No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raps could get the first 3 picks in the draft for themselves and it wouldn't change anything. They have a culture of losing and being awful. Nothing ever changes. You can't rebuild if your foundation is shit.

Comment

• why are you even here kelly? i hate fans like you, its pathetic. If you think this team is so bad why don't you just leave no one needs your BS negativity around here.

Comment

• and btw you never know who will become a franchise player. A.Davis, Drummond, MKG, Q.Miller, Perry jones etc... lets wait till the draft and see.

Comment

• Kidd-Gilchrist?

Comment

• We won't know who the best prospects are until things get serious in the NCAA's. That's usually around February. For all we know, a player like Pangos may show some game (not serious, just throwing a name out there). Also, it's a deep draft, so we could move our pick, move down, and pick up a vet...you never know. There's more value to a high pick than simply being a high pick, it gives the GM choices. Now, if you asked me if I like BCo having "choices" I might get a bit hesitant.

Comment

• quincy miller is looking like a young kevin durant. we should draft him if we get the chance.

Comment

• b2kelly wrote: View Post
                The Raps could get the first 3 picks in the draft for themselves and it wouldn't change anything. They have a culture of losing and being awful. Nothing ever changes. You can't rebuild if your foundation is shit.
                ]

i think having the top-3 picks could help build a foundation. maybe. it'd be a longshot, for sure. as would having one top-5 (or 6 or 7 or 8) pick can. or maybe you get lucky with a later pick. as has been mentioned here & elsewhere, there's no guarantee with any drafted player. things would get pretty boring if everything went like it was supposed to.
                TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• thatpeterguy wrote: View Post
                  Most Raptor fans seem to be resigned to the idea that we must suffer through this year to draft our star player of the future. You know, the one that will do all the things Bargnani and Derozan can't. If you are building a championship team, I believe Bargnani could be a legit second option and Derozan probably no better than the third option. So this leaves us waiting for that alpha male scoring wing with that killer instinct we have been missing since Wince left us.

Well, over the past couple months I have been scouring the mock drafts and I really can't see anyone in the top 10 that would fit that description. If PG is one of our most pressing needs then you can forget about drafting a top tier point guard. The top rated point guards are projected to go around the 15th spot and none of them are anything you would describe as a sure thing. SF is an an even more pressing position as evidenced by the corpse of Rasual Butler starting for us and even at that position there are no promises. Harrison Barnes seems to be the favourite of most Raptor fans and I love his game but does anyone see that killer instinct in him? The scouts certainly don't as he is described more as a Sean Elliot type than a Dwayne Wade. So are we sure he is going to all that much better than Derozan? I have no doubt he would be a nice piece to add to this puzzle but is he going to be anything more than a second or third option on a championship team? MKG, Terrence Jones and Perry Jones are other small forwards that all fall into this same category.

I am all for adding another young asset but the idea of tanking to grab a player that we have been missing is a faulty one at best. Some of these players but turn out to be all-stars and most of them will be at least solid contributors to their respective teams but I do not see any of them being in the top tier franchise player level. I say it is more important to try to build a winning culture here and draft wherever fate leaves us as the top 15 are all solid and there isn't much of a gap after Drummond and Davis come off the board. Now, you could talk me into drafting Drummond or Davis and then trading away one of our bigs for a wing but I doubt we will be bad enough and/or lucky enough to be in one of the top two spots.
                  never have so many words been used to convey so little.
                  TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                    We won't know who the best prospects are until things get serious in the NCAA's. That's usually around February. For all we know, a player like Pangos may show some game (not serious, just throwing a name out there).
                    We don't know even then. The combine and pre-draft workouts radically alter the draft as well. A guy like Westbrook was a bench player in college, and not expected to go even in the first round if he'd declared, until the workouts started. No mock draft has a PG predicted to go above 15th right now, but 3 or 4 of them will actually go in the lottery.

Comment

• I just finished watching the 2nd half of the Kentucky-Tennessee game. Great game.

Kidd-Gilchrist and Davis are clutch.

It will be interesting to see, and it will most likely be determined in the combine, if Kidd-Gilchrist can play the 2 at the next level in addition to the 3 and if Davis can play the 3 in addition to the 4.

Comment

• I heard comparisons of Kidd-Gilchrist with Lebron, is this a legitimate comparison?
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          I heard comparisons of Kidd-Gilchrist with Lebron, is this a legitimate comparison?
                          I don't think so.

100% totally different body types.

LeBron is also 1 in a million. MKG is good but not in that class, in my opinion.

Comment

• Baylor is playing Oklahoma state on TSN2 at 3pm eastern.

Good chance to see a Canadian, Miller, and Jones.

LeBryan Nash is on Oklahoma.

Comment

• missed it. Was KD 2.0 any good?

Comment

• Finally got to see Quincy play. I likey. A lot.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X