2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Lillard is really starting to impress me as well. I've been very much opposed to him to be honest. His interviews have been spectacular same with his shooting. The 6'8" wingspan won me over today.

His passing and play making ability concern me though.

I think he would be a great backup to Jose next year or Nash for a couple.

I'm still not confident in Lillard.. he'd be a better pick up than Kemba was last year, but I wasn't a Kemba fan. If he's doing well, then Portland may snatch him at #6.

Comment

• My main concern with Lillard is that he has 3 more years of experience than many of the other draft candidates. He should be much better and more polished.

Comment

• Have zero issues with Lillard's passing. In scrimmages they've said it's surprising how good he was.

People seem to forget he was option 1-5 on that Weber offense and still was incredibly efficient.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
          My main concern with Lillard is that he has 3 more years of experience than many of the other draft candidates. He should be much better and more polished.
          I don't think he has 3 more years of basketball experience because I believe he had an injury that put him out for a year.
          “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
          ― John Wooden

Comment

• Lillard has my vote as the Raps pick if he is still around at 8. Only concern is that his game hasn't been picked apart like some of the other picks at this spot in the draft because of the lack of exposure this year. Love what I see though and I believe we will regret trading the pick if he is still on the board at our spot.
            “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
            ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
              Lillard has my vote as the Raps pick if he is still around at 8. Only concern is that his game hasn't been picked apart like some of the other picks at this spot in the draft because of the lack of exposure this year. Love what I see though and I believe we will regret trading the pick if he is still on the board at our spot.
              From pre-draft combine workouts and drills, swishscout says:

Damian Lillard was stroking it from NBA 3-point range and appeared very confident among the other point guards. He already looks like a pro in terms of his build and ability to shoot the ball. I have been critical of his passing ability and future as point guard, but as a shooter/scorer, even at off guard, think he has an indefinite future in the league. Fran Fraschilla brought up relevant concerns with his pick and roll play, in addition to the fact he only shot 30% on his FGA going to the right.
              Other notables:

Terrence Jones stroke looks greatly smoothed out and more consistent from the perimeter. Played great post defense, using his length and strength effectively to protect the paint in post up drills. Jay Williams also pointed out that he built up a lot of mental toughness during his sophomore season, backing up our point that he did a great job of taking a step back from being “the man” and embracing his role with the talented team.
              Jeffery Taylor looked great shooting the ball in the midrange curl drills. Arguably the top athlete in the draft and one of the elite perimeter defenders, Taylor seems to be a player that is still very much under the radar.
              Perry Jones said in an interview that he is playing with more confidence and a higher motor, but didn’t see it on the floor. Still shies away from contact and settles for jump shots, frequently fading away in the post.
              Royce White looked strong and physical in the workouts, even playing against the power forward prospects. Displayed a lot of power, even shrugging off Andrew Nicholson on a drive with his pure power. His shot still doesn’t look great and will have to address his off-court issues in the interviews, but he’s an undervalued prospect and passer in this crop.
              Draymond Green looked svelte in workouts, dropping some weight and getting in shape to get ready for the league. Apparently a lot of team statisticians love him because of his efficiency and impact based on his numbers at Michigan State.
              Scott Machado displayed good aggressiveness, flashing his speed and some great shiftiness in his dribble. While his release is a bit odd, showed an improved jumper that looks great off his pull back dribble.
              John Jenkins only shot the ball okay (by his standards) in the drills, but that quick release showed as a big plus. Seems to be filling in his frame nicely with those square shoulders. Arguably the best shooter in the draft to some.
              Andrew Nicholson looked long and measured in an impressive 7’1” wingspan. Since his freshman year he has added 50 lb.s to his frame, but with his noticeably small shoulder base, won’t outmuscle anyone, which isn’t his game anyway. Dynamic forward who is drawing a lot of interest in the late first-round.
              Will Barton displays some serious competitiveness and confidence every time he steps on the floor. He’s still super skinny, but he has ‘NBA scorer’ written all over his game with his talents and skill set.
              Jae Crowder measured at only 6’3”, and for a forward prospect (especially one that made his name in the post), that is grossly undersized. Still looked huge with the muscle on his frame and his top heavy build, but showed off solid midrange touch and that high motor. Certainly doesn’t have a defined position in the league, but think he can find time on the floor with his skill set and how hard he plays.
              ― John Wooden

Comment

• Interesting stuff Coach.

What stands out is the PJ3. It is incredible that even in this setting he cannot change his effort level to try allay the fears of his detractors which he/his agent should know about...lack of motor and aversion to contact. Dangerous consideration imo.

Terence Jones is making heads turn.
                Last edited by Bendit; Fri Jun 8, 2012, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Barton really intrigues me with our first second rounder
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Poise

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Damian Lillard or Perry Jones please. Go big or go home. Gamble picks. Even Austin Rivers or Jeremy Lamb.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        Damian Lillard or Perry Jones please. Go big or go home. Gamble picks. Even Austin Rivers or Jeremy Lamb.
                        My exact thoughts.

Comment

• Interesting interviews

BC
                          http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/bry...elo-jun-7-2012

Moe Harkless
                          http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/moe...ess-jun-7-2012

Damian Lillard
                          http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/dam...ard-jun-7-2012

I just have this gut feeling that BC loves Harkless. In the Harkless interview you hear him say that BC told him that the 3 spot is wide open and that they will be looking at him. I just don't know if he will reach for him at 8.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think with BC it's not the names that he says, it's the ones that he isn't saying that are the true front runners.

Although, I really like Harkless and Lillard so far. Harkless needs some more muscle to play SF in the NBA though, and I think 8th is a little early to take him.

Comment

• Harkless reminds everyone of Paul George. Would you "reach" for George at 8?
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Lillard coming to Toronto this week

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X