No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those UNC guys do stick together dont they!! Those were good points he made in terms of Barnes utilizing (or not) his entire skill set. Unlike MKG or even Beal there comes times in games when the chips are down and it calls for a certain amount of creativity and even departure from a set play "because you really think you do it"....I dont get that feeling so far from Barnes (seen him about 6 times). He'll take the shot but I'd like our pick who can mix it up/dynamic/make his mates better. Lets see what happens tonight.

Comment

• Barnes having a absolutely abysmal game. Looking more and more like a mid-late first round pick and less like a lotto prospect. Awful.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Quincy should probably stay another year :/
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Buuut he just tied it up CLUTCH.

Comment

• I'm going for MKG. DeMar is looking like he can become an all star swingman with the guys around him. Unless quincy miller goes KD and shoots up the draft, my pick right now is Kidd ghilcrest.

Comment

• Just coughed ice tea out my nose at "DeMar... All star swingman"
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                Just coughed ice tea out my nose at "DeMar... All star swingman"
                i think he will. He is becoming a better player overall and if you put in a couple of those key pieces like a Valanciunas and a Barnes/MKG then we'll become a great team and it will help his confidence grow more and more. Bargnani is an all star, DeMar certainly has the potential to be and Valanciunas looks like he'll be a great player too so its looking very good. IMO its better to keep a young core together, Give demar 1 more year under casey and i guarantee you that he'll be playing much better next season.

Comment

• Holy poop MKG is absolutely destroying everything in his path
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Teague has really impressed me this tourney, actually. He's vastly stepped up his game.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      i think he will. He is becoming a better player overall and if you put in a couple of those key pieces like a Valanciunas and a Barnes/MKG then we'll become a great team and it will help his confidence grow more and more. Bargnani is an all star, DeMar certainly has the potential to be and Valanciunas looks like he'll be a great player too so its looking very good. IMO its better to keep a young core together, Give demar 1 more year under casey and i guarantee you that he'll be playing much better next season.
                      Demar FINALLY had a great game (both sides of the ball too!) but they've been way too far and few in between. It's frustrating cause he clearly has it in him he just never puts it together mentally. He's a long long way from being a all-star.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I'm somewhat intrigued by JJ. I'd like to see what he can do next season after a full summer working with coaches (something that obviously didn't happen last year). He's improved a lot over last season, and that upward trend might continue into 2012-13.

I wouldn't be upset of JJ was our starting SF next year. I don't think the "hole" at SF is as big as it's made out to be.

i agree with this but i still think you grab mkg if he is on the board. jj has grown more than any player on the roster this year.he is especially good at the 3 if we pick up beal i think.

Comment

• Hypothetical here but we win the draft. we grab A.davis. now we trade both E.davis and amir? i am thinking we could shore up some other teams front line pretty well if they wanted them together.

Comment

• Just say, "NO!" to Barnes

I have to agree:

And some thoughts on Harrison Barnes. The timing looks odd, because Barnes was horrendous on Friday, but loyal readers know I’ve been shaky on the guy for over a year now. There’s always been something or some things about Barnes that scare me. I think he’ll be a better pro than college player, but I think the Raptors should pass on him.

Here are a few reasons why:

(1) Something is missing. It’s hard to quantify, is it will, desire, heart, toughness, competitive fire, basketball IQ, some combination of a bunch of those? Not sure, but he definitely has something missing in the mental or motor departments.

(2) Horrible fit alongside DeMar DeRozan. Sure he’s a good outside shooter which DeRozan is not, but neither can create shots for themselves consistently and are poor dribblers and no NBA team is going to be successful without starting swingmen who can do more than just spot up or finish alley-oops.

(3) Too similar to Bargnani. You are asking for trouble if you build around two cornerstones this passive. The Raptors need an injection of passion and killer instinct. Barnes doesn’t provide that.

The Raptors need game changers. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist has that kind of an attitude and can turn games defensively. Anthony Davis is the same way.

Bradley Beal has the offensive game to dominate and the basketball IQ to hurt and exploit opponents by whatever methods are necessary.

Unless Bargnani and/or DeRozan are traded, I don’t like Barnes as a fit on the Raptors.
                            http://blogs.canoe.ca/courtside/gene...t-be-a-raptor/

Comment

• Barnes v Kidd-Gilchrist Tournament play

NCAA tournament exposes character heart grittiness.

True champions succeed and pretenders are exposed.

Last night Barnes looked like Wince "i-don't-care-*that*-much" Carter.
                              Barnes was a feeble 3-16 12 pts
                              In fact other than triggering a 4 point play he was a almost a listless liability in what was the most high octane tournament games thus far (IMO)

During the season Barnes has looked passive and I wanted to see what he would do come tournament time and I am not impressed. Barnes has a world class NBA body athleticism ability but is emotionally passive and majorly lacking in heart.
                              How many rings did VC get? How many playoff series has TMAC won?

On the other hand MKG has a competitive fire burning within his belly which is reminiscent of NBA champions like KG Dirk Manu.
                              Not as much ability as Barnes but going to be a waaaaay better pro IMO.
                              7-15 (10/10 fts) 24 pts
                              I know it was just one game but even consensus number1 pick Anthony Davis looked like he was in need of a bailout from MKG.

If the Raptors add MKG to the JV Mix you will see their compete level trend up big time in the years to come because JV has an insane compete level too and it is infectious.... as is passivity.

Barnes is a star MKG is a champion IMO
                              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• charlz wrote: View Post
                                NCAA tournament exposes character heart grittiness.

True champions succeed and pretenders are exposed.

Last night Barnes looked like Wince "i-don't-care-*that*-much" Carter.
                                Barnes was a feeble 3-16 12 pts
                                In fact other than triggering a 4 point play he was a almost a listless liability in what was the most high octane tournament games thus far (IMO)

During the season Barnes has looked passive and I wanted to see what he would do come tournament time and I am not impressed. Barnes has a world class NBA body athleticism ability but is emotionally passive and majorly lacking in heart.
                                How many rings did VC get? How many playoff series has TMAC won?

On the other hand MKG has a competitive fire burning within his belly which is reminiscent of NBA champions like KG Dirk Manu.
                                Not as much ability as Barnes but going to be a waaaaay better pro IMO.
                                7-15 (10/10 fts) 24 pts
                                I know it was just one game but even consensus number1 pick Anthony Davis looked like he was in need of a bailout from MKG.

If the Raptors add MKG to the JV Mix you will see their compete level trend up big time in the years to come because JV has an insane compete level too and it is infectious.... as is passivity.

Barnes is a star MKG is a champion IMO
                                I would disagree with Barnes athleticism. He is an average athlete by NBA standards - and average could be a bit generous.

Comment

Working...
                                X