2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    What is it about MKG that people are so crazy about?

Educate an ignorant man, please.
    You and I are on the same page. Not sure why everyone is so high on MKG and down on Barnes. Right now Barnes has a way more advanced game and is much more NBA ready. If people are banking on MKG improving offensively, why can't Barnes improve defensively?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      IMO the Raps desperately need someone who can create his own shot. Our best now is friggin Bayless! Now he did pretty good last night but is not in the class of a Rudy Gay eg. We lose games in the last minute because we miss this most (now that our defense is improving). The best available with this talent would be my choice (Davis excepted of course).
      Best players at creating shots I've seen his Lamb. IMO. But, he is a big "if".

I want MKG/Beal.

MKG = Blue collar intangibles, very good defender, athletic player, strong, slash with the best of them, and if he adds a perimeter game, he can be a complete player.
      Beal = Basically same things, but has a perimeter game, and if you continue to polish him and his skills on both ends, same thing for MKG, they can be complete players.

Apparently though, they are both good at everything, but masters at nothing. So if you want polished players, I think Barnes and Lamb are the way to go. Which is completely opposite of what I want.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        You and I are on the same page. Not sure why everyone is so high on MKG and down on Barnes. Right now Barnes has a way more advanced game and is much more NBA ready. If people are banking on MKG improving offensively, why can't Barnes improve defensively?
        Barnes could develop into a big-time player, but could turn into J.J Redick, straight up jump-shooter.

And apparently, Barnes is known to be a solid on-ball defender.

"Gives good effort on the defensive end getting low and using a proper defensive stance" From : http://nbadraft.net/players/harrison-barnes

It's not like he doesn't want to improve, but MKG already is a very good defender, and is a very good slasher, he just doesn't have that perimeter game yet, which in the NBA, won't be too hard for him because of his great work ethic.

I can see MKG/Barnes being taken before us anyways so Beal/Lamb are my guys IMO.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Perimeter players are what we are really lacking. We already have a great slasher and athletic guy in DeMar. I would like us to draft someone that already has that ability. I really have to watch MKG a lot more over the next week, but I've watched a lot of Beal and Barnes and they have nice all around game.

Barnes has question marks surrounding his ability to create his own shot, but I have seen him doing it a lot more as of late. Also teams are doubling him and taking away lanes, and he isn't forcing it.

I would like us to draft any of the top wings that we are discussing, I really don't want us to get another PF.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            I really don't want us to get another PF.
            Haha, I'll have to agree with this.

Unless its that UGLY looking dude from Kentucky.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              Barnes could develop into a big-time player, but could turn into J.J Redick, straight up jump-shooter.

And apparently, Barnes is known to be a solid on-ball defender.

"Gives good effort on the defensive end getting low and using a proper defensive stance" From : http://nbadraft.net/players/harrison-barnes

It's not like he doesn't want to improve, but MKG already is a very good defender, and is a very good slasher, he just doesn't have that perimeter game yet, which in the NBA, won't be too hard for him because of his great work ethic.

I can see MKG/Barnes being taken before us anyways so Beal/Lamb are my guys IMO.
              I'm gonna have to take peoples word for it as a lot of the pro scouts have MKG going as high as second over all in this draft, but I've yet to see why. I don't know too many cases where a guy has gone from a non-shooter to being decent to good, with maybe D. Rose being one of the few exceptions that come to mind. DeRozn is a good example of a guy that works hard but still isn't what I would call a good shooter,

What differences do you see between MKG and James Johnson? They seem very similar to me.

I think Barnes or Beal would be better picks for the Raptors with a slight edge for Beal because he's more aggressive.

I see a quiet professionalism in Barnes' game which reminds me of Brandon Roy, which is part of the reason I'm so high on him. I think he is the type of player whom can take over a game himself, but choses to play as a team.

Comment

I'm gonna have to take peoples word for it as a lot of the pro scouts have MKG going as high as second over all in this draft, but I've yet to see why. I don't know too many cases where a guy has gone from a non-shooter to being decent to good, with maybe D. Rose being one of the few exceptions that come to mind. DeRozn is a good example of a guy that works hard but still isn't what I would call a good shooter,
                My thought exactly. No point in gambling, when what we REALLY need is a perimeter presence.

What differences do you see between MKG and James Johnson? They seem very similar to me.
                MKG is actually about the same size as Demar .. maybe a bit bulkier .. a BIT.
                But I prefer my SFs to have a bit more size than what MKG brings.

I think Barnes or Beal would be better picks for the Raptors with a slight edge for Beal because he's more aggressive.
                I'll take either or. I think what people need to remember though, is that Barnes has only just recently consistently started playing the Wing (3 years now). You can see his confidence slowly growing every single game. Give him some NBA coaching, and he'll be lethal.

I see a quiet professionalism in Barnes' game which reminds me of Brandon Roy, which is part of the reason I'm so high on him.
                LOVE this comparison. Completely agree.

I think he is the type of player whom can take over a game himself, but choses to play as a team.
                Once again. Completely agree.

Nice post.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Haha, I'll have to agree with this.

Unless its that UGLY looking dude from Kentucky.

So true!

Comment

I see a quiet professionalism in Barnes' game which reminds me of Brandon Roy, which is part of the reason I'm so high on him. I think he is the type of player whom can take over a game himself, but choses to play as a team.

Ya I see that in him too. I like his on court demeanor. Honestly if we get this kid I don't think we will be disappointed.

Comment

• Royce white! Kid has some game

Comment

• Brady Heslip is shooting the lights out for Baylor tonight!

Comment

• He is guard anthony Davis and bringing up the ball

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            He is guard anthony Davis and bringing up the ball
                            Versatile, energetic.. hopefully he works on his free throw shooting though

Comment

• Neither Davis or jones can guard him I am impressed with his showing

Comment

• Taking Barnes over MKG would be a huge, huge mistake.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X