Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

14 mill Bosh TPE update?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 14 mill Bosh TPE update?

    Has there been any news on this?

    I thought it expired one year after the transaction July 10th?

    Would MLSE be willing to take on money?
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

  • #2
    Why would they want to take on money when they have $45-46M committed to salary for next season and, as of July 1st, they are $13M under the current cap and could have up to $17M? (if there is any truth to the $62M offered by the owners this week)

    Comment


    • #3
      I also remember something about the TPE being "frozen" when the CBA expires and then "resumed" when a new CBA is reached.
      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

      Comment


      • #4
        It's not 14 million anymore. It's more like 9 million.

        Comment


        • #5
          RaptorDan wrote: View Post
          I also remember something about the TPE being "frozen" when the CBA expires and then "resumed" when a new CBA is reached.
          FA is July 1 CBA expires??

          Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Why would they want to take on money when they have $45-46M committed to salary for next season and, as of July 1st, they are $13M under the current cap and could have up to $17M? (if there is any truth to the $62M offered by the owners this week)
          Well if barbosa voids his final year - I think you will see something involving TPE -
          Last edited by charlz; Sat Jun 25th, 2011, 11:12 AM.
          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

          Comment


          • #6
            charlz wrote: View Post
            FA is July 1 CBA expires??



            Well if barbosa voids his final year - I think you will see a series of moves.... maybe jonny Flynn is still in play and thats is why they passed on PG's...
            I would love Barbosa to opt out but that is a big IF.

            Flynn was dealt to Houston (not sure if you realized but reportedly available from the Rockets as well).

            Another reason they passed on PG's is because they either didn't think they were better than Bayless or they are happy with Bayless. Remember, Bayless is the same age as Jimmer and only 1 year older than Kemba.

            Comment


            • #7
              Perhaps I am mistaken, but I thought teams could only use TPE in a trade if they were already over the salary cap.

              For instance, if the Raptors wanted to absorb an $8M contract and they had more than $8M in cap space, they could NOT use the TPE in that trade; they'd simply have enough cap-space to take on that $8M contract. Would a new $8M TPE be generated for the team trading away the player, assuming they got no salary in return? Damn CBA... lol

              Comment


              • #8
                9.026 million dollars are left.

                http://raptorsrepublic.com/2011/04/1...e-live-blog-2/

                Comment


                • #9
                  CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  For instance, if the Raptors wanted to absorb an $8M contract and they had more than $8M in cap space, they could NOT use the TPE in that trade; they'd simply have enough cap-space to take on that $8M contract. Would a new $8M TPE be generated for the team trading away the player, assuming they got no salary in return? Damn CBA... lol
                  Yes.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I would love Barbosa to opt out but that is a big IF.

                    Flynn was dealt to Houston (not sure if you realized but reportedly available from the Rockets as well).

                    Another reason they passed on PG's is because they either didn't think they were better than Bayless or they are happy with Bayless. Remember, Bayless is the same age as Jimmer and only 1 year older than Kemba.
                    ya which is a diss to him hes been in the league how long and these rookies are gonna figure out how to be a starting calibre point guard before him.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      LBF wrote: View Post
                      ya which is a diss to him hes been in the league how long and these rookies are gonna figure out how to be a starting calibre point guard before him.
                      BC talks glowingly about him and he is a wonderful person - but he doesn't really fit the agenda (defense youth) all that having been said they used him to get Turk out of town so I won't complain if he cashes in his last year.
                      "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X