No announcement yet.

Post-Draft Reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleveland Cavaliers rookie guard Kyrie Irving is expected to need three months to completely recover from a toe injury, meaning he could be on the sidelines if the NBA season starts on time.Irving, the top pick in the 2011 draft, says the toe feels fine but is dealing with ligament damage that could become an issue if not permitted to heal.Under the current timetable, Irving likely won’t be completely healthy until mid-December.The 19-year-old may not have to worry about missing any time, with the owners and players’ union still far apart in negotiations for a new collective bargaining agreement.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/cavs-g-irv...th-toe-injury/
    Nearly one year later and he is still dealing with the toe. Cleveland fans must have the cold sweats right now.

Comment

Wow. I know the injury was caused by some sort of malformation in his foot (an extra bone?), so I wonder if this is an indication he might struggle throughout his career with foot problems. Still, I don't see needing more time a problem right now. I would be shocked if the season started before the New Year.

The Valanciunas pick remains to look good for the Raptors.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Maybe I've missed it but I don't see the media giving the Bobcats as much grief over Biyombo as the Raps received over JV.

Via HoopsWorld.com:

The current contract of Charlotte Bobcats rookie center Bismack Biyombo has a larger buyout than originally believed, Sportando.net reported Wednesday.

According to the report, Biyombo’s contract with Fuenlabrada of the Spanish ACB has a buyout of $3 million. The club also owns 80 percent of Biyombo’s rights until June 2014, the report said.

Biyombo and his agent previously have said that the contract has a buyout of $1.4 million. NBA teams are allowed to pay up to $500,000 in buyout fees.

A native of Congo, the 6-9 Biyombo is 19 years old and was not expected to be an immediate contributor to the Bobcats. He was taken seventh overall in the 2011 draft by Sacramento and traded to Charlotte.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Maybe I've missed it but I don't see the media giving the Bobcats as much grief over Biyombo as the Raps received over JV.

Via HoopsWorld.com:
          If it turns out that his buyout IS in fact $3M, then you will be hearing LOTS about it.
          Especially if that has him locked down until 2014. He's going to have to come up with $2.5M? Doubt it.

I guess the reason why so much was made about Jonas' buyout was because he was actually quite forthcoming with the information. Biyombo clearly was not.

Comment

Yikes. Tough break for the Bobkittens - and for Biyombo, who I know really wants to come over. On the flip side, I'm glad that there's the potential for Jordan to get screwed.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Via HoopsWorld.com:
              Maybe I missed the grief that the Raptors received, except from those who simply didn't like the pick (probably a lot fewer of those, now).
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                Yikes. Tough break for the Bobkittens - and for Biyombo, who I know really wants to come over. On the flip side, I'm glad that there's the potential for Jordan to get screwed.
                Indeed. Ever since his renege on the Chandler deal, I haven't looked at him the same.
                However, looking at Diaws.. physique, makes me think that maybe that deal falling apart wasn't such a bad thing. haha

Comment

Working...
                X