Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    I would be shocked if BC took PJ3
    I wouldn't be surprised. With Ed looking like to be just a good role player and MKG off the board. He would sell to the media that his a very versatile player that can also play some 3 in some situation.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
      A good opener for me to ask a question.

Given the Raptors current situation, do you believe Colangelo will draft a player based upon his mean expectations or based upon the likelihood he will meet or exceed a certain threshold?
      I think he's going to "pick the best player available" and he will determine his draft board based on current ability, character, work ethic, mental makeup and overall perceived room for growth. Colangelo has drafted guys who had made immediate large impacts like Amare Stoudemire and Shaun Marion and he's also drafted guys who have taken longer to expand their games, like Steve Nash and Andrea Bargnani. In all that he always seems to target players with something that's out of this world. With Stoudemire and Marion is was high athleticism and he worked from there. With Steven Nash is was IQ, he traded him and then brought him back after the Mavs developed him more. With Bargnani it was finesse and the ability to be lights out from anywhere on the floor once he gets going dispute being a monster in stature. This years there is a mixed bag of all of that, well maybe not so much Il Mago, but lots of athleticism and lots of high IQ players. I think we're going to get a keeper, that's for sure.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I wouldn't be surprised. With Ed looking like to be just a good role player and MKG off the board. He would sell to the media that his a very versatile player that can also play some 3 in some situation.
        I think he would take Quincy Miller before Perry Jones.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          hell yea

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            hell yea
            How did I know I'd be hearing from you on this matter? lol

Comment

How did I know I'd be hearing from you on this matter? lol
              lol you know. I'm a huge Quincy Miller fan

Comment

If the draft was today and MKG is off the board and were picking lke 7 I don't think he would reach for Quincy Miller when their a player with crazy upside like jones. Miller has already had knew problems and bryco does not touch player with former knew injuries(Brandon Roy)

Every scouting report I've read about PJ3 is if he gets the right coach(Dwane Casey) to push him he will be a star. I really don't see BryCo passing on that upside for Quincy Miller. Right now a lot can change but PJ3 is he best player on that Baylor team.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  If the draft was today and MKG is off the board and were picking lke 7 I don't think he would reach for Quincy Miller when their a player with crazy upside like jones. Miller has already had knew problems and bryco does not touch player with former knew injuries(Brandon Roy)

Every scouting report I've read about PJ3 is if he gets the right coach(Dwane Casey) to push him he will be a star. I really don't see BryCo passing on that upside for Quincy Miller. Right now a lot can change but PJ3 is he best player on that Baylor team.

I've been following Baylor very closely this year. The first 5 games of the season, Miller took charge as a freshman. PJ3 comes back and he sinks in to the background. HE has shown the ability to be productive without scoring with his rebounding and passing. Baylor also plays a 1-3-1 zone that shifts to a 2-3 in which he has also been very effective with his length and basketball IQ. I honestly haven't seen enough of his man defense to form an opinion. Looking at Jones' freshman year where he was the man and Miller's freshman year where he has been a sidekick who has stepped up at times, Miller looks like a much safer bet and, in my opinion, has more upside as a basketball player.

I agree Miller would be a stretch to take at 7 at this point in time, however, I can't see BC taking Jones' under any circumstance other than a second pick. Too much is riding on this pick to risk selecting Anthony Tolliver 2.0.

*EDIT* I mean Anthony Randolph 2.0 but what the hey.... Tolliver works too, he is just not nearly as athletic.
                  Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Feb 14, 2012, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Too many "ifs" with PJ3
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Ya its Miller, MKG or Barnes. We need someone to hit some game winners instead of us being on the receiving end of ones.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

Perry Jones only played a handful of games last year before being Suspended. I believe he felt he owed something to the School/Program, or something along those lines.
                        perry jones played the entire season last year except one game. his suspension was this year, excepting the last game of last year.

his suspension was also total horse shit and i think your line of thought re: feeling like he let the program down or something is off because he didn't do anything wrong and the ncaa rules are retarded.

not that i like him or anything. he reminds me of tim thomas or earl clark or any other player that never did or never will live up to their potential. i'll take a lesser talented, more motivated, surer thing any day.

Comment

• Stuck record but we need/I want a solid shooter so my list right now continues to be HBarnes/QMiller/JLamb/BBeal. I will admit however I don't know Beal's game very well though.

Comment

wow really?

Comment

• I was feelin Miller, but not so much anymore. The KD comparisons are a bit (a bit is an exaggeration) too much.

If we're in that #6-7 position, I'm looking hard at a guy like Bradley Beal. I like that kid's game. I'm intrigued by PJ3's game because he's so versatile - kid can play from 3 to the 5, and he's got an arsenal of skills, but he doesn't seem to know how to put it together. It seems like in big games, he tends to disappear and he loses focus really easily. He needs a coach that will light that fire under him all day, and that could be Casey. And we all know how much Colangelo like versatile players. I wouldn't be opposed to selecting Jones.

For those worried about his vices, there was a write-up on a hotshot prospect now all-star/borderline allstar back in the day that sounds an awful lot Jones' vices:

his sophomore year was supposed to be his to take over college basketball. When that didn't happen, people began to question his desire and intensity and whether he has it in him to become great ... He floats in and out of games, and tended to defer to teammates in clutch situations ... Is it a lack of fire, or just a lack of maturity and confidence? Time will tell ...He still struggles to create offense for himself off the dribble, getting the majority of his baskets off of rebounds, or passes from teammates ...

Comment

• Maybe we should just trade for Rudy Gay, instead of drafting Jones and hoping he turns into Gay

Comment

Working...
                                X