No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't go near Terrence Jones. The Raps already have 2 tweeners on the team. I've watched enough Kentucky over the last 2 years to confidently say, "Pass!" and I was very high on him in December and early January of last year.

But that is just my opinion. Here is my big board assuming we don't have the number 1 pick and I reserve the right to modify extensively:

1. Beal/MKG
    3. Barnes/Lamb
    5. Miller
    6. Ross

Comment

• Beal has definitely moved up on my wish list too (nice work by ceez for pointing this guy out a while ago). The thought of converting him to PG intrigues me quite a bit. Does anyone think this is a legit possibility? Can he be a Russell Westbrook type player in the NBA?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Beal has definitely moved up on my wish list too (nice work by ceez for pointing this guy out a while ago). The thought of converting him to PG intrigues me quite a bit. Does anyone think this is a legit possibility? Can he be a Russell Westbrook type player in the NBA?
        I don't think so but that is based on nothing but my opinion which can get you a McDeal Meal along with $4.29.

Comment

• No Wroten or Ross in the tournament? I was really hoping to see these guys play as I had thought wroten might be a player we would acquire a second first round pick for. Disappointing.

Comment

• I'm not convinced that a Russel Westbrook type is really what we want in a PG. He still seems to me like a scorer first (Bayless) and I would rather see a pass-first PG. That leaves me concerned about players like Lillard and Teague (he's sliding big time anyways). Kabongo I'm not sure about but I am really high on Kendall Marshall. He has visions and smarts to make the play that leads to the easy basket. I know he has basically no shot but what is easier to teach? Shooting (mechanics) or passing/vision (play style)? I'll take the smart player every time and teach him to shoot. Same goes for MKG - he can learn to shoot.

Comment

• No, you keep Beal at SG and let him do what he does best.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• SandmanFan wrote: View Post
                I'm not convinced that a Russel Westbrook type is really what we want in a PG. He still seems to me like a scorer first (Bayless) and I would rather see a pass-first PG. That leaves me concerned about players like Lillard and Teague (he's sliding big time anyways). Kabongo I'm not sure about but I am really high on Kendall Marshall. He has visions and smarts to make the play that leads to the easy basket. I know he has basically no shot but what is easier to teach? Shooting (mechanics) or passing/vision (play style)? I'll take the smart player every time and teach him to shoot. Same goes for MKG - he can learn to shoot.
                I like Kabongo - being Canadian is secondary to his game.

I'd take Marshall over Lillard.

What concerns me about Lillard is there are a slew of small college PG's who come out every year who shooting high-40% or 50% from field, mid-40% from 3, and 85% from free throw along with 4-5 assists. Last year Reggie Jackson and Charlie Jenkins pop immediately to mind - I'm sure there were more.... oh yeah, the Jimmer.

I think Lillard's hype this year comes from the fact there are few PG's in the draft and there are a number of quality wings and PF's. The abundance of PF's combined with the lack of PG's is artificially increasing Lillard's value especially among teams in need of a PG like Utah - keep in mind this is all 'in my opinion' - which again doesn't count for much.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  No, you keep Beal at SG and let him do what he does best.
                  Then the question becomes, "what can Colangelo expect to receive in any DeRozan trades"?

Comment

• I really do not envy Colangelo. He NEEDS to knock it out of the park and there appear to be so many great options.

Right now my top wings are (in no particular order) Beal, MKG, PJ3, Barnes.

A couple weeks ago I would have said no to PJ3, but after reading that espn article about him growing up/his home life and his play during the conference tourny, I think he could do great things, especially with coach Casey at the helm.

Comment

• My opinion best wing is Gilchrist. All he needs is a shot and he is basically unstoppable. If he doesn't fall into our hands than I'm following up with either Barnes, Beal or PJ3. I like Terrence Jones, he could be a guy that can make an easier transition to the 3. For sure he is an NBA 3 IMO.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I'd take miller the killer over both of the jones

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          I'd take miller the killer over both of the jones
                          I like Miller, but we don't need any more injury prone problems i.e Calderon, Bargnani.

Comment

• I think he'll heal fine and I don't think it'll be a problem.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              I think he'll heal fine and I don't think it'll be a problem.
                              I don't really prefer him to be a draft prospect of ours, but if he gets drafted, I won't be unhappy.

Comment

• I would love drafting him. I don't mind waiting for a guy who has loads of potential and possibly a superstar

Comment

Working...
                                X