2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I would love drafting him. I don't mind waiting for a guy who has loads of potential and possibly a superstar
    I want Gilchrist, better player and as much potential as Quincy Miller. Same with Beal and PJ3
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• AJ360 wrote: View Post
      A couple weeks ago I would have said no to PJ3, but after reading that espn article about him growing up/his home life and his play during the conference tourny, I think he could do great things, especially with coach Casey at the helm.
      I couldn't agree more. Doesn't matter if his a four(even though I think he could play the 3)you can't pass on this type of talent
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        I want Gilchrist, better player and as much potential as Quincy Miller. Same with Beal and PJ3
        I don't think MKG has same kind of potential as PJ3. His going so high cause more NBA ready and has the best chance of reaching his potential. It's not as high as players like PJ3.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I've been saying for a while that PJ3 and Miller are quite similar players except PJ3 doesn't have the injury concerns and is a better athlete. Even Ford is saying they are practically twins, yet the overwhelming favorite here seems to be Miller between those two anyways. Is there a reason people view Miller as the better player?

Comment

• cause he is more of a 3 and isn't a tweener like PJ3. Also he is very explosive and has a drive, PJ3 is way to passive.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              I've been saying for a while that PJ3 and Miller are quite similar players except PJ3 doesn't have the injury concerns and is a better athlete. Even Ford is saying they are practically twins, yet the overwhelming favorite here seems to be Miller between those two anyways. Is there a reason people view Miller as the better player?
              I'm going to say its almost entirely based on Ceiling.
              Last year PJ3 was almost a can't miss prospect before he was suspended. But now that scouts have had an extra year to break down his game and find all the Red Flags, its no longer a sure fire pick. (I actually disagree with this. I think PJ3 will be a Star.)
              I'm betting they think that if they (NBA Coaches) can get their hands on Miller a year sooner than they would PJ3, they can turn him into something special.
              And his Range is a little longer than Jones as well.

If PJ3 and Miller were both on the board, I think I'd be more inclined to pick Jones.

Comment

I've been saying for a while that PJ3 and Miller are quite similar players except PJ3 doesn't have the injury concerns and is a better athlete. Even Ford is saying they are practically twins, yet the overwhelming favorite here seems to be Miller between those two anyways. Is there a reason people view Miller as the better player?
                I'm not one those people. I always thought PJ3 in the way better talent. It's just drive that people question.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I would be happy with either guy on the roster and agree that Miller has better range but PJ3 has a better inside game. I think Jones is going to be a star as well.

Comment

• This will be one awesome tourney this year..

My big board hasn't changed much the past week or so:

Davis
                    MKG
                    Beal
                    Robinson
                    Barnes
                    Drummond
                    Marshall
                    Lamb

I'm not that high on Lamb.. I'd rather take Marshall over Lamb. PJ3 I think has an IQ issue, and that worries me. He's the guy that wouldn't want to play for Toronto because of our customs.. He is way to inconsistent for my liking. Jones is too much of a tweener.

Beal has an explosiveness about him that I think is just waiting to come out.. perhaps a second coming of Wade? I'd love to take him - but MKG has this intangible that the Raps have not had for a long time - and that's a natural leader. You need a guy on your team that will do whatever it takes to win - and that's MKG. If he's on the board when we're up - you snatch him up.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                      My opinion best wing is Gilchrist. All he needs is a shot and he is basically unstoppable. If he doesn't fall into our hands than I'm following up with either Barnes, Beal or PJ3. I like Terrence Jones, he could be a guy that can make an easier transition to the 3. For sure he is an NBA 3 IMO.
                      it use to be clear cut mkg then barnes for me but i watched more unc games and am starting to think barnes might not have the elite athleticism it takes to dominate from the 3. it is not completely ridiculous to me now that he might end up a spot of shooter in the nba.

i am starting to lean towards beal if we are picking 5-8 and mkg isnt there. or trading for two picks, pure speculation, with utah for both of their first rounders if they would and grab miller and lillard or marshall.

Comment

• I would probably move Beal up in my board:
                        Beal
                        Barnes
                        Lillard
                        Marshall
                        Lamb

If we can get Batum (which of course couldn't happen until after the draft) I would be very happy with Marshall or Lillard by trading down and gaining another piece or future pick.

Comment

• Have to say I find it interesting when folks say we have to draft the best player available and turn around and justify how a player could drop to us since the other teams don't need a player at that position. Guess they don't or won't draft BPA.
                          Just an observation after sitting through an hour with a screaming 5-month old.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                            Have to say I find it interesting when folks say we have to draft the best player available and turn around and justify how a player could drop to us since the other teams don't need a player at that position. Guess they don't or won't draft BPA.
                            Just an observation after sitting through an hour with a screaming 5-month old.
                            everyone has their own opinion on who is bpa. also i think this year only davis is the clear bpa.

Comment

I would be happy with either guy on the roster and agree that Miller has better range but PJ3 has a better inside game. I think Jones is going to be a star as well.
                              id take range over inside game we already have JV

Comment

• For me, the Raps big board is down to 3: MKG, Barnes and Beal. The NCAA tourney will determine how I rank them #1 thru #3 (or 1-2, if MKG truly does decide to stay in school another season).

PJIII, Miller, Lamb all seem like extreme hit-or-miss type picks. Each of them could be stars, or busts (as top-5 picks). MKG, Barnes and Beal seem much more of sure thing top-7 rotation type players (at least).

I don't think the Raps have much need for either of Drummond or Robinson, purely from a positional standpoint. I'd much rather target MKG, Barnes or Beal over both of them.

If the Raps win the lottery, I'm so torn. Davis is for sure the top pick, but with Valanciunas and Bargnani looking like stars (plus having Amir & Davis under contract), I can't help but think the Raps should swing a deal to land MKG/Barnes/Beal AND another solid asset (either a young rotation player, additional draft pick or future draft pick) if they're in the #1 position.

Can't wait for March Madness to start!

Comment

Working...
                                X