No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beal, the 2011 Gatorade National Player of the Year at Chaminade College Preparatory School in St. Louis, was the only one of five brothers not to play football throughout high school. He stopped after his sophomore year -- he was a quarterback, receiver and safety -- but said he still has a football player's mindset.

"It's just that toughness and that knack for finding contact," Beal said. "I always feel as if basketball is a contact sport -- it's still physical, and guys still get knocked around."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1xPhHwuKo
    I hope he slides...... to the Raptors.

Comment

• he's not sliding all the way to 8 unless all 7 Gm's ahead of us are high on draft day

Comment

• I'll take a stab at this:

Raptors #8 pick (Waiters) plus Ed Davis for

Suns #13 pick (Rivers) plus Robin Lopez

Lopez can be an enforcer/bodyguard for JV who is going to be abused as a rookie NBA center.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          he's not sliding all the way to 8 unless all 7 Gm's ahead of us are high on draft day
          One never knows. The key will be Charlotte and Washington and if one takes Robinson, in my opinion.

New Olreans - Davis
          Charlotte - Robinson/MKG?
          Washington - MKG/Robinson?
          Cleveland - Barnes?
          Sacramento - Drummond?
          Portland - Lillard? Sullinger?
          Golden State - Terrence or Perry Jones?
          Toronto - B-E-A-L-?

Cleveland is hot and heavy for Barnes.
          Sacramento has a tonne of SG's.
          Portland needs PG and C.
          GS - needs SF

The problem with the above is it may not consider best player available. On the flip side, we don't know how each team has evaluated best player available either.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            He measured 6'3.5" in socks and 6'5" in shoes. Weighs 203lbs. 6'7.25" wingspan.

I don't know what all these rumours about SG's and the Raptors mean. Does it mean:

- the Raptors are looking for a new Barbosa?
            - Bayless is done in Toronto?
            - DeRozan is done in Toronto?
            - DeRozan is no longer thought of as a SG?
            - or is it a smokescreen and BC/Steffi keeping cards close to their chest?

SwishScout.com Profile: http://swishscout.com/?page_id=737

Is it June 28th yet?
            I think that BC has just realize that they need a shot creator on the perimeter at the end of games
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

One never knows. The key will be Charlotte and Washington and if one takes Robinson, in my opinion.

New Olreans - Davis
              Charlotte - Robinson/MKG?
              Washington - MKG/Robinson?
              Cleveland - Barnes?
              Sacramento - Drummond?
              Portland - Lillard? Sullinger?
              Golden State - Terrence or Perry Jones?
              Toronto - B-E-A-L-?

Cleveland is hot and heavy for Barnes.
              Sacramento has a tonne of SG's.
              Portland needs PG and C.
              GS - needs SF

The problem with the above is it may not consider best player available. On the flip side, we don't know how each team has evaluated best player available either.
              How pissed off would you get if Beal was available at 8, but Bryan ended up trading the pick away (to say Phoenix for 13, or to Memphis for Gay, etc)? Even though I've fallen in love with the idea of getting Gay, I think I'd rather have Beal at 8.

Comment

• I'd be super pissed if Beal was available at 7. That coin flip come back to bite us in the a$$

Comment

I hope he slides...... to the Raptors.
                  like Beal but I thought he would be bigger. I knew he was going to be undersized but now looks like his going to be out powered by other guards weighted in at 202. I also don't like how creating is own shot isn't his strength. I feel like we enough spot up shooters on the wing
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    I think that BC has just realize that they need a shot creator on the perimeter at the end of games
                    That is a good point.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      How pissed off would you get if Beal was available at 8, but Bryan ended up trading the pick away (to say Phoenix for 13, or to Memphis for Gay, etc)? Even though I've fallen in love with the idea of getting Gay, I think I'd rather have Beal at 8.
                      I am still holding out hope that Gay and a lottery pick end up in Toronto. The pick does not necessarily have to be their own.

Comment

• Yeah that'd be pretty rad.

Rad things don't happen to Toronto
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          Draft express has perry jones's best case scenario as Rudy Gay meets Josh Smith.

He said that he thinks he could turn a franchise around. Also he said he wants to be like LeBron and Durant so the willingness to be a great player is also there. Like many others i really want PJ3 to be the guy we pick on the 28th.

lol like how he says that will be the difference between me going 8 or 12
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            Yeah that'd be pretty rad.

Rad things don't happen to Toronto
                            "And Buzz-Kill of the Day goes to....."

Comment

• @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                like Beal but I thought he would be bigger. I knew he was going to be undersized but now looks like his going to be out powered by other guards weighted in at 202. I also don't like how creating is own shot isn't his strength. I feel like we enough spot up shooters on the wing
                                I am not particularly enamored by Beal but wouldnt be displeased...he is 18 and probably has another inch or two of growth and a few pounds more left in him.

If Beal fell to 8th though the Grizz might make a push to do a deal with Gay. Conundrum for Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X