Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HW:Ingramreporting MIN wants DeMar; Litel #2/Flynn for #5/DD (post #81 for Litel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

malefax wrote: View Post
    DeMar is looking fairly solid, but he was drafted #9, guys. He is a terrible 3 point shooter and a terrible defender, and while he is sure to improve, the question is: how much? Wanting love plus the number 2 pick for Derozan is a joke. We couldn't get love for derozan stright up in a million years, let alone him plus the two pick.
    yay someone who isn't completely delusional. I knew if I searched long enough I'd find such a person on this board.

Kevin Love put up Moses Malone numbers last year, say all you want about him being on a bad team but Bargnani and Amir Johnson are on a bad team too, I never saw them go for 30 and 30.

Derozan for #2 is something you'd have to definitely consider. I wouldn't necessarily do it just because Derozan seems like a guy who actually looks like he enjoys playing for TO, but then again everyone enjoys playing for a winner so I'd rather have a winner over a loyal player any day.

Comment

Yeah look how well that worked with t-mac
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ya great example, a budding superstar that we made come off the bench for 3 years before telling him to play 2nd fiddle to his cousin.

Comment

Chicago (rumours mind you) also wanted DD. He's a commodity - one that we shouldn't give up on. He needs to work on D, be better at screens and rotation and he'll be fine. One "Chucky" Bargnani is out of town, DD will explode!
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

There are only 2 assets I'd have any interest in from Minny:

1) Kevin Love
            2) #2 pick

Kevin Love isn't going anywhere.... so I don't see him being involved. I also think Derozan, while still has plenty of flaws, is worth more than the #2 pick (in this draft). Leaving an almost impossible situation.

Minny is such a terrible team, with such terrible players (Beasley, Flynn, Darko)..... even their pick isn't that great (unless you have faith in this draft or in Williams, which I don't) I just don't know why people want to trade with them. This Raps team was terrible this year, and Minny makes the Raps look good!

Comment

I hope they dont trade Demar. Eventhough theyre only riding on his potential right now, i think it would be a huge mistake to trade him. They need stability on this team. Eventho DD is mediocre at best on defense, he has shown that he is always willing to work on aspects of his game that needs improvement. Can BC trade him? Most definitely. There is no clear-cut all-star on this team right now. They just came from a 22 win season and nobody dominated as much as Love did in Minnesota, or Wall in Washington or Blake in LA. If the right offer comes, im sure BC will consider it. I think he's already learned his lesson on pinning his hopes on "potential".

I think its pretty much fair game when analyzing the trade values of Minny players vs Raps players. DD, currently, is in no way in the same vicinity as Kevin Love so asking for a straight up trade is just wishful thinking.

I think the Raps should gamble on Demar, even if its an overly lopsided deal, i think Demar's potential still outweighs any player on Minny's roster right now.

Comment

DeRozan isn't ever going to be much more than he already is. NBA players just don't deviate much from year to year. The Raps might get lucky with the #2 pick and get a real stud. Probably not, because this year is a terrible draft, but it's worth the risk.

It's wishful thinking to suggest that DeRozan could ever be a guy that produces a lot of wins for a team. This organization needs less wishful thinking and more reality.

Comment

If DeRozan was traded Toronto would lose a lot of their fan base including me. I would prefer Beasley over Love. I know Love is good but I've lost all trust in 7 foot white jumpshooters

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                    If DeRozan was traded Toronto would lose a lot of their fan base including me. I would prefer Beasley over Love. I know Love is good but I've lost all trust in 7 foot white jumpshooters
                    Ummmm.... There's this dude named Dirk.... He's been looking pretty Hall of Fame the last few weeks, maybe you hadn't noticed. And as someone pointed out earlier K Love achieved something this year that no one had done since Moses Malone... I think you have to look past that shit man.

Comment

Derozan is virtually untouchable with Toronto. Screw this trade. Wake me up when Orlando is willing to trade Dwight howard for Derozan.
                      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

On a serious note. I prefer to keep the 5th pick and Draft Brandon Knight, Kawhi Leonard or Kemba Walker.
                        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post

good thing Love isn't 7ft

while I generally agree with the sentiment.... I think Love is an exception, much like Dirk would be.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                            Derozan is virtually untouchable with Toronto. Screw this trade. Wake me up when Orlando is willing to trade Dwight howard for Derozan.
                            i don't think Derozan is (or atleast should be) untouchable, but I'd hope BC would get a solid return for him.

Dwight isn't even close... he's likely more in Jennings, Loul Deng, Kevin Martin category.

Comment

If this is true, Minnesota can screw off!!!!

Comment

What MADNESS!!! I see a lot of people against the trade and rightfully so but for the people for this trade Think about this for a moment.... the Raptors haven't had a wing player this talented since Vince & T-Mac... I mean no offense to the rest of the others that played this position in Toronto but seriously who was the last guard that could beat his man off the dribble and get a quality shot -- Anthony Parker, Morris Peterson, Carlos Delfino, Jason Kapono, Fuckin Jamario Moon!!!

Seriously take a look at that shit collection of wing players, none of them had the potential and promise like Derozan.

That's my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                                X