Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    If we're going for a wing player....

MKG, Beal, Barnes, Lamb, PJ3/Miller. All in order.
    really hoping we arent in a position to have to take barnes. if so im for trading down a couple spots if possible.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      really hoping we arent in a position to have to take barnes. if so im for trading down a couple spots if possible.
      Barnes I believe is going to be better than what most people have him cut out to be. I think he can be a shooter, a very good one at that, but he can handle the ball, and he is a solid slashing game, it's kind of hard to really get multiple driving opportunities in a College game compared to the NBA game, because of all the different defensive schemes. NBA consists of teams running man-to-man, full court man pressure, and zone. The college game has many more defensive schemes. The Collegr game is more of a team game compared to the NBA. But it's not like that's new to anyone.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Barnes I believe is going to be better than what most people have him cut out to be. I think he can be a shooter, a very good one at that, but he can handle the ball, and he is a solid slashing game, it's kind of hard to really get multiple driving opportunities in a College game compared to the NBA game, because of all the different defensive schemes. NBA consists of teams running man-to-man, full court man pressure, and zone. The college game has many more defensive schemes. The Collegr game is more of a team game compared to the NBA. But it's not like that's new to anyone.
        yeah, i use to be much higher on barnes but i find his athleticism not top tier. in the nba on the wing you need that for how many isolation plays are run. his shooting of course isn't going away and i still think he is going to be a pro for a long time barring injury but i am not so sure anymore he is going to be able to be the dynamic scorer in the nba that he is in college.

this draft we need a homerun. we need a guy that is going to at the very least make us a play off team added to our core. if you take our current roster and add a spot up shooter is it a playoff team?

Comment

• Right now Chad Ford has us picking Beal #5 in his lottery machine
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

yeah, i use to be much higher on barnes but i find his athleticism not top tier. in the nba on the wing you need that for how many isolation plays are run. his shooting of course isn't going away and i still think he is going to be a pro for a long time barring injury but i am not so sure anymore he is going to be able to be the dynamic scorer in the nba that he is in college.

this draft we need a homerun. we need a guy that is going to at the very least make us a play off team added to our core. if you take our current roster and add a spot up shooter is it a playoff team?
            Well with Valanciunas and free agency people believe that we already are. People even believe this season if Bargnani was healthy all season we would be a borderline playoff team!

IMO, I don't know man :P. But with the way you put it, It wouldn't sound like it. But Barnes is more of a spot up shooter, but I also agree at the same time we need a homerun. That's why I have MKG, and Beal. Lamb could be a player too. Good shooter, good handle, good slasher, has NBA ready game, long, athletic, but needs to get stronger.

Comment

• If MKG and Beal are takin', than I say we trade down for Utah's two picks. Grab Lillard and Miller/Lamb/Jones.

Comment

• ESPN's top 20.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...%3fyear%3d2012

I want Beal/MKG.

Comment

i cant read that. did beal just jump mkg for you?

Comment

i cant read that. did beal just jump mkg for you?
                    No no, lol. I guess I just had Beal/MKG. And you thought I would want Beal over MKG.

I want MKG/Beal if that's the way you're looking at it.

Comment

No no, lol. I guess I just had Beal/MKG. And you thought I would want Beal over MKG.

I want MKG/Beal if that's the way you're looking at it.
                      lol. i thought maybe chad fords penmanship was able to change minds

Comment

lol. i thought maybe chad fords penmanship was able to change minds
                        Haha, maybe? Maybe not?

No, my number one guy if we're going for a wing is Gilchrist followed by Beal.

Comment

• What is it about MKG that people are so crazy about?

Educate an ignorant man, please.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            What is it about MKG that people are so crazy about?

Educate an ignorant man, please.
                            Blue Collar Intangibles.

Toronto fans crave it.

Beal is really starting to impress me more and more. Right now I think he is my guy - outside of Davis.

Comment

• I think we need more polish on this team. I think you draft blue collar and athleticism in the 10-30 range, top 10, let along top 5 in a good draft you need to draft polish and athleticism combined. I think Barnes or Beal are the two that would come in and produce.

Craft is looking good! Smart, and chippy!

Comment

• IMO the Raps desperately need someone who can create his own shot. Our best now is friggin Bayless! Now he did pretty good last night but is not in the class of a Rudy Gay eg. We lose games in the last minute because we miss this most (now that our defense is improving). The best available with this talent would be my choice (Davis excepted of course).

Comment

Working...
                                X