2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    Check out what NBADRAFT.NET has us drafting. I would love this if it actually played out like this. I know NBADRAFT.NET IS one of the worst predictors but it's funny to look at

First Round

Drummond, with Lamb and Beal still on the board. I would prefer to take either of those guys over Drummond.

Second Round

Quincy Miller, and Kabongo

Sweetest draft ever

would be super happy if second round worked that way. dont really want drummond. i find untapped potential in the big guys has a higher chance of not panning out. brown, olowakandi, darko, curry, thabeet to name a few recent ones.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      you wish. We're drafting a SF
      Anyone can see that Beal has more "skill" than DeRozan does (it's not even debatable).

Comment

• Bradley Beal vs. Marquette

Min. 33/ FGM-A 8-10/ 3PM-A 3-5/ FTM-A 2-2/ REB 6/ AST 4/ STL 2/ BLK 2/ PTS 21

Efficient to say the least. And for those who don't think he could carry a team he just did it in the biggest game of his career.

Comment

• I mean at this point we all agree Beal is the dude right?
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            I mean at this point we all agree Beal is the dude right?
            If MKG is off the board
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              If MKG is off the board
              Yeah, my top 3 looks like:

Davis
              MKG
              Beal

Comment

I mean at this point we all agree Beal is the dude right?
                Assuming not picking #1, Beal is becoming my favourite.

Comment

• I'm on board with Beal as our pick. We can use our cap space on a free agent to pick up a small forward if thats what management wants to do, but Beal is going to bump everyone in the draft except A. Davis if he keeps this up. Kid has crazy basketball IQ for a freshman.

Comment

• Well obviously Davis is #1 c'mon dude
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      I'm on board with Beal as our pick. We can use our cap space on a free agent to pick up a small forward if thats what management wants to do, but Beal is going to bump everyone in the draft except A. Davis if he keeps this up. Kid has crazy basketball IQ for a freshman.
                      I'm somewhat intrigued by JJ. I'd like to see what he can do next season after a full summer working with coaches (something that obviously didn't happen last year). He's improved a lot over last season, and that upward trend might continue into 2012-13.

I wouldn't be upset of JJ was our starting SF next year. I don't think the "hole" at SF is as big as it's made out to be.

Comment

Well obviously Davis is #1 c'mon dude
                        haha, guess I phrased it that way so I didn't have to mention that Beal is ahead of MKG on my list, as MKG has a few fans on this site to say the least.

Back to Beal though....he did all that yesterday even without the ball in his hands most of the time. Can you imagine what he can do with a pass first PG like Calderon?!

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          I'm somewhat intrigued by JJ. I'd like to see what he can do next season after a full summer working with coaches (something that obviously didn't happen last year). He's improved a lot over last season, and that upward trend might continue into 2012-13.

I wouldn't be upset of JJ was our starting SF next year. I don't think the "hole" at SF is as big as it's made out to be.
                          Before this season I would have disagreed, but you're right and JJ has earned his place. I think he is better at his position that DD is at his, which is why if there is a choice between improving of the the two positions through the draft I'd say improve DD's position first then JJ's. Still would like to see a better SF on the roster, but like you said I wouldn't be upset if he started next year either.

Comment

• I like Beal a lot, but I would be surprised if he is taken in the top 3-4 in the draft. Once the combine / measurements and workouts have been completed, GMs tend to be highly influenced by length and athleticism. Beal won't stand out in those areas.

Comment

• MKG still has a slight edge over Beal. MKG has this intangible that no Raptor has and it would be nice to have that on the team as it can become contagious.

If we can get either Davis/MKG or Beal - I'd be over the moon. I wonder if the winner of the lottery (assuming it's not the Raptors) would trade Bargs straight up for Davis. That way we could potentially have Davis and one of MKG/Beal. Now that would be awesome.

Comment

• I don't think any GM in their right mind would trade Davis for Bargnani. Davis is a franchise player and will be in the running for defensive player of the year through out his career. Bargnani is a player which everyone likes to say is a match up nightmare, but you have to remember that it's also a nightmare for a coach to plan a defense around a player like him. Would be nice though and Jordan has been known to make poor draft decisions

Comment

Working...
                                X