January 7th, 4pm est

Comment

• Harrison Barnes had a great game vs. Boston College today:

25 points on 10/15 shooting, 3/4 3pt, 2/3 ft
        5 rebs
        4 stls
        0 to

Comment

• UConn lost it's second straight to an unranked conference opponent tonight. Jeremy Lamb was quiet with 8 points and 1 rebound.

Comment

• I read today that Drummond is leaning towards staying in UConn for one more year:
            http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/01/07/d...homore-season/

That's too bad. A team ahead of the Raps could have snatched him, freeing up a big time SF like Barnes, or K-G.

It's still early, but if he waits, then I can see him going #1 in 2013.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              I read today that Drummond is leaning towards staying in UConn for one more year:
              http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/01/07/d...homore-season/

That's too bad. A team ahead of the Raps could have snatched him, freeing up a big time SF like Barnes, or K-G.

It's still early, but if he waits, then I can see him going #1 in 2013.

I'd be sceptical for a few reasons:

1) everyone from people on campus to family to friends to acquaintances to tag-alongs to strangers to media what are you going to do next year? This certainly shuts them up.

2) we are talking about a guy who was looking at a loophole in the system that would allow him to spend another year in high school to avoid the NCAA (granted he might have got there and fell in love with university life).

3) unlike PJ3, Sullinger, and Barnes, they are not facing the uncertainty of a lockout.

4) guys have said numerous times, "I'm staying." only to change their mind - Tristan Thompson?

5) we'll see what the allure of a guaranteed $8M over the next 2 years does to his decision making process when the NCAA season is over. He is not even on scholarship at UConn. If he takes a nasty spill, he'll have a sh!t load of debt to repay... not to mention the $8M he forfeited.

6) Finally, from the link, he left himself a nice out:

As of right now, I know I’ll be back,” he told SNY.tv exclusively following No. 8 UConn’s 67-60 loss to Rutgers Saturday. “That’s all I could tell you, I’ll be back.”

I totally agree with you though that it would be unfortunate if he did not declare - unless the Raptors picked 1st overall.

Comment

• Derrick Williams even including after Arizona was ousted in March, said he'd be returning. It doesn't matter what they say until June.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Shabazz Muhammad one of the best SG's in the draft since 2003?

i know he's not in the 2012 draft but how bout Shabazz Muhammed.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    i know he's not in the 2012 draft but how bout Shabazz Muhammed.
                    He's ready for the big show now.

I think the Raptors should tank until 2018 to get Damon Harge.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                      He's ready for the big show now.

I think the Raptors should tank until 2018 to get Damon Harge.

Sure he looks good, but he's only playing against 11 year olds

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Not true. He's playing varsity ball at Christian Faith Center right now against NCAA Division 1 prospects.

Truth is, Harge wouldn't really care if he did know. Not because he's above that, it's because he's, well, 12. He just happens to be widely regarded as the No. 1 sixth grader in the country.

"It's pretty cool, I guess," Harge said of the distinction. "I don't really pay attention to those things. I just play ball. I don't worry about being the best. I just want to play."

Still, with Harge's level of clout, simply playing ball is unrealistic in today's "find the next big thing" climate.

Not when you're the understudy of a recent No. 1 NBA draft pick, not when you're already being courted by some of the country's most elite college programs and definitely not when you're one of the only sixth graders in history to suit up for a varsity squad. (Harge is allowed to play varsity for Christian Faith Center as a sixth grader because it is a private school.)
                        Source: ESPN

Comment

• That kid Damon Harge sucks... He can't even dunk.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                            That kid Damon Harge sucks... He can't even dunk.
                            He dunks on this video:

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                              Derrick Williams even including after Arizona was ousted in March, said he'd be returning. It doesn't matter what they say until June.
                              Yes, that was another high profile turncoat.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Fantastic posts
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X