Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Targeting a Free Agent Centre? Chisholm's 2 cents post #71

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    while he'd fit in nicely with the likes of DD, Barnes, Ed and big val, that contract is still too crazy.
    @sweatpantsjer

    Comment


    • #92
      especially since he's playing for spain and as such will spend the majority of the coming season (fingers crossed) on the DL
      @sweatpantsjer

      Comment


      • #93
        ceez wrote: View Post
        while he'd fit in nicely with the likes of DD, Barnes, Ed and big val, that contract is still too crazy.
        He's only got two more years left, and since the majority of the team will still be on their rookie contracts, it's really not a problem. His contract expires at the same time DeRozan will most likely start his next contract.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

        Comment


        • #94
          ceez wrote: View Post
          especially since he's playing for spain and as such will spend the majority of the coming season (fingers crossed) on the DL
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

          Comment


          • #95
            Nene To Become A UFA

            Nene will opt out of the final year of his contract worth nearly $12 million and, as a result, become an unrestricted free agent, a source familiar with the situation said Wednesday night.
            It means Nene can sign with any team he wishes without the Nuggets getting a chance to match the offer when free agency begins after the expected NBA lockout, which likely will start Friday.
            Source: Denverpost.com

            He no doubt will be one of the top free agents available. He's come a long way. Last time he was up for contract some were questioning the amount Denver gave him as he was a liability due to injuries up to that point.

            Comment


            • #96
              Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
              Question. With 10mill open from the cap and only 8.8 by portland to oden, does this change the free agency outlook and stratagy by the raptors. I always looked at Greg as a backup signing if Gasol signed elsewhere. With the draft of Jonas, does it even matter.
              This is great news. If Colangelo was even tempted to do something stupid like offering Oden a deal, that option is now effectively off the table unless he does something really, really stupid.

              As for Portland, it's one year. I don't really understand but I assume if he can't play this next year they will let him go.

              Comment


              • #97
                Apollo wrote: View Post
                Source: Denverpost.com

                He no doubt will be one of the top free agents available. He's come a long way. Last time he was up for contract some were questioning the amount Denver gave him as he was a liability due to injuries up to that point.
                I would be willing to bet that New Jersey goes hard after Nene and DWest (a NJ native). They would be solid pickups to complement DWilliams and a shot at convincing him to stay.

                Comment


                • #98
                  what about lopez?
                  @sweatpantsjer

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Sacramento just made a trade with Cleveland, sending Casspi & protected 2012 first round pick for Hickson.

                    Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6722764

                    The article mentions Jason Thompson as likely being available now, given Hickson/Cousins/Whiteside at the PF/C position.

                    Any thoughts about the Raps potentially targeting him? I know he was highly regarded a couple seasons ago and has pretty good rebounding numbers (7.3 rebounds in less than 28 mins, over his career). Could be relatively cheap for a decent young player making only $2.2M on an expiring contract.

                    Comment


                    • i'd take thompson for sure. he could start till jonas is ready then be another quality rotational big/trade bait.
                      @sweatpantsjer

                      Comment


                      • Raps going hard after Chandler?

                        http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...e=NBAHeadlines

                        Besides big-spending rivals such as Miami and New York that sources say would love to try to steal Chandler from the Mavs if they had any financial flexibility, sources likewise indicate that at least two teams projected to have some salary-cap space in the NBA's new frontier -- Sacramento and Toronto -- are already making plans to go hard after Chandler when they are finally granted that opportunity.
                        Not sure how much stock i put in this, but there it is.
                        @sweatpantsjer

                        Comment


                        • ceez wrote: View Post
                          http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...e=NBAHeadlines



                          Not sure how much stock i put in this, but there it is.
                          I hope Toronto is just faking interest as a smoke screen to drive up the bidding. Chandler coming off a championship, getting a fat new contract and heading to a lottery team is NOT a recipe for success!

                          Comment


                          • If they spend on Chandler I'm alright with it. He's only 28 and everything he did through the playoffs were the sorts of things he's done in the past. He's always been known for crashing the boards and playing defense. He's entering his prime years right now so it would make sense for him to be peaking and showing big game. His big season shouldn't be written off as a "contract year season". Chandler faced some tough competition throughout the playoffs. At age 28 and considering centers are a group of players who historically last the longest before breaking down, a long term deal fine by me. If the owners get their way you might not see contracts last longer than three or four years anyway. If he comes in, somebody has to leave before JV enters the building for camp in 2012.

                            The Raptors would probably be willing to pay as much as the Kings and so if it was about the money the Raptors beat of the Kings with the Casey trump card. If it's not all about the money then the Kings and Raptors aren't players in this race to begin with.

                            Comment


                            • pretty sure cuban will give him a cubanesque big man contract
                              @sweatpantsjer

                              Comment


                              • Apollo wrote: View Post
                                If they spend on Chandler I'm alright with it. He's only 28 and everything he did through the playoffs were the sorts of things he's done in the past. He's always been known for crashing the boards and playing defense. He's entering his prime years right now so it would make sense for him to be peaking and showing big game. His big season shouldn't be written off as a "contract year season". Chandler faced some tough competition throughout the playoffs. At age 28 and considering centers are a group of players who historically last the longest before breaking down, a long term deal fine by me. If the owners get their way you might not see contracts last longer than three or four years anyway. If he comes in, somebody has to leave before JV enters the building for camp in 2012.
                                All true. For me, it just depends on how much they need to spend and how many years they give him. $10M x 2/3 seasons (under current CBA rationale) would be fine for me... much more $ or # of years and it becomes less attractive, given JV will be here in a year or two.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X