Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My point is that I haven't seen a recent mock draft that has Miller in the top 10 and it appears that the Raptors are headed for a higher pick than number 13.

    Comment


    • stretch wrote: View Post
      My point is that I haven't seen a recent mock draft that has Miller in the top 10 and it appears that the Raptors are headed for a higher pick than number 13.
      There will be many guys climbing and falling on the the mock drafts between now and the actual draft. Conference play is now underway, then the tournament, then individual work outs. A lot can happen.

      Perfect example: last year around this time Terrence Jones was in the top 5 and Derrick Williams was sniffing around 10. Jones ended up slipping to 15 in the mocks and Williams went #2.

      Comment


      • Matt52 wrote: View Post
        There will be many guys climbing and falling on the the mock drafts between now and the actual draft. Conference play is now underway, then the tournament, then individual work outs. A lot can happen.

        Perfect example: last year around this time Terrence Jones was in the top 5 and Derrick Williams was sniffing around 10. Jones ended up slipping to 15 in the mocks and Williams went #2.
        As far as T Jones goes, I like him more than Miller. He's only months older than QM, but his game is much farther along. Good inside/outside game and defender capable of playing 3 or 4 much like Derrick Williams who blossomed as a sophomore at Arizona last season.

        Comment


        • stretch wrote: View Post
          As far as T Jones goes, I like him more than Miller. He's only months older than QM, but his game is much farther along. Good inside/outside game and defender capable of playing 3 or 4 much like Derrick Williams who blossomed as a sophomore at Arizona last season.
          I've seen enough of Terrence Jones this year and the last half of last season to be forever turned off. I was a huge fanboy of his but not so much anymore. He is up and down - with no in between. He makes the dumbest plays and decisions at times and his body language and demeanour is poor when he is not playing well.

          I like Miller because he is a straight SF. There is no question what he is at the next level.

          Comment


          • Everyone jump on the Quincy Miller bandwagon!

            Comment


            • Mock drafts change week to week and day to day during march madness and workouts. I have a feeling Miller will be in the top 7 or so come draft time.
              @sweatpantsjer

              Comment


              • ceez wrote: View Post
                Mock drafts change week to week and day to day during march madness and workouts. I have a feeling Miller will be in the top 7 or so come draft time.
                With a favorable schedule and the hope that Bargnani comes back and plays most of the rest of the season then perhaps Miller and the Raptors will be going in different directions with QM going at pick 7 or better and the Raptors going at pick 10 or worse. Say no to tanking!
                Last edited by stretch; Sun Jan 29, 2012, 09:29 PM.

                Comment


                • Do we have second pick in this draft? If we do I think the Raptors should really consider using it on Damian Lillard from Webber State
                  @Chr1st1anL

                  Comment


                  • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Do we have second pick in this draft? If we do I think the Raptors should really consider using it on Damian Lillard from Webber State
                    We have a 2nd rounder this year. I like Lillard as well, but his stock might rise by the time the draft rolls around, and he could be snatched up in the first round.

                    Comment


                    • MKG > Barnes?

                      Source: ESPN Insider


                      You'll have to have Insider to read anything more than the above.

                      Comment


                      • MKG looked pretty solid last night. But if the Raptors draft him, the worry is that the roster is riddled with far too many young players who can't shoot (i.e. DeRozan, JJ, Amir, Davis).

                        Then again if Kawhi Leonard can develop a reliable mid-range jumper in one summer, I'm sure MKG can too.

                        Comment


                        • Yeah I'm not worried about his shooting at all. Even if he doesn't get it for a couple seasons he'll make a nice living attacking the basket.
                          @sweatpantsjer

                          Comment


                          • I'm thinking we're not even going to be close to selecting MKG. Picking 6th or 7th will hinder that.

                            Comment


                            • I think shooting is probably the easiest skill to learn. Wade was not considered an outside threat either. I would still pick MKG over Barnes at this point.

                              If Bargnani is going to be part of our core, then MKG complements him more than Barnes would, IMO.

                              Comment


                              • MangoKid wrote: View Post
                                I'm thinking we're not even going to be close to selecting MKG. Picking 6th or 7th will hinder that.
                                Who knows how the ping-pong balls will land, or what other teams will take. Assuming the following teams were in the lottery with the Raps:

                                Washington - needs a SG and PF (have Vesely at SF)
                                Charlotte - needs a SF, SG, C
                                NO - needs PG, SF, PF
                                Detroit - needs SG and PF (have Daye and Prince at SF)
                                NJ - needs SG, SF and PF
                                GSW - needs a C (have Wright/Thompson at SF)
                                Utah - needs PG, SG (have Hawyard at SF)
                                Sacramento - needs a SF, PF (but they have Salmons at SF)
                                Phoenix - needs PG, SG, SF, PF

                                ... Utah owns GSW's pick which is top 7 protected.. so added them both.

                                From my count the following teams need a SF: Charlotte, NO, NJ, Sacramento and Phoenix.

                                Charlotte has Jordan running the team so all bets are off, but I'd assume Barnes since he's a UNC grad.
                                NO might go for BPA as they have 2 picks (Minny's pick as well), but they might go for MKG to play off Gordon.
                                NJ needs everything, so will probably go BPA (but I think they'll end up with a better record than Toronto).
                                Sacramento has Salmons, so may choose a PF instead.
                                I think Phoenix will end up with a better record than Toronto.

                                This is very hypothetical and I'm just grasping at straws, but it's possible that the only legit teams that might choose MKG before Toronto has a chance is NO, which would suck, but I hope NO goes for a PF since they need one just as bad, and there will be plenty to choose from at their position (I'm guessing 3rd worst over all).

                                Here's my mock draft (so far):

                                Charlotte - Barnes
                                Washington - Davis
                                NO - Drummond
                                Detroit - Robinson
                                Sacramento - Sullinger
                                Toronto - MKG

                                Yes, this is pure fantasy and I'm sure some team will pick MKG before we have a chance, but a guy can dream.
                                Last edited by planetmars; Wed Feb 1, 2012, 12:00 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X