Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Casey Hired As Raptors New Head Coach (Press conf. in post #121)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking the city itself wasn't the only factor but it played a part.
    Auburn Hills is sooooo far away from the City of Detroit. That's like saying no one would want to play at the ACC because Hamilton is a hole in the ground.

Comment

if bargnani plays defense and gets at least 7 rebounds a game i see no reason why he cant be as good as dirk. bargnani's offensive game is amazing if he could be at least and average defender i would be happy. toronto becomes a playoff team if bargs learns to play d
      ya dun noe

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        What's the over/under on how long before Raptor fans start hating on him?
        As soon as he starts coddling Andrea, I'm hating.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Captain Haddock wrote: View Post
          Truer words never spoken. I particularly enjoy when fans attacked him for what we heard in the huddles, you think they would have shown him saying, "Would one of you please play some f**king defense?!" on tv?
          Anyone hear Carlisle in the huddle? He sounded more cliche-ish than JT.

Comment

Hopefully Casey hires a good O-coordinator.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Will Casey get bananna to play some defense this season? doubtful. Bench him until he learns to run back and play defense.

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                if bargnani plays defense and gets at least 7 rebounds a game i see no reason why he cant be as good as dirk. bargnani's offensive game is amazing if he could be at least and average defender i would be happy. toronto becomes a playoff team if bargs learns to play d
                And if I grow 3 or 4 inches, become more athletic, have a lot better skills and suddenly make myself 20 years younger, then I will be the future at PG for the Raptors. Unfortunately, I think your scenario has only slightly more chance of happening than mine.

Five years. Five years.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  And if I grow 3 or 4 inches, become more athletic, have a lot better skills and suddenly make myself 20 years younger, then I will be the future at PG for the Raptors. Unfortunately, I think your scenario has only slightly more chance of happening than mine.

Five years. Five years.

haha...yeah, true. of course, he also left out '...and becomes a much more efficient offensive player, and grows a heart, i see no reason why he cant be as good as dirk.'

so, let's recap...sam mitchell (supposedly a defensive-minded & hard-nosed coach) couldn't get the *team* to play D...fired. triano replaces, and promptly also fails to get the *team* to play D, but hey, he didn't have a training camp. marc iavoroni hired (supposedly a defensive-minded coach) to shore up the D...still can't get the *team* to play D. MI fired, triano retained, bosh/hedo leave...PJ (supposedly a defensive-minded coach) is hired to shore up the D. still can't get the *team* to play D. triano takes the fall, PJ is MIA (and likely out)...casey (supposedly a defensive-minded & hard-nosed coach) is hired to shore up the D. will it have an effect on the *team*? or will he (or his lead defensive assistant) become the next fall-guy for a certain someone? so exciting, i'm waiting in breathless anticipation for the next round of excuses...i think 'he's playing out of position' is next in the cue...
                  TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Salami & Cheese

Wishing Dwane Casey all the best as new coach of the Raptors..or soon to be named new head coach of the Raps.
                    Source: Twitter / @swirsk054

Comment

I am undecided at this point. I think it could be a move in the right direction, however what I heard about his tenure in Minny was that his offensive creativity and rotations were pretty bad. I can't see that as being a good thing. I don't want Derozan who has the most potential to be our best go to guy on offense relapse because of Casey's play calling.

I was on the side of keeping Jay so I'm going to have to reserve judgement until I see a few games being played.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I am undecided at this point. I think it could be a move in the right direction, however what I heard about his tenure in Minny was that his offensive creativity and rotations were pretty bad. I can't see that as being a good thing. I don't want Derozan who has the most potential to be our best go to guy on offense relapse because of Casey's play calling.

I was on the side of keeping Jay so I'm going to have to reserve judgement until I see a few games being played.
                        that's fair...not sure what kind of talent he had at his disposal in minny (offensively), but from all accounts, they at least got after it defensively. FWIW - the wolves were 20-20 when he was fired, and they finished at 12-30. that says something.
                        TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                          that's fair...not sure what kind of talent he had at his disposal in minny (offensively), but from all accounts, they at least got after it defensively. FWIW - the wolves were 20-20 when he was fired, and they finished at 12-30. that says something.
                          And went from playing decent D (with jack on the roster as bigs after Garnett), to playing terrible D after Casey was fired. That says a whole ton to me.

Comment

Press conference is at 1pm today:

From Eric Smith twitter...

Eric__Smith Eric Smith
                            #Raptors new head coach will be introduced at 1pm press conference

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                              Talent at disposal (from basketball-reference.com):

30 Mark Blount C 7-0 230 November 30, 1975 6 University of Pittsburgh
                              31 Ricky Davis G 6-6 195 September 23, 1979 8 University of Iowa
                              4 Randy Foye G 6-4 210 September 24, 1983 R Villanova University
                              21 Kevin Garnett F 6-11 220 May 19, 1976 11
                              41 Eddie Griffin F 6-10 220 May 30, 1982 4 Seton Hall University
                              23 Trenton Hassell G 6-5 200 March 4, 1979 5 Austin Peay State University
                              16 Troy Hudson G 6-1 170 March 13, 1976 9 Southern Illinois University
                              13 Mike James G 6-2 188 June 23, 1975 5 Duquesne University
                              55 Marko Jaric G 6-7 198 October 12, 1978 4
                              35 Mark Madsen F 6-9 240 January 28, 1976 6 Stanford University
                              1 Rashad McCants G 6-4 207 September 25, 1984 1 University of North Carolina
                              9 Justin Reed F 6-8 240 January 16, 1982 2 University of Mississippi
                              5 Craig Smith F 6-7 250 November 10, 1983 R Boston College
                              6 Bracey Wright G 6-3 210 July 1, 1984 1 Indiana University

Outside KG, that truly is an awful roster considering Hudson's career was over due to injuries, Foye was a rookie, Ricky Davis is one of the most selfish players to ever play, and Mike James was just given his ridiculous contract at 30 years of age after his 1 on 5 year in Toronto.

Comment

Everyone Is Making It SeemLike Triano Never Had A Good Team Around Him..Excuses Excuses...The Bucks Made The Playoffs Last Year And Who Do They Really Have...An Injured Bogut..The Only Thing Triano Did Is Make Us Miss The Playoffs 3 Years In A Row.Oh Yea And Be Friendly With The Players"Hey Bargnani Can You Try And Grab Some Rebounds For US bUT iF yOU cANT iTS oK..Just Try"

Comment

Working...
                                X