Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Casey Is Our Man

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Hmmm, Mike Malone just joined GSW on Jackson's staff. There's movement everywhere and what is BC doing? Is he in a cave somewhere plotting to take over the world? I understand that he needs to be prudent in his moves. However, the lack of movement makes one wonder. Maybe I'm just too antsy.

    Comment


    • #62
      Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      Hmmm, Mike Malone just joined GSW on Jackson's staff. There's movement everywhere and what is BC doing? Is he in a cave somewhere plotting to take over the world? I understand that he needs to be prudent in his moves. However, the lack of movement makes one wonder. Maybe I'm just too antsy.
      It probably soldifies the Casey rumour....who probably has some assistants in mind.

      Comment


      • #63
        Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        Hmmm, Mike Malone just joined GSW on Jackson's staff. There's movement everywhere and what is BC doing? Is he in a cave somewhere plotting to take over the world? I understand that he needs to be prudent in his moves. However, the lack of movement makes one wonder. Maybe I'm just too antsy.
        I think Colangelo got off to a slow start because unlike those other examples, he only just found out a couple weeks ago that he will still have a job.

        Comment


        • #64
          Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
          Hmmm, Mike Malone just joined GSW on Jackson's staff. There's movement everywhere and what is BC doing? Is he in a cave somewhere plotting to take over the world? I understand that he needs to be prudent in his moves. However, the lack of movement makes one wonder. Maybe I'm just too antsy.
          I think you're too antsy. This isn't something that should, nor does it need to be, rushed. Golden State hired someone we weren't even interested in. That leaves Detroit. That's it. There are ALOT of candidates for Coaches and only one Competitor at this point. What's the sense in rushing to make a deal. Perhaps waiting to see what roster will be like, will allow him to entice more prominent figures to the position. Relax man. haha

          Comment


          • #65
            just a money saving move by BC and mlse nothing more
            ya dun noe

            Comment


            • #66
              Hassan wrote: View Post
              just a money saving move by BC and mlse nothing more
              Why do you say/write that? Neither mlse nor BC have been shy about spending (cap, BC's salary and BC paying out healthy salaries that could be argued as overpayment!). Notice also a fairly well stocked front office. It could be as simple as the top tier/expensive candidates showed no interest in taking the job.

              Comment


              • #67
                In 2004 they were paying Lenny Wilkens, Kevin O'Neil and Sam Mitchell all at the same time... Only one of them was actually working for the Raptors. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Then why fire Jay Triano? If they hire Casey then the firing of Jay Triano makes no sense to me.
                  Jay was a bad coach for the NBA, not every rookie or new coach will be Jay.

                  It's not like experience is the only thing that separates the ability of coaches. If it was the only factor, then everything else would go out the window.


                  I wanted Bryan gone primarily because he hired Jay, and I feel for a "yes man" this job was way over his head. I am willing to give fresh coaches a shot till we find one that is good, and has a unique perspective that adds character to our franchise.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    I never said experience is everything. Show me where I say that and I'll give you a twenty dollar bill. Woodson and Frank are very good coaches who fit the job description and who have experience.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Sorry, my bad. I thought that is what you meant.

                      I keep hearing that Jay was let go because we need someone with experience and tenure (not necessarily from you). I personally disagree with this, in my mind it was because he was a bad coach.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Bendit wrote: View Post
                        It probably soldifies the Casey rumour....who probably has some assistants in mind.
                        and there isn't anything that will get done with Casey while the finals are being played.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                          Jay was a bad coach for the NBA, not every rookie or new coach will be Jay.

                          It's not like experience is the only thing that separates the ability of coaches. If it was the only factor, then everything else would go out the window.


                          I wanted Bryan gone primarily because he hired Jay, and I feel for a "yes man" this job was way over his head. I am willing to give fresh coaches a shot till we find one that is good, and has a unique perspective that adds character to our franchise.
                          I think you're being too hard on Triano. I don't think you can say he was a bad coach. He never seemed to be a good one, but he was also never given the right pieces to work with. He was always working with an inherently flawed roster, so it's hard to blame him for it's failures. Last year, before things fell apart after the All-Star break, the team was doing far better than a teams whose starting lineup consisted of only one player who was below average defensively had any right doing. And this year, they simply didn't have a lot of talent. I mean, really, I don't see most coaches doing any better than Triano did with the rosters he was given.

                          I think Triano, like any other coach, has his strengths and weaknesses. Triano, I think, would do better with more veteran group that are more self starters. He's not a guy that is good at trying to motivate unmotivated players.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            I will be honest, I haven't really taken the time to read the other comments in this thread. I just wanted to say that I don't really know a lot about Casey, but watching the Mavs recently it seems like they are doing a lot of good things with their organization. If Casey can bring some of what we have been watching the last few weeks, then I would be very interested in him coaching the Raps.

                            Another point. I hope that Davis, DeRozan, Johnson, Johnson, Bayless, and especially Bargnani have been watching the Conference Finals, and the NBA Finals. Say what you will about Mark Cuban, but he has built a first rate organization in Dallas. I realize that there is a big difference between playoff basketball and the regular season, but watching the Mavs players has been really something. They have great ball movement, they know their roles, hustle on every single play, and generally play very smart basketball. Another thing, cliche as it sounds, these guys do not give up. They are playing a team stacked with superstars, and have figured out a way to stay competitive, which is an accomplishment in and of itself.

                            I am not turning into a Mavs fan lol, but even the experience that fans enjoy at AA Centre seems to be first rate. Combine that with 11 straight 50 win seasons, and I view Dallas as an organization that Colangelo should be looking at very closely when building this franchise.

                            I realize the Mavs obtained a Hall of Fame player, while giving up Robert Traylor (RIP), and that is a 1 sided trade that doesnt happen every day...

                            Nevertheless, if Casey helps us in that direction... I say hire him.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                              Sorry, my bad. I thought that is what you meant.

                              I keep hearing that Jay was let go because we need someone with experience and tenure (not necessarily from you). I personally disagree with this, in my mind it was because he was a bad coach.
                              I did say that Colangelo stressed that he was going after an experiences, established coach. He went on to list a bunch of attributes he thought were vital. Woodson and Frank both fit the bill.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                I would agree with apollo that Casey doesn't really seem to fit the "experienced" moniker that we imply in Coangelo's statements. However, I don't see Coangelo firing Jay without already having the guy he wants in place. It just doesn't make any sense to get rid of Jay if you can't bring in anything better.

                                The only thing I can think of is that Coangelo had a number of guys he wanted for the job and that he came to some sort of an unofficial agreement w/ Casey to be announced after the Mavs season was over. If Coangelo just fired Triano before what will be potentionally a lock out season and then hires a guy who is very similar in terms of experience and pay, then it just seems like a bonehead play. And all tihngs considered I don't think Coangelo is a bonehead.
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

                                "I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

                                "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X