2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Not going to lie, was happy to hear that Bayless is getting a QO. Good News to my ears.
    Me too

I still like Dion Waiters as the pick but would still rather have Rudy Gay, although that seems not plausible anymore.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Raptors keeping NBA draft options open

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...t-options-open

“It’s not a matter of just answering the question vaguely, there are literally so many balls up in the air … at this stage it’s premature to give any kind of indication,” Colangelo said in his final public media session before the draft. “Plus, I probably wouldn’t do that anyway because it’s not part of the game that we play as it relates to the draft

Comment

• ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
        Sacramento at No. 5 and Toronto at No. 8. Those are the picks still generating the most trade chatter on the eve of the NBA Draft

Oh to be a fly on BC's wall today... RR needs to employ one of those guys who hacks celebrity cell phones!

Comment

• My guess on the Top 3 at #8: Lillard, Waiters, Rivers. He talked about the QO to Bayless, but then immediately talked about stacking, or creating competition at the 2. I think the need for shooters is weighing heavily for that pick, if they keep it.

My guess on PJIII: Not with a 10-foot pole, based on the motor questions. Colangelo was pretty frank about the importance of that.

My guess on what happens: The pick is traded, either before or after the draft. The most obvious thing about the interview was how much is going on behind the scenes. Something has to give. BC sounded way too excited to just stand pat this summer.
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• S&T Bayless to Phoenix along with Waiters (8th pick) for Captain Canada (stupid idea)

send Bayless to Phoenix S&T with Captain Canada Better!
            Last edited by Profster; Wed Jun 27, 2012, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Profster wrote: View Post
              S&T Bayless to Phoenix along with Waiters (8th pick) for Captain Canada
              I am one of the biggest 'Nash to Toronto' supporters there are.

However if this went down, I'd lose my sh!t. No way is a 38 year old PG - no matter how good he is right now - worth the 8th pick.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I am one of the biggest 'Nash to Toronto' supporters there are.

However if this went down, I'd lose my sh!t. No way is a 38 year old PG - no matter how good he is right now - worth the 8th pick.

Good Thinking (I'm not with it today) Waiters and Nash would be great together DD moves to the 3

What a starting 5

Val
                Barn
                DD
                Waiters
                Captain Canada
                Last edited by Profster; Wed Jun 27, 2012, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Can you feel it...(cue the drum solo)

..coming in the air tonight? Well, tomorrow night. Things are starting to move. The Houston deal wasn't insignificant. Budinger played about 30 min a night in the second half of the season and shot 40% from three. Traded that for an 18th pick? Will the 18th pick do that? Something is up. And then two (past their prime) prominent scorers (gordon and maggette) are traded for each other. The wheels are starting to move. It may be great or it may be disastrous but you've got to think something is coming for our raps in the next 24 hours. What chance is there that they status quo will play out (just pick someone at 8, no trades and let our pre july 1st cap room become post july 1st cap room)? No chance? 50%? What's your feeling? Ba dum ba dum ba da da da dum dum!

Comment

• Per CNNSI (fannation), Charlotte is requiring teams to take Tyrus Thomas if they want the #2 pick. Ouch, that is an ugly price!

Comment

• BTW, do we have any interest in anyone from Milwaukee?
                      http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/27/bu...a-john-henson/

Comment

• I might do Mbah a Moute and #12 for #8. He's a decent backup SF and a real good defender and his contract is decent. But it doesn't really address a need -- they still have a gap at starting 3, and would then have 3 backup-quality 3s... Other than that -- or Jennings, who I don't think they would move and certainly not for John Henson -- there's not much there I'd want.

Better to let them trade with GSW. Then Henson goes #7 and increases the odds that Lillard or Waiters is still there at 8.
                        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• Jclaw
                          BTW, do we have any interest in anyone from Milwaukee?
                          http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/27/bu...a-john-henson/
                          Their point guard?

Comment

• Another BTW...anyone find it odd that Larry Bird is leaving Indiana the day before the draft? They have a late but still first round pick. After building such a feel good story team? Odd. I guess since he can't make the 57th pick this year, his heart was out of it.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              Another BTW...anyone find it odd that Larry Bird is leaving Indiana the day before the draft? They have a late but still first round pick. After building such a feel good story team? Odd. I guess since he can't make the 57th pick this year, his heart was out of it.
                              The story is even more odd, now that their GM has stepped down.

Link: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/80...cers-president

Comment

Working...
                              X