Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should The Raps take a chance on Iverson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebrian
    replied
    Iverson might be able to score 15 points per game, but it'll take him 25 shots to get there. And he'll start pouting about wanting to be a starter. That's the problem.

Leave a comment:

• blackjitsu
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I don't disagree, but I got to say it stung a little bit when you mentioned the "old man" injuries.
    Word Tim, I'm heading there soon myself.

Leave a comment:

• Quixotic
    replied
    northgrantballer wrote: View Post
    Sorry to be mister opposite, but I don't see why there is no concern in signing Ajinca for about a million, however there is so much hate towards a guy who can still get maybe 15 pts per game, a guy who has playoff experience for about the same amount of cash. Get over his ego, the fella can play basketball. Same thing with JR Smith in Denver.
    1. Dallas paid us cash considerations to take his contract off their hands, so we didn't really have to pay him anything.

2. As much as I think Ajinca is a dud, at least there's the potential he could turn into something valuable; Iverson, not so much.

3. Ajinca was okay with sitting on the bench and/or staying on the inactive list. Would Iverson be okay with being signed to the minimum and staying on the inactive list? Would he take it in stride and not attempt yet another retirement?

Leave a comment:

• Quixotic
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    you can't but most people might be able to. Can you read peoples minds? didn't think so
    Do you realize tone doesn't carry very well over text?

Considering we've had Kemba comparisons to Zeke, Iverson, Chris Paul and Steve Nash, among others, another person seriously comparing him to Iverson as well wouldn't have been very surprising. =P

Leave a comment:

• Quixotic
    replied
    Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    Everyone changes their ways one way or the other or sometime or the other! Do you not agree?
    Everyone changes? How do you figure?

Do you have evidence that Iverson has changed?

If you change your statement to "some people eventually change," I'd agree, but I still wouldn't know what that has to do with Iverson.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    When was the last time AI played anything close to a full season?
    Even if he's on his best behavior (did I just write that about a grown man? best behavior?),
    those "old man" injuries make it a bad investment.
    I don't disagree, but I got to say it stung a little bit when you mentioned the "old man" injuries.

Leave a comment:

• blackjitsu
    replied
    When was the last time AI played anything close to a full season?
    Even if he's on his best behavior (did I just write that about a grown man? best behavior?),
    those "old man" injuries make it a bad investment.

Leave a comment:

• JYFelony
    replied
    This is possibly the worst idea ever. I would rather have Triano suited up than AI. Iverson is no longer "The Answer", but instead "The Wrong Answer".

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    For example, I have absolutely no idea how to take your comment.
    like a man

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    you can't but most people might be able to. Can you read peoples minds? didn't think so
    For example, I have absolutely no idea how to take your comment.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    I don't think "we all" knew you were joking, because "we all" have seen serious posts like that all the time, so I'm not quite sure how you think we can tell the difference between the serious ones and the not serious ones, especially when, no offense, none of us know you.

And my comment was a criticism of Iverson, not Walker. I thought that was clear.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    No but from the looks of it you are. I was only comparing walker to iverson cause of his size and we all know that i was just joking... well most of us. Walker is a great defender for his size and he is not ball dominating. He was asked to do most of the scoring so he did that, not anyone can single handedly win the NCAA Tournament. And stop twisting my comment like a damn news reporter.
    I don't think "we all" knew you were joking, because "we all" have seen serious posts like that all the time, so I'm not quite sure how you think we can tell the difference between the serious ones and the not serious ones, especially when, no offense, none of us know you.

And my comment was a criticism of Iverson, not Walker. I thought that was clear.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    So you think that Walker is going to be a mediocre defending, ball dominating, undersized SG who will really only have one year where he's more of a positive impact than negative one? So you already criticizing the pick of Walker even before it's made?
    No but from the looks of it you are. I was only comparing walker to iverson cause of his size and we all know that i was just joking... well most of us. Walker is a great defender for his size and he is not ball dominating. He was asked to do most of the scoring so he did that, not anyone can single handedly win the NCAA Tournament. And stop twisting my comment like a damn news reporter.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    keefec wrote: View Post
    are u seriously comparing walker to iverson? one of the best scorers in NBA's history?
    u never know my friend...

Leave a comment:

• WhatWhat
    replied
    Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    Iverson apparently wants another shot at the NBA. Should the Raps take a chance on him to mentor Bayless?

Just a thought. What do you guys think?
    No. Nonononononono. No! No... NO!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X