Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Sacramento just made a trade with Cleveland, sending Casspi & protected 2012 first round pick for Hickson.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6722764

The article mentions Jason Thompson as likely being available now, given Hickson/Cousins/Whiteside at the PF/C position.

Any thoughts about the Raps potentially targeting him? I know he was highly regarded a couple seasons ago and has pretty good rebounding numbers (7.3 rebounds in less than 28 mins, over his career). Could be relatively cheap for a decent young player making only $2.2M on an expiring contract.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    what about lopez?

Leave a comment:

• Maleko
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Source: Denverpost.com

He no doubt will be one of the top free agents available. He's come a long way. Last time he was up for contract some were questioning the amount Denver gave him as he was a liability due to injuries up to that point.
    I would be willing to bet that New Jersey goes hard after Nene and DWest (a NJ native). They would be solid pickups to complement DWilliams and a shot at convincing him to stay.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
    Question. With 10mill open from the cap and only 8.8 by portland to oden, does this change the free agency outlook and stratagy by the raptors. I always looked at Greg as a backup signing if Gasol signed elsewhere. With the draft of Jonas, does it even matter.
    This is great news. If Colangelo was even tempted to do something stupid like offering Oden a deal, that option is now effectively off the table unless he does something really, really stupid.

As for Portland, it's one year. I don't really understand but I assume if he can't play this next year they will let him go.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Nene To Become A UFA

Nene will opt out of the final year of his contract worth nearly $12 million and, as a result, become an unrestricted free agent, a source familiar with the situation said Wednesday night.
    It means Nene can sign with any team he wishes without the Nuggets getting a chance to match the offer when free agency begins after the expected NBA lockout, which likely will start Friday.
    Source: Denverpost.com

He no doubt will be one of the top free agents available. He's come a long way. Last time he was up for contract some were questioning the amount Denver gave him as he was a liability due to injuries up to that point.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    especially since he's playing for spain and as such will spend the majority of the coming season (fingers crossed) on the DL
    He'll be playing behind Rubio and also sharing time with Sergio Rodríguez, so I doubt playing for Spain is going to have a deleterious effect on him. In fact, in might have a positive effect by keeping him sharp.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    while he'd fit in nicely with the likes of DD, Barnes, Ed and big val, that contract is still too crazy.
    He's only got two more years left, and since the majority of the team will still be on their rookie contracts, it's really not a problem. His contract expires at the same time DeRozan will most likely start his next contract.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    especially since he's playing for spain and as such will spend the majority of the coming season (fingers crossed) on the DL

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    while he'd fit in nicely with the likes of DD, Barnes, Ed and big val, that contract is still too crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    charlz wrote: View Post
    No
    Is it fair to fans to consistently put a mediocre product on the floor, which is what they've been doing for the last 16 years?

charlz wrote: View Post
    Sorry Calderon? Numero Ocho?
    Actually, I think Calderon would be excellent for that lineup. He's a veteran PG who gets everyone involved, runs the offense well and doesn't demand shots. And his defense wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue with Valanciunas, Davis and Barnes being behind him on defense. I just wish he was younger.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    id rather have d will 2.0 than h. barnes even thoug they'll both be ill

Leave a comment:

• charlz
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    is that fair to season tickets holders or the fans who wish to tune into the games to see the team legitimately try and compete?
    No

Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Just tank this season and get a high draft pick!! its all about 2012 baby!!

PG - Calderon
    SG- Derozan
    SF - Barnes
    PF - Davis
    C - JV
    Sorry Calderon? Numero Ocho?

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Jesus Christ you do NOT give Greg Oden more than 2 or 3 million per year. Who's running the blazers these days?

Leave a comment:

• OzRapFan
    replied
    exactly, I don't see the facination with this guy, he HAD potential, now he is a 23 year old going on 50 (he even looks 50)

Leave a comment:

• EaseMyPain
    replied
    Whaaaa?

You take a shot at Oden for a couple of million at the most ! Portland is doing a Gilbert Arenas on this. If they pay him for one year at the qualifying offer or give him say 10 million over 3 years, that is not so bad. But Oden can be a franchise killer. And even when he was healthy he was too slow on rotations and coming back to defend the rim. He is a foul machine at his peak. Now, he is a seven foot pylon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X