2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shantz wrote: View Post
    Did the need another pick to complete the Toronto and Sacramento deals? Or are they gearing up for something else?
    Houston's made it VERY clear they are looking to put together a package of Draft picks and young pieces to try and make a trade for Dwight.

Comment

• by thursday houston will have the rights to the entire back end of the draft
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
        For those that care, the new nbadraft.net mock has MKG going #7 to Golden State #ceezonsuicidewatch
        this isn't funny any more
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          this isn't funny any more
          my uncle always had a trick when flipping a coin and could make a 50/50 flip be a 100% victory for himself everytime. anyone have a picture of the guy who flipped that coin so we can curse him?

Comment

• Tim Kawakami: NBA source: It's possible Harrison Barnes falls out of the top 6, but unclear if GSWs would jump on him at 7 over Waiters or Lillard. Twitter

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Houston's made it VERY clear they are looking to put together a package of Draft picks and young pieces to try and make a trade for Dwight.
              With 3 mid 1st round picks and Lowry as bait, I could see Houston acquiring a couple top-10 picks. They could give #14 & #16 to Sacramento for #5, then do Lowry & #18 to Portland for #6.

They would then have 2 top-10 picks, Martin ($13M expiring), Dalembert ($7M expiring - $1.5M buyout) and even Scola (3yr/$30M remaining) available to trade for Howard and at least 1 bad contract (ie: Turk).

Other than Lowry, Scola and Martin, the only players they have under contract for next season are Morris ($2M) and Parsons ($1M).

I wonder if Houston could make a deal for Howard and wind up having enough cap space to go after DWill too??? He is a native Texan and the pair have said they'd like to play together... could be scary!
              Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jun 26, 2012, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                my uncle always had a trick when flipping a coin and could make a 50/50 flip be a 100% victory for himself everytime. anyone have a picture of the guy who flipped that coin so we can curse him?
                It was Two Face

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  With 3 mid 1st round picks and Lowry as bait, I could see Houston acquiring a couple top-10 picks. They could give #14 & #16 to Sacramento for #5, then do Lowry & #18 to Portland for #6.

They would then have 2 top-10 picks, Martin ($13M expiring), Dalembert ($7M expiring - $1.5M buyout) and even Scola (3yr/$30M remaining) available to trade for Howard and at least 1 bad contract (ie: Turk).

Other than Lowry, Scola and Martin, the only players they have under contract for next season are Morris ($2M) and Parsons ($1M).

I wonder if Houston could make a deal for Howard and wind up having enough cap space to go after DWill too??? He is a native Texan and the pair have said they'd like to play together... could be scary!
                  Hmm. My first thought (given the rumors, and my blatant homerism) was that they got #18 so the raptors didn't have to deal #8 for Lowry straight up. That way it would be #14 & #16 for #5 and then Lowry and #18 for number 8. But it makes a lot more sense that they would do the same deal for #6, seeing as Portland's need for a point guard is as severe if not worse than our own. Then again, Portland may feel better about drafting Lillard at 6 than trading it away for Lowry.

My guess would be that if Houston offers Lowry AND #18, there's no way BC turns it down. Here's to hoping Portland does.

Comment

• I'm going to laugh so hard when 1) Orlando refuses to deal Howard, or 2) Howard bolts to LA at the end of the season.

Morey will finally be exposed as a hack.

Comment

• Word is if they don't get Howard they're going after Josh Smith
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• DraftExpress tweets:

Sources say Houston has an offer of Lowry, the #14 and #16 picks for Tyreke Evans and the #5 pick on the table. Up to Sacramento to decide.

Comment

• why would either team do that. Maybe houston cause they get a top 5 pick

Comment

• #5, #18, Tyreke/KMartin, expiring contract for Howard & maybe Turk?

Not a bad haul for Orlando if it ends up going that way.

Comment

• If the rumoured Houston-Sac deal goes through, then I don't see how Houston and Toronto would be trade partners for the #8. Maybe the Houston play is Tyreke and #5 in a package for Howard, maybe throwing in the #18 and/or some other players, and taking back salary.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                DraftExpress tweets:
                                Kings would be stupid not to do that. That said...
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X