Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call me crazy, but now that Casey is on board, could JuJu be back in our plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit
    replied
    Deshawn Stevenson might be a good replacement. Yeah he has a drinking problem but he can ball. Casey might be an influence as well. I believe he is a f/a.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Wright will be a UFA

I think he gets a clean slate now but him coming back depends on what other options are available. He has a qualifying offer of nearly $4M so needless to say they're going to let him become a UFA (unrestricted free agent).

Leave a comment:

• Arsenalist
    replied
    I can buy this. He could be our DeShawn Stevenson, except that Wright can't make a shot to save his life, and I'm thinking floor spacing and extending the defense is going to be top in Casey's plan.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Our best one on one wing defender and will probably be gone because jay is a idiot with no concept of rotations or defense. For someone who desperately wants a defensive team even if offense is sacrificed I would hate to let this guy go but politics always wins
    Jay has nothing to do with Wright's future as a Raptor or NBA player. The kid was given different opportunities throughout his short career, he has started 40 games in the NBA. While he has shown decent 1 on 1 defense and an ability to pass the ball, he has not shown the ability to make an open shot or even knock down free throws at a decent clip for a perimeter player. While I think he has a good feel for the game I think his basketball IQ is low, and that, not Jay, is what is keeping him from being successful.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    The Raptors were a 22 win team. There are few players who should be brought back and JuJu isn't one of them.

Leave a comment:

• meductic
    replied
    Yeah, you are crazy. Below average player who refused to come off the bench. Just how you want to begin, no ACCOUNTABILIY. He sat on the bench before he came here and he sat on the bench for a 22 win team. If he should be picked up by another team you will not be reading about him as the second coming of Rodman. Hello Tokyo... Enough on Julian Wright already.

Leave a comment:

• G-locity
    replied
    Gone!! Bye bye.....!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jamesk
    replied
    LeeZ wrote: View Post
    To me, Julian Wright is the kind of player Casey would probably like: hard-nosed defender, huge motor, good ball distributor, doesn't demand any shots. The kind of guy he can put in the game to replace someone who isn't giving the proper effort. I see Weems and Evans leaving for sure, but something tells me JuJu might get a second chance. Thoughts?
    You're crazy

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    Our best one on one wing defender and will probably be gone because jay is a idiot with no concept of rotations or defense. For someone who desperately wants a defensive team even if offense is sacrificed I would hate to let this guy go but politics always wins

Leave a comment:

• JYFelony
    replied
    I can see where you're coming from with this, but if Triano is actually filling some management position right now JuJu is gone.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Wright is likely gone. I don't think he impressed head office with his attitude and James Johnson brings just about everything Wright does, but with more skills.

Leave a comment:

• Call me crazy, but now that Casey is on board, could JuJu be back in our plans?

To me, Julian Wright is the kind of player Casey would probably like: hard-nosed defender, huge motor, good ball distributor, doesn't demand any shots. The kind of guy he can put in the game to replace someone who isn't giving the proper effort. I see Weems and Evans leaving for sure, but something tells me JuJu might get a second chance. Thoughts?
Working...
X