2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    similar but mkg is superior. faster, less foul prone, (although i didn't check jj's college foul rate), more athletic, leadership qualities(like rose, who puts everything on himself).

to me mkg is 90% a complete player and only needs that outside shot to make it 100. he will be a stat stuffer on offense and defense like josh howard was with dallas or the matrix was with pheonix. i think matrix is a really good example of what kind of pro mkg will be.
    For a guy who's ceiling is supposed to be Gerald Wallace, I don't see how Kidd-Gilchrist is superior to Johnson. Kidd-Gilchrist is faster, sure. But better athletically? I disagree with that. Johnson is arguably the most athletic guy on the team. Johnson's frame is bigger than Kidd-Gilchrist's, and Johnson handles the ball much better.

The one thing that MKG would have over Johnson is that he's got better intangibles, probably better basketball IQ and is supposedly a better leader.

I don't think MKG's game is like Marion's. I don't see it.

Comment

• The Raptors should trade down in the draft and draft Royce White and hire a chauffeur to drive him to road games.

Comment

• in a sense MKG reminds me of Josh smith but obviously smaller and less shot-blocking
        Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
          in a sense MKG reminds me of Josh smith but obviously smaller and less shot-blocking
          More and more I am liking Beal as our draft choice. If we can gain a PG of the potential future and retain Jose with Beal to spread the floor I am more comfortable with JJ as a starter. Ideally he is off the bench with a starter more like a RGay or potentially Batum but if he plays an Artest of old kind of role it balances the unit.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
            For a guy who's ceiling is supposed to be Gerald Wallace, I don't see how Kidd-Gilchrist is superior to Johnson. Kidd-Gilchrist is faster, sure. But better athletically? I disagree with that. Johnson is arguably the most athletic guy on the team. Johnson's frame is bigger than Kidd-Gilchrist's, and Johnson handles the ball much better.

The one thing that MKG would have over Johnson is that he's got better intangibles, probably better basketball IQ and is supposedly a better leader.

I don't think MKG's game is like Marion's. I don't see it.
            ceiling is nothing to point at. my wife wanted a 10 foot ceiling and i wanted a 9 foot ceiling we got a 10 foot ceiling now. darko' ceiling wasn't supposed to be garbage and jordans' ceiling wasn't supposed to greatest of all time.

i think that he is a shot away from being able to play matrix like. wallace is a pretty good player but i don't think mkg is as bruising as him down low.

Comment

• Sweet sweet Beal
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Kendall Marshall fractured his wrist during the Creighton game ... Ugh ... end of my run in the office pool? I've got UNC winning it.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Kendall Marshall fractured his wrist during the Creighton game ... Ugh ... end of my run in the office pool? I've got UNC winning it.
                  stars aligning for bayless?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    ceiling is nothing to point at. my wife wanted a 10 foot ceiling and i wanted a 9 foot ceiling we got a 10 foot ceiling now. darko' ceiling wasn't supposed to be garbage and jordans' ceiling wasn't supposed to greatest of all time.

i think that he is a shot away from being able to play matrix like. wallace is a pretty good player but i don't think mkg is as bruising as him down low.
                    I see where you want to go with the comparisons, but the difference between the two is that Marion was (and somewhat is to an extent) an extremely athletic player. Explosive. Marion was a pogo-stick. Kidd-Gilchrist, while he does have very good athleticism, doesn't possess elite athleticism like Matrix. Marion's game (in every facet) coming out of college was vastly superior to that of Kidd-Gilchrist. I don't believe he could reach that level.

On the other hand, I will admit that MKG's game is very much like Gerald Wallace - a crash out, all out hustle type of player that will give you everything on the defensive end and a very good defensive player, but inconsistent on the offensive end.

Comment

• Beal impressive again with his work on the boards. Beal and then Barnes are my my top two picks for wing players in the draft SO FAR. Man if DeMar fails to impress down the stretch this season and Beal is still available when we pick in the draft things could get interesting.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        Beal impressive again with his work on the boards. Beal and then Barnes are my my top two picks for wing players in the draft SO FAR. Man if DeMar fails to impress down the stretch this season and Beal is still available when we pick in the draft things could get interesting.
                        if that happens and dd goes to the gym to put on the weight that casey wants he could potentially be moved to the 3 or the two of them battle it out for lead 2.

Comment

• I think it would come down to a battle for the lead 2, 'cause even if DD puts on size it still wouldn't change that he's a bad defender. James Johnson is a much better defender.

Comment

• I think DeMar will improve as a defender, give him a full off-season and training camp under Casey. With his athleticism there is no reason why he can't improve. If he puts on muscle he should be able to handle most of the 3's in the league.

Hopefully it's Barnes or MKG so we don't have to go down that road.

Comment

• http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

nbadraft.net currently has Barnes for the Raptors at #4.

If so, that makes a starting lineup of;

Center - JV
                              PF - Bargs
                              SF - Barnes (
                              SG - Derozan
                              PG - Jose

Backups
                              C - Aaron Gray/Amir
                              PF - Ed/Amir
                              SF - Kleiza/JJ
                              SG - JJ/Forbes
                              PG - Jose/Bayless

With Casey as coach, s'enuff to get me excited.

Comment

• draftnet is probably the worst mock draft there is
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X