JVG. What's likely is that he's not even being considered at this point, by any team, and until you hear he's being interviewed by other teams there's no reason to think the Raptors will even bother approaching him.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
        The truth is JVG has a job already. We constantly hear about guys like Frank, Casey, Woodson, Brown, Shaw, McHale, etc, but we never heard about JVG. What's likely is that he's not even being considered at this point, by any team, and until you hear he's being interviewed by other teams there's no reason to think the Raptors will even bother approaching him.
        JVG has a nice cushy job - with a great paycheque. I can't see a JVG-Colangelo connection working. Two different styles on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          I find it curious that I havent seen any quotes from any of the front runners (eg Adelman, JVG) if they had any interest. Here is an opportunity for RR to use a quarter and make a call to pose the question. You might get a scoop. Even a "no comment" would be a tongue wagger.
          find me their numbers and ill do it [:
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
            No offence, man, but this is truly one of the most ignorant things I've ever read. Yes, you're right, Euro coaches have done miserably in the NBA. Lemmesee, how many have been head coaches in the NBA? Well, there was...um, and oh yeah, there was...oh and don't forget what's his name...um, er, a big fat ZERO Euro coaches have coached here, you numbskull! and what has Messina done in Europe? Amassed an amazing record coaching some of the best teams Europe has ever had to offer, and all the while accumulating universal praise as an expert tactician and motivator. Yeah, I can see how you wouldn't want a Euro coach.
            tell me what is so ignorant? some of you guys on here seriously need to grow some balls and stop crying over other people's opinions
            "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              What does it matter where he's from as long as he can coach? That's a pretty ignorant statement. Have you read up on his accomplishments? Have you taken a look at his record when it comes to coaching?
              i want someone who has coached in the nba already...i really don't care for what he has done with lesser talent in europe

Comment

mangokid wrote: View Post
                it's still a very ignorant statement and he's been warned on multiple occasions in regards to posts similar to the one he has made in this thread.

Messina's teams in which he has coached had players from all over the globe, so i'm sure most of the communication to the players was done in english.
                how am i being racist bro? Wow! All i said is i don't want a euro coach!

Comment

I seriously don't understand what is going on here... We come on here to share our opinions...i have seen people say worst stuff on here but i don't see them getting ripped into...do you guys on here have something against me?

Comment

Honestly i can't believe what is going on here...i seriously thought u guys were better than this...everytime i say something you ppl seem to wanna rip into me

Comment

This is raptors nation and i love all you guys like brothers but i don't appreciate you guys getting offended with simple things i say...

Comment

Listen bro, when you say things like "I don;t want a Euro coach", it pretty much leaves itself up for interpretation. Instead of saying "I don't want a European coach", couldn't you have just said something simple like "He's never coached in the NBA" or "He has no experience in the NBA at a head coaching level, so I would prefer that the Raptors went in an opposite direction".

You're not the martyr in this whole situation. It's yourself that you should be blaming. Your choice of words were very poor.

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                          i want someone who has coached in the nba already...i really don't care for what he has done with lesser talent in europe
                          What other coaches have come over from Europe to land an NBA head coaching position? The only one that comes off the top of my head is Mike D'Antoni, and he's had a pretty decent career so far. I don't see a problem with grabbing a coach from Europe - in the end, we'd still be getting a guy who has coached in a professional league where men making a living, it's not like he's coaching kids at an NCAA level. That's more of a difficult transition.

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                            how am i being racist bro? Wow! All i said is i don't want a euro coach!
                            On the surface with no expanding on the comment, it's a pretty distateful statement.

Comment

Working...
                            X