Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Casey Hired As Raptors New Head Coach (Press conf. in post #121)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL: Casey Hired As Raptors New Head Coach (Press conf. in post #121)

He's signed and all that's left is the announcement:

Just got a call from a Toronto source saying that Mavericks assistant Dwane Casey is expected to be announced as head coach of the Raptors.

It could be announced this afternoon.
    Source: DallasNews.com
    Yes
    89.36%
    No
    1.06%
    Undecided
    9.57%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jun 20, 2011, 12:58 PM. Reason: Update

apollo wrote: View Post
    the main hoopshype.com page is claiming he's signed and all that's left is the announcement:

http://hoopshype.com/
    omg!!!

Comment

What's the over/under on how long before Raptor fans start hating on him?
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Right away I'd guess.. since I'm a fan that wanted Lawrence Frank
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

What do Mavs fans think?

It starts....hopefully the championship doesn't yield us losing too many of our core.
          no one is "irreplaceable", bit I, for one, was completlely cognizant of the preperattion role, and in game adjustments by the "D" during his tenure here........We will miss him.
          Toronto = Coach Killer? I view the Raptors as the east coast version of the Clippers.
          Why would he take that job? Sometimes assistants only get one shot and Toronto never wins and is not a favorite destination for top free agents.
          Source: DallasNews.com

You know, it's funny, because over 20 years into the Mavs' franchise their track record was horrendous.

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          It all depends on if Colangelo gets him good soldiers.

Comment

lol
            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

From Ryan Wolstat:

#Raptors are working out Biyombo in NYC today so doubt they make Casey announcement today. No doubt they are getting his input on draft tho
              Source: Twitter @WolstatSun

Not sure what logistics of Casey hiring would be. Guess is staff flies back from NYC tonight, presser is tomorrow, back to NYC that aft/nite

Given his history with Kentucky, Dwane Casey surely knows (or knows people who can tell him) a ton about Brandon Knight #Raptors

Comment

Eric Smith:

As I wrote/speculated late last wk, looks like Casey is the guy for TOR. No confirmation from Raps yet though. BC & Evs in NYC w/ Biyombo
                Source: Twitter / @ Eric_Smith

Comment

its going to be kawhi or biyombo (both?) book it
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Every picture I see of Dwane Casey he is scowling, yelling, and looking generally quite unhappy. If he is that way with world champion Dallas, I think a heart attack is imminent in Toronto.
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

it's toronto.. we don't need legitimate reasons to hate people.

i've already decided i hate him because he looks like tommy davidson from in living color

Comment

Dwane Casey To Be Announced

Just got a call from a Toronto source saying that Mavericks assistant Dwane Casey is expected to be announced as head coach of the Raptors.

It could be announced this afternoon.

Casey has interviewed twice with the Raptors and their decision has come down to Casey and Boston assistant Lawrence Frank.
                        LINK: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...wane-casey.ece

I'm glad we got this over with. Time to focus on the Draft.
                        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Wooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! THANKS YOU BC!

Comment

Pumped for this guy, here's hoping this is the first step to Raptors respectability.

Toronto as Clippers East? Toronto has had 5 .500 or better seasons and has one a division championship since it's inception in 95. The Clippers have had 7 .500 seasons and never won their devision since their beginnings in 1970 as the Buffalo Braves. I'd say Toronto is doing much much better than the Clips historically.
                            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

New coach, check

Future all star selected in the 2011 draft.....
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                              X