No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Royce White fella is pretty intriguing.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      Taking Barnes over MKG would be a huge, huge mistake.
      Its statements like this I was looking for more elorbation on, when I was asking above about MKG.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Its statements like this I was looking for more elorbation on, when I was asking above about MKG.
        Sorry, didn't see the post there. The deal with MKG is his intangibles and leadership. I could go on and on about his defense or his motor but that's been said enough as is. With college, what you want to watch for is how they handle pressure and what they do outside of scoring and rebounding. Any idiot can score in college. Watch what else they do on offense when they don't have the ball. Watch if they raise their game or settle in during key moments. MKG does that. Barnes doesn't.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Barnes absolute ceiling is Luol Deng with below average defense. MKG's ceiling is a small forward version of Russell Westbrook with higher basketball IQ and a better attitude.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Brady Heslip is shooting the lights out for Baylor tonight!
            Nine 3-pointers on the night.
            Ridiculous.

Comment

• Won't show up in the box score but Quincy's doing some nice things tonight.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Sorry, didn't see the post there. The deal with MKG is his intangibles and leadership. I could go on and on about his defense or his motor but that's been said enough as is. With college, what you want to watch for is how they handle pressure and what they do outside of scoring and rebounding. Any idiot can score in college. Watch what else they do on offense when they don't have the ball. Watch if they raise their game or settle in during key moments. MKG does that. Barnes doesn't.
                Lol I know how to form an opinion of a player.
                What I'm saying is, that from the times I've watched Kentucky, I have not been overly impressed with him.
                And tonights game was a perfect example. I just don't see why he's seen as such a sure thing.

Comment

• If Pierre Jackson were a few inches taller, I'd be all over this guy.

Comment

• I give up
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Respectfully have to disagree with that statement, as MKG doesn't have the pressure of having to make a a play during key moments as he is not a focal point in the offense. Barnes on the other hand is the main go to guy on his team.

Comment

• and yet often he won't even be the second best guy on the team
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• MKG should stay in school because from what I can see its davis and jones that's it. Next year it would be his team and he could show what he has.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            MKG should stay in school because from what I can see its davis and jones that's it. Next year it would be his team and he could show what he has.
                            That was the thinking last year with Terrence Jones returning. Anthony Davis took that opportunity away. Callipari is a ridiculous recruiter. I wouldn't be 100% certain things play out that way for MKG should he stay.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              What differences do you see between MKG and James Johnson? They seem very similar to me.
                              similar but mkg is superior. faster, less foul prone, (although i didn't check jj's college foul rate), more athletic, leadership qualities(like rose, who puts everything on himself).

to me mkg is 90% a complete player and only needs that outside shot to make it 100. he will be a stat stuffer on offense and defense like josh howard was with dallas or the matrix was with pheonix. i think matrix is a really good example of what kind of pro mkg will be.

Comment

• interesting comparisons of MKG. I'll try to look for those qualities in the next game.

Comment

Working...
                                X