2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Ford tweets full draft measurements:

Damian Lillard with a 6'7.5" wingspan is very interesting.

Brad Beal 6' 4.75" in shoes and 6' 3.25" socks.

Comment

• surprising about Beal. Rumour was that he grew over the course of the year. Wonder if that affects his stock at all (although it shouldn't).

Comment

• Measurements are out!

I have official measurements from #NBACombine. I just took the ones that were in are drafting range or who has show a lot interest in this forum and Drummond cause just a freak

Kendall Marshall 6'3.25" socks 6' 4.25" shoes and 6' 5.5" wing 7' 10.5" reach

Brad Beal6' 3.25" socks 6' 4.75" shoes and 6' 8" wing 8' 3" reach

Andre Drummond 6' 9.75" socks 6' 11.75" shoes and 7' 6.25" wing 9' 1.5" reach. FREAKY

Dion Waiters 6' 2.5" socks 6' 4" shoes and 6' 7.35" wing 8' 2" reach

Perry Jones 6' 10.25" socks 6' 11.5" shoes and 7' 1.75" wing 8' 10.5" reach

Damian Lillard 6'1.75" socks 6' 2.75" shoes and 6' 7.5" wing 8' 0" reach
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Terence Ross 3% body fat

Wow. That's toned.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            surprising about Beal. Rumour was that he grew over the course of the year. Wonder if that affects his stock at all (although it shouldn't).
            Hopefully it does

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
              Terence Ross 3% body fat

Wow. That's toned.

I also was paying a fair bit of attention to that stat...it says a lot about a players commitment to the weight room
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• More denials via Doug Smith

Dispelling a Waiters myth for the time being

It truly is the time of disinformation – or maybe misinformation -- around the NBA and the draft right now.

There was all kinds of buzz here in Chicago that Syracuse guard Dion Waiters had a “promise” from some team near the top of the draft and that’s why he’s pulled out of the pre-draft combine.

Of course, it set the chattering masses alight because Waiters can score, the Raptors need a scorer and, well, why wouldn’t it make sense.

And it still might, except for the fact there’s no “promise” from Toronto; quite the contrary, actually.

Here’s Bryan Colangelo, not 15 minutes ago:

"His agent has told me there's a promise to another team. Regardless, if he's on the board he's in our mix."

So, on we go, more days of speculation ahead of us but you might want to hold off on getting the Waiters replica jerseys made at the moment.

Okay, off to the media session with these kids in a bit, will get whatever news I can.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...ime-being.html

Comment

• Dame Lillard impresses
                  ESPN Insider

Weber State's Lillard received the most buzz. Lillard's agent gave him the choice to skip the event, but he decided he wanted to play. "I just wanted to show teams that I'm not afraid to compete with the best. I've been working really hard and I wanted to show them who I am."

Teams liked the fact that he decided to play. It was especially important for Lillard because a number of head coaches, owners and even some executives were in the crowd that had never seen him live. Lillard shot the lights out in the shooting drills and then had no trouble getting to the basket on the one-on-one portion of the event. "He looked like a legit lottery pick," one GM said. That's all he needed to accomplish.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Anybody else think that Draymond Green will be one of those Farried type players? I thought he was only 6'6 but almost 6'8 isn't too bad, I think you could get production out of him out of the 37th pick!
                    Last edited by Jon_Wade; Fri Jun 8, 2012, 11:27 AM.
                    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• And yet more fallout from WaitersGate

Via Twitter.com:

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_SI

Bryan Colangelo just now: "I don't know how we make a promise and shop No. 8."

Chad Ford Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider

Bryan Colangelo just told us that Raptors didn't promise Dion Waiters. Said he's in the mix at 8 however.

Comment

• Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider

Colangelo said pick is not being "shopped" but acknowledged he wanted to bring in a veteran and was open to trade.

Comment

• It's funny how some players add an 1" (barnes) for shoes And then drummond adds 2". Lol. I think every player should wear the highest shoe possible. Or maybe there should be no measurements with shoes on.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            so no rudy gay

Comment

• Chat Ford talks Promise with BC

Bryan Colangelo just told us that Raptors didn't promise Dion Waiters. Said he's in the mix at 8 however.

Colangelo said pick is not being "shopped" but acknowledged he wanted to bring in a veteran and was open to trade.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I wouldn't say Terrence Ross at 3% body fat is from working out. Look at his height to weight ratio 6'7 1/2 and 196lbs. He's a rake! If he was 220 and 6'7 that's a different story.

Comment

Working...
                                X