Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KingMaxwell47
    replied
    And apparently Acy and Bosh played on the same AAU team, where the coach made any good players wear number 4.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    haha awesome

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    what was it?
    At the end of the presser, after the questions were done, the players were about to get their jerseys. One of the reporters said he had one last question..."Quincy, any thoughts on the significance of the number you'll be wearing? He was a popular player" Ross and Acy look at eachother with no clue, finally casey catches on and smiles....Number 4!

Leave a comment:

• Bouncepass
    replied
    One thing you can say about Colangelo is that he didn't make his decisions based on popular opinion, which can be a problem for a GM that is looking for a long-term contract. If he had wanted to please fans who have mostly not seen any of the draft prospects play or work out, he could have probably traded back a fair way and taken someone like Lamb or Harkness or Marshall. He obviously felt strongly that none of those were in the same class as Ross. Time will tell, but I like that he stuck with his convictions rather than taking the easy way. He could also have chosen Quincy Miller over Acy, but he must have felt that Miller just wouldn't put it together. Again, he might be wrong, but he didn't take the easy route just to please fans for a few hours and days.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    what was it?

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/raptors-live

BC, Acy, Ross, and Casey press conference
    Hilarious question about Acy's number!!

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Prime wrote: View Post
    You think that's good? Take a look at GSW:
    Curry/Thompson/Barnes/Lee/Bogut

That's at least a 50 win team on paper.

Well, until Curry and Bogut blow their ankles 10 games into the season.
    Also their coaching sucks ass. Their too offensive minded

Leave a comment:

• theycallmeZZ
    replied
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/raptors-live

BC, Acy, Ross, and Casey press conference
    Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Fri Jun 29, 2012, 01:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Michel G
    replied
    draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    TimD had a high FT% in college.
    He shot 68.9% in his four years at Wake Forest. I wouldn't call that high. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't great.

Leave a comment:

• draftedraptor
    replied
    Michel G wrote: View Post
    There is one thing that Quincy Acy does better that Reggie Evans (the player he's most compared to), and that's free throws. Acy shot 78% this year and he took 4.6 free throws a game. Our big man rotation is pretty deep now.
    TimD had a high FT% in college.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    I'm actually digging Ross over Barnes

Leave a comment:

• Michel G
    replied
    There is one thing that Quincy Acy does better that Reggie Evans (the player he's most compared to), and that's free throws. Acy shot 78% this year and he took 4.6 free throws a game. Our big man rotation is pretty deep now.
    Last edited by Michel G; Fri Jun 29, 2012, 12:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Michel G
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    The draft lesson here is that we suck at tanking. If only we lost to Boston or Atlanta.... damn Casey!
    Yeah! Those two games killed us, but don't blame Casey. If I remember correctly, Boston and Atlanta's level of compete was non-existent those two nights. I kept waiting for them to actually start playing hard a little bit, but they never did. They'd already clinched a playoff berth and their seeding was pretty much set.

I like the pick. It's just a shame that the five perimeter players that we would have chosen ahead of Ross were gone by the time the 8th pick rolled around. I don't think I've seen so many bigs fall in the draft like that before (Drummond, Sullinger, Jones, etc.). If just one had been picked earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    Give me Washington's starting 5 over Golden States any day of the week. I don't see GS as a 50 win team with that roster. Curry and Bogut are huge question marks to stay healthy, and Lee is a rich mans Kris Humphries.

Nene is a qualit posty player and has a few good years of play in his prime and Okafor can still get you close to 10, 10 with a block shot. He's a solid defender. I know that Nene is just in the second year of his contract, but isn't Okafor's contract coming off the books sooner than later? Also Washington has some good players coming off the bench. I think they can make some noise in the East and bulid on what they have going forward.

Leave a comment:

• KingMaxwell47
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    Lee isn't really much of a post player
    This might be true. I haven't seen much of him in GS. He definitely was in New York though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X