Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Im trying not to expect to much from t.ross at the moment nd i assume Casey is doing the same. Diffrent players develop at diffrent rates if he can come in, guard his own position in the leauge nd contribute with rebounding nd help d then we've ganined value with the 8th pick.

    Comment


    • Alot of scouts looked as Terrence Ross as a combo wing. He could play either the 2 or 3 because of his shooting and athleticism. They were saying whatever the position, he'll be able to play whether the 2 or 3.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

      Comment


      • CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I actually think Charlotte drafting MKG messed the draft up, for those Raps fans hoping to draft Barnes.

        Barnes fans were hoping Charlotte would draft Robinson
        - rumor was that Cleveland had MKG ranked 2nd after Beal, so MKG would have gone #4
        - rumor was that if Robinson wasn't available at 5, Sacramento would have drafted Drummond (either for themselves or to trade to Houston)
        - rumor was that Golden State had Waiters ranked ahead of Barnes, meaning they would have drafted Waiters at 7
        - Barnes would have dropped to Toronto at #8

        The funny part is that we have no idea whether BC had Barnes ranked ahead of Ross or not. I assume yes, since they're similar players, but Barnes would have filled the need for SF, whereas Ross is a SG.
        Thanks alot. I didn't know that GS had Waiters rated higher than Barnes. We were so god damn close! even the coin flip could've gotten us Barnes
        in masai we trust

        water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

        Comment


        • coastal wrote: View Post
          Screw dude. I certainly don't need lessons on being a dad. Simply commiserating with someone else with an unfortunate confluence of circumstances.
          Wow.
          I apologize if I offended anyone. My comment was purely tongue in cheek. I have no interest in teaching somebody how to be a dad -most certainly not a complete stranger over the internet.

          Comment


          • Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            I thought I saw that Ross for 6'6" and 200lbs. Even if he puts on another 20lbs at that size he can only be an NBA SG I think.

            Acy reminds be more of Joel Anthony than Reggie Evans with the big wing span.
            Acy appears to be a lot more comfortable around the basket & CAN finish.
            Joel Anthony will shoot (let me rephrase that: Try to shoot/finish).
            Also Acy appears to be a lot more agile than either Reggie or Joel.
            In the end, the odds of a second rounder making a 9 man rotation & sticking with the team are fairly slim (2, 3 guys a year at most). Neither Toronto nor BC have done particularly good in that aspect of draft (2nd rounders)
            There is always hope.

            Comment


            • For the final kick in the nuts today!



              Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress

              Sorry to say but it was obvious. Lowry+Houston's picks were there...RT @WolstatSun: Appears you were right about Nash and Toronto after all.



              Not known if that deal was available but if it was.... ouch. Somehow I don't think Lowry and multiple picks were on the table for #8.

              Comment


              • The 12th pick wasn't available, which is I guess how far down BC was willing to go. As an aside I did see a mock where Ross was selected 10th.

                Comment


                • Katman wrote: View Post
                  The 12th pick wasn't available, which is I guess how far down BC was willing to go. As an aside I did see a mock where Ross was selected 10th.
                  That's the rumor I had read even on draft night (or the day after), that the Houston offers likely included Lowry and either #16 or #18, but not #12... and that part of the reason was that Houston was high on Ross and wanted him at #12.

                  Comment


                  • So imagine if the uproar of Raptors' fans if they had drafted Kanter last year or Drummond this year and this was written on ESPN after 2 summer league games:


                    To the defenders and out criers of Drummond in particular, I know it is only 2 summer league games.

                    Comment


                    • Drummond is weak minded he doesn't have the mindset to absolutely destroy his opponent which will mess up his nba career and make him a potential bust(hopefully, last thing we want is another strong team in the east)

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X