• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    I only want to be friends!
    Ha!

Comment

Colangelo comments more on Biyombo:

“He is so raw that with a little bit of focus and coaching, he’s an interesting prospect for sure,” Colangelo said. “Someone is going to get a very good player there. We’re looking at the health and making sure everything is good there and we’ll look at the background stuff, but he’s a guy I think we have to have in that group at No. 5. He showed some things offensively (at a workout Monday in New York) that you just can’t teach with the athleticism and the hops. I saw some things that were very impressive. Then you look at the rawness and say ‘Lot of work to do’ and are you willing to go through that. We have to decide what the right situation is for us.”
      “He doesn’t have a broken shot by the way,” Colangelo said. “It’s not broken at all. We’ve seen broken.”
      Source: TorontoSun.com

“I don’t really care if someone doesn’t have (raw Congolese teenaged centre) Bismack Biyombo on the board at five, I’ll consider him if he’s the right pick for this team and the right talent and we project him out the right way,” Colangelo said, discussing his draft options after introducing Dwane Casey as the team’s new coach.
      Source: Thestar.com

Comment

Red flag

I was told by a trusted league source today in New York at NBA Draft media day that Bismack Biyombo has a medical red flag with is back.

Biyombo's medical report was handed out to every single NBA team by his agent. At least one team's medical staff decided there was an issue with his back that they deemed a red flag. The source said some teams may have decided it wasn't that much of an issue, but some teams have decided it is an issue.

The source said there are also some question marks on the medical report regarding both of Biyombo's knees, but the source said his knees weren't enough of an issue to be considered a red flag.

A similar situation came up a couple years ago with DeJuan Blair, who was projected as a lottery pick, and he fell all the way to the second round.

It's unlikely Biyombo falls that far in this NBA Draft. The league source said they still think Biyombo goes either No. 8 to the Pistons or No. 9 to the Bobcats.
        Source: thehoopsreport.com

Comment

Biyombo won't make it past the Bobcats at #9?

Bismack Biyombo did a lot to help his stock today in Charlotte; word is he was everything expected and a little more likely cementing his floor at #9 to Charlotte. The problem with Biyombo to Charlotte is that Toronto is still very much in the hunt for him with the #5 overall selection.

Word out of Cleveland is that the Cleveland Cavaliers will use both the #1 and the #4 overall picks. Meaning they will not be entertaining trades on those picks unless something major happens between now and the draft.
          Source: Hoopsworld.com

Comment

Biyombo impressive in final workout

Biyombo was a part of a six-man workout in Charlotte in front of coach Paul Silas, general manager Rich Cho and owner Michael Jordan. Matched up against Marcus Morris, Jordan Hamilton, Chris Singleton, JaJuan Johnson and Thomas Coleman, Biyombo did what one might expect -- blocked shots and threw down dunks in spectacular fashion -- but he also managed to display a shooting touch that was better than advertised. Biyombo worked out for the Raptors on Monday and the Pistons on Tuesday.

LINK

Comment

Doug Smith says if not Knight, than Biyombo

Smith says if it's not Knight, it's Biyombo:

Now, I’ll say that if Brandon Knight falls to No. 5 – and it would most likely only happen if Utah takes Kanter at No. 3 – they’ll snap him up but of the group that’s likely to be there, why not take a shot at Biyombo, a 6-9 bit of an energetic beast.

Comment

Biyombo Buyout Issue?

Congo forward Bismack Biyombo was a late invitee to the NBA draft's green room Thursday, which would indicate he could land in the lottery, but according to league sources Biyombo doesn't have a letter of clearance from FIBA and is subject to a buyout.
                LINK

Comment

I can hear it now, straight outta Jack's mouth when Biyombo has a nice dunk or block: "Ohhhh, Biyombo-clot mon!"

Comment

It sounds like one of Kanter or Knight will be there at #5. They need to pull the trigger on that and forget about these higher risk guys.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      I saw this. So if Doug is right and we take him 5th, we'd have to pay a hefty salary AND a buyout amount. Not that it's coming out of my pocket, but sounds like going through a lot of trouble for a very big question mark who hasn't shown much of anything except his wingspan.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                        I can hear it now, straight outta Jack's mouth when Biyombo has a nice dunk or block: "Ohhhh, Biyombo-clot mon!"
                        I've been laughing at this for 10 minutes now. My co-workers are wondering what the hell is going on.

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                          I saw this. So if Doug is right and we take him 5th, we'd have to pay a hefty salary AND a buyout amount. Not that it's coming out of my pocket, but sounds like going through a lot of trouble for a very big question mark who hasn't shown much of anything except his wingspan.
                          What hasn't he shown on D/rebounding?

Comment

• Biyombo's work ethic and athleticism are insanely appealing. His shot-blocking skills would bring a much needed element to the Raps backcourt. The Raps offer one of the best situations in the league for him with a commitment to youth and development of talent. Add to that a defensive minded coach and you have a recipe that reads very well for him in Toronto. Every media pundit that has talked about him, and they all have, has stated that his defense is 100% NBA-ready.

All that being said, he is a tough call at 5. In most drafts, he is mid-teens. With this year's draft there are so many question marks, that the one that follows with an exclamation point (read: ?!) is bound to find his way into the upper lottery. Bismack definitely fits the bill.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              I've been laughing at this for 10 minutes now. My co-workers are wondering what the hell is going on.
                              I'm using that line in my post title if we draft him.

Comment

• Bobcats want Biyombo at #7:

Word among execs is the Bobcats have moved up to 7 to select Bismack Biyombo.
                                http://twitter.com/#!/KBerg_CBS/stat...05294916636672

Comment

Working...
                                X