2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madman wrote: View Post
    PJ3 is not a small forward, i dont understand why everyone thinks so, watch him play, he is so much more effective as a pf. also i dont see him being able to guard most 3s in the nba
    I have PJ3 as a SF/PF, and why not a front court of PJ3/Bargnani(or Davis)/Valanciunas, PJ3 definitely has the lateral quickness(he runs like a deer on fast breaks) and length to keep up with SF's and can guard PF's as well. Besides, the NBA is a business and personal emotions should never interfere with smart decision making. However, I said that I would choose Jones after Gilchrist, Miller, and Barnes. I do not see another suitable player available that fits our needs other than these 4.

Comment

• Bradley Be al 21Pts 9Reb 3Ast as they blew out ARK
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Bradley Beal*
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Good news tank supporters.

NJ beat Chicago.

Raptors are now tied with NJ (9 wins) for 4th worst record in the league - just Charlotte (4 wins), New Orleans and Washington (7 wins each) left ahead, or below depending on perspective.

Comment

• Damian Lillard 17Pts 7Reb 7Ast 5-12FG 2-73FG 5-6FT 4TO 2STL
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Harrison Barnes was very impressive today. He is, to steal an old cliche, cool, calm and collected. His demeanour and expression did not change during the game. He hit some very big shots when they needed a score. The final score was 20 plus point win but Clemson was hanging around until about 4 minutes left getting to 7 points and then 6 points. UNC was in control but it was clutch baskets, many by Barnes, that ensured the result was never in doubt.

I like Barnes. I think he is going to be a solid NBA player. I think Miller has more upside but Barnes is a better player (as he should with another year of college ball under his belt and Miller missing his senior year due to a serious knee injury). Out of the three wings considered to be the cream of the crop (Miller, MKG, Barnes), I am not sure which I'd prefer at this point. All have tremendous strengths and weaknesses.

The X-factor in who is drafted is actually DeMar DeRozan, in my opinion. If Barnes is picked we have a great mix of slashing and shooting but neither can create their own shot driving (although Barnes is deadly with the one or two dribble pull up, in this game at least). If MKG is picked then there is no outside shooting but a great mix of offensive slashing and, defensively, DeMar can then pick up the weaker player. If Miller was picked, he is the prototypical NBA SF and, as I said before, I think he has the most upside but he needs to get in the gym to increase strength, speed, and agility.
              that is what im afraid of when it comes to Barnes. He can't create his own shots, Miller is like you said a prototypical NBA SF. He can create is own shots and do a variety of things on the offensive end. The scarey thing is he's still not 100% and is still fully recovering from the ACL injury. Imagine when he's 100% he'd be a lot quicker and he'll be dropping 20 a game easy.

Comment

• I would trade the injury prone barg for the #6 pick and draft thomas jones and perry jones III

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  I would trade the injury prone barg for the #6 pick and draft thomas jones and perry jones III
                  I presume you just started watching the Raptors this year. That would explain your belief that Bargs is injury prone.

Comment

• My preferance of small forwards goes:

Barnes
                    Perry Jones III
                    MKG
                    Miller

Most people on this site have MKG ahead of Perry Jones, but right now PJ3 has so many more skills. Much better size, way better shooter and is the main guy on his team so is use to carrying the load. I'd be happy with any one of those guys on the list though.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      I presume you just started watching the Raptors this year. That would explain your belief that Bargs is injury prone.
                      I agree. I do not think it is a coincidence that his two seasons of 'injuries' have come when the team was playing for the draft. I think he has nagging injuries that he could play through if needed. Alex McKechnie will certainly have a strength training program for him this summer to address the stabilizers around his calf muscle.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        My preferance of small forwards goes:

Barnes
                        Perry Jones III
                        MKG
                        Miller

Most people on this site have MKG ahead of Perry Jones, but right now PJ3 has so many more skills. Much better size, way better shooter and is the main guy on his team so is use to carrying the load. I'd be happy with any one of those guys on the list though.
                        I'm really undecided on wings but if I had to take a stab at it there would be a three way tie:

Barnes/MKG/Miller
                        Terrence Ross
                        Jeremy Lamb

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
                          Draft Sullinger and package him for Batum.
                          Huh??? I like Batum, but I think you could get him for the No. 1 pick straight up, and probably get other pieces along with it. I think that Batum would have to be packaged with other assets to get a top 6 pick this year.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            I'm really undecided on wings but if I had to take a stab at it there would be a three way tie:

Barnes/MKG/Miller
                            Terrence Ross
                            Jeremy Lamb
                            Did you leave out PJ3 from you list because you aren't a fan of his game or because you don't see him as a wing? I forgot to put Terrence Jones on my list. He's got a pretty complete package and looks NBA ready.

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
                              Draft Sullinger and package him for Batum.
                              Now that's a suggestion!!! Or we can just sign him to a fat contract and keep Sullinger.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                Did you leave out PJ3 from you list because you aren't a fan of his game or because you don't see him as a wing? I forgot to put Terrence Jones on my list. He's got a pretty complete package and looks NBA ready.
                                I left out PJ3 for both reasons you gave.

I was a HUGE fan of T. Jones last year as he got off to an incredible start as a freshman. However, I've since soured on him. He is too inconsistent and makes too many really, really stupid plays, in my opinion.

Out of the sophomores in this draft class on the wing (Barnes, Lamb, PJ3, Ross, T. Jones) I go with Barnes 100 out of 100 times.

MKG and Miller make things very interesting when you include freshman though.

Comment

Working...
                                X