Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-locity
    replied
    The only thing i have against this is that tyson is injury prone and signing him will for sure take a lot of our cap space, if we do end up getting him, will we have cap room left to address our other need? Tyson is a good center if he can stay healthy so i hope he does if we land him.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    But aren't we all in a lockout? A million $ fine for any contact with any player.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Tyson Chandler to become Unrestricted Free Agent. Raptors Plan "to go hard" after him

Source

Besides big-spending rivals such as Miami and New York that sources say would love to try to steal Chandler from the Mavs if they had any financial flexibility, sources likewise indicate that at least two teams projected to have some salary-cap space in the NBA's new frontier -- Sacramento and Toronto -- are already making plans to go hard after Chandler when they are finally granted that opportunity.
    Colangelo famously wooed Nash. Let's see if he's still got that charm.
    And Marc Stein doesn't make shit up neither.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Raptors interested in Sam

Regarding Dalembert and free agency, NY, Miami, Toronto, and Houston are expected to join Sacramento as suitors.
    Source: @sam_amick

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    I don't like it either.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    I really don't understand going after Chandler. First, you'd have to vastly overpay him, probably crippling the team financially before it's even made the playoffs. Secondly, getting Chandler is more likely to make them a mediocre team than anything, and would probably hurt the future more than it would help it.

Leave a comment:

• matt
    replied
    LBF wrote: View Post
    so, what the fuck are we going to talk about all summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

cause i can now guarantee we aren't getting chandler or anyone for that matter
    We can talk about Jonas Val's play in the U-19 tournament and hopefully Eurobasket later on.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Ah... Bargnani?

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    so, what the fuck are we going to talk about all summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

cause i can now guarantee we aren't getting chandler or anyone for that matter

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    If they spend on Chandler I'm alright with it. He's only 28 and everything he did through the playoffs were the sorts of things he's done in the past. He's always been known for crashing the boards and playing defense. He's entering his prime years right now so it would make sense for him to be peaking and showing big game. His big season shouldn't be written off as a "contract year season". Chandler faced some tough competition throughout the playoffs. At age 28 and considering centers are a group of players who historically last the longest before breaking down, a long term deal fine by me. If the owners get their way you might not see contracts last longer than three or four years anyway. If he comes in, somebody has to leave before JV enters the building for camp in 2012.
    All true. For me, it just depends on how much they need to spend and how many years they give him. $10M x 2/3 seasons (under current CBA rationale) would be fine for me... much more $ or # of years and it becomes less attractive, given JV will be here in a year or two.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    pretty sure cuban will give him a cubanesque big man contract

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    If they spend on Chandler I'm alright with it. He's only 28 and everything he did through the playoffs were the sorts of things he's done in the past. He's always been known for crashing the boards and playing defense. He's entering his prime years right now so it would make sense for him to be peaking and showing big game. His big season shouldn't be written off as a "contract year season". Chandler faced some tough competition throughout the playoffs. At age 28 and considering centers are a group of players who historically last the longest before breaking down, a long term deal fine by me. If the owners get their way you might not see contracts last longer than three or four years anyway. If he comes in, somebody has to leave before JV enters the building for camp in 2012.

The Raptors would probably be willing to pay as much as the Kings and so if it was about the money the Raptors beat of the Kings with the Casey trump card. If it's not all about the money then the Kings and Raptors aren't players in this race to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...e=NBAHeadlines

Not sure how much stock i put in this, but there it is.
    I hope Toronto is just faking interest as a smoke screen to drive up the bidding. Chandler coming off a championship, getting a fat new contract and heading to a lottery team is NOT a recipe for success!

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Raps going hard after Chandler?

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...e=NBAHeadlines

Besides big-spending rivals such as Miami and New York that sources say would love to try to steal Chandler from the Mavs if they had any financial flexibility, sources likewise indicate that at least two teams projected to have some salary-cap space in the NBA's new frontier -- Sacramento and Toronto -- are already making plans to go hard after Chandler when they are finally granted that opportunity.
    Not sure how much stock i put in this, but there it is.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    i'd take thompson for sure. he could start till jonas is ready then be another quality rotational big/trade bait.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X