2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I couldn't agree anymore. He is way too passive with all the talent he has. It's not new either. His never dominated in the way his talent suggest he should. Even in high school he was underwelming.
    Honestly, I don't know too much about his high school career other than YouTube clips and the fact he missed his senior year with the ACL.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Honestly, I don't know too much about his high school career other than YouTube clips and the fact he missed his senior year with the ACL.
      Thats Quincy Miller not PJ3
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Quincy miller would be great on the raptors.

Comment

Thats Quincy Miller not PJ3
          Sorry, misunderstood.

PJ3 is either going to be a homerun in the NBA or a 3 pitch strike out - there is no in between. I'm most likely wrong, he could be a groundout afterall, but he would make me very nervous as a GM.

Comment

• Luck for us unless we get top 3 pick, thiers no way BC would reach for a big. With how well Andrea is playing and how promising Jonas is in that front court with him.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Luck for us unless we get top 3 pick, thiers no way BC would reach for a big. With how well Andrea is playing and how promising Jonas is in that front court with him.
              He is not displaying the skills at Kentucky at this time given his role, but I am very curious if Anthony Davis could play the 3 at the next level. I am leaning towards no (not only to avoid ridicule) but I think it could be a possibility. Don't forget he was a 6'3" guard until his sophomore year of high school.

Imagine a front line of Anthony Davis, (new) Andrea, and JV. Scary. Match up nightmare.

Comment

He is not displaying the skills at Kentucky at this time given his role, but I am very curious if Anthony Davis could play the 3 at the next level. I am leaning towards no (not only to avoid ridicule) but I think it could be a possibility. Don't forget he was a 6'3" guard until his sophomore year of high school.

Imagine a front line of Anthony Davis, (new) Andrea, and JV. Scary. Match up nightmare.
                Assuming he could keep mobile enough to guard 3's. It would provide a lot of options for lineups throughout the game as well to provide rest/minutes to the group as well.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                  Assuming he could keep mobile enough to guard 3's. It would provide a lot of options for lineups throughout the game as well to provide rest/minutes to the group as well.

Exactly. And honestly I don't think he is but the thought is wood-worthy.

Comment

What I find interesting is Jones III had 8 points on only 7 shots (4 made) and 4 rebounds. No foul trouble, as he only had 1.

Miller had 17 shots. I hope this is a shift for the team (although probably not). I think Miller is the real deal and Jones III will get a GM fired in the NBA.
                    Miller definitely is more of a 3 than Jones. Jones is falling into the dreaded tweener category. Not enough 3 skills but not a true 4.

Miller is young but definitely a prospect to keep an eye on.

Comment

• Not sure if anyone caught the UConn-Tenn game but Lamb did some things to dispell the notion he is simply a shooter.

Quite often Calhoun had him run Iso's above the 3 pt line and because you always have to respect his shot he was able to get where he wanted with ease.

As Greg Anthony said: "The kid's silky smooth!"lol

He's got game and my intuition keeps telling me this kid is going to be a star.

Comment

The only issue with that is as a 3 he would be out on the perimeter more than you want on the defensive end. With his shot blocking/changing skills, you would want him closer to the rim to deter penetration and protect the bucket.

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
                          The only issue with that is as a 3 he would be out on the perimeter more than you want on the defensive end. With his shot blocking/changing skills, you would want him closer to the rim to deter penetration and protect the bucket.
                          Valid points. But with zone guru Dwane Casey, could you imagine the possibilities with JV and AD?

Comment

• Q.Miller is the KD for the Raps. DeMar is James Harden. Bayless is Westbrook. Bargs is nowitzski 2.0. JV is...JV

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
                              Not a problem. Bargs could play the three. Two good defenders behind him to clean up his mess when his man slips by. He's too tall to shoot over out on the perimeter :-)

And he would be well placed to lead the break on missed shots or long rebounds. :-) :-)

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Q.Miller is the KD for the Raps. DeMar is James Harden. Bayless is Westbrook. Bargs is nowitzski 2.0. JV is...JV
                                Um...
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X