No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we do fall out of the top 5, I wonder if Charlotte, Washington or New Orleans (i.e. whoever gets the 2nd or 3rd pick) would be willing to trade our 5-8th pick, plus Ed Davis (or Amir), for MKG.

Comment

• What ever happend to Barnes doing things like this!
      Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
        What ever happend to Barnes doing things like this!
        Its different when ppl are playing are actually playing D.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
          That's kind of my point, if we don't get lucky with a lotto pick (and i hope we do!) there's a good chance that 1 or 2 other teams will luck in, which means that whatever place we land, there's a really good chance we'll be bumped BACK 1 or 2 (and possibly even 3) spots.

Although anything can happen, It seems like most people are focusing on what we would do with a top 5 pick, but I think we should look at who we would take if we select after the top 5, in the 6-10 range.

EDIT: this is also because i can't do any of my own research (my gmail account and Raptorsrepublic are literally, the ONLY two websites i have the patience to load) and i haven't seen a lot of discussion past the top 5 picks. So i don't really even have a good idea of who'd be around at No 8, for instance.
          If were out of that top5 its simple Harrison Barnes. More I look at this draft it seem like either HB or MKG will fall to us. No matter if we pick in the 1-5 range or 6-10. I really don't see the standings changing in the next couple weeks. So if we have the 5th worse record, we can only fall 2 spot down so 6, 7. This is going to be a very good draft for us. If we leave the draft with either MKG or HB that's a good for us.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

A man in skill and ability among boys.

The cream of the crop gets thinner as the competition gets stronger at the top.

Comment

• What do you guys think of a Andre Drummond and JV front line?
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• My two cents after watching the NCAA tourney so far...

1) I still prefer MKG & Beal as the top draft picks for the Raptors, but I think we would wind up being pleasantly suprised in the long-term if Barnes ended up falling to the Raptors with the #5-7 pick. Barnes' stock has definitely dropped, but I think he will excel in the NBA on a team with a good PG, when he is only expected to be the #3 or #4 option offensively. I also think he has the ability to become a great individual and system defender.

2) I have also soured a little on Davis. I think he'll get abused for at least a few seasons by the bulkier bigs in the league on the defensive end, at least until he fills out. I also think his offensive game is quite raw, as he's so new to the inside game, given his sudden growth spurt and shift from PG to PF (or C if he keeps growing a few inches?). I worry that his highschool days as a PG influence his game, to the point that he falls in love with his outside game too much (which is what always drove me mad about Bosh). If I was BC and the Raps won the lottery, I would be looking to sell the #1 pick to the highest bidder - ideally a starter and a pick to get MKG or Beal.

Comment

• I haven't seen enough from Drummond to warrant a top 5 pick...

Side note: remember back in the day when college players drafted in the 1st round were actually NBA-ready? Ahhhh, the gold ol' days...

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    What do you guys think of a Andre Drummond and JV front line?
                    Drummond scares the hell out of me.

There are a lot of warning flags (size/knees, production, motor, work ethic) that would make me pass in the top 5. Closer to 10 and I would be willing to take the risk.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      What do you guys think of a Andre Drummond and JV front line?
                      I think Drummond would be intriguing, and wouldn't be shocked if the Raptors nabbed him if some of the other top choices are off the board at their pick. He'd be hard to completely ignore if AD, MKG and maybe BB are off the board. His offence is raw, but he is already quite good on the defensive end. He is very young (like MKG), and has great size and athleticism. He's a project, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't get picked in the top 3-4. Even Robinson will be hard to ignore outside of the top 5.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Drummond scares the hell out of me.

There are a lot of warning flags (size/knees, production, motor, work ethic) that would make me pass in the top 5. Closer to 10 and I would be willing to take the risk.
                        I can't see any way that he falls to 10, unless he is a zombie in workouts. He is said to be an intelligent and nice kid, and if he shows that he wants to get better then some GM will likely find him irresistible in the top 5.

Comment

• http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/com...=quincy-miller

Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
                          He's had games like that this year but not in March.

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Matt52 wrote: View Post

Enes Kanter

Comment

• bobbybutler wrote: View Post
                            http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/com...=quincy-miller

He's had games like that this year but not in March.

Enes Kanter
                            Kanter is playing behind Jefferson, Millsap, and Favors though. His minutes have been limited. When he gets 20 minutes in a game, he has shown some good production. Here is his game log.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...47/enes-kanter

Note the March 18 game versus LA.

Comment

He's had games like that this year but not in March. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it...

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Matt52 wrote: View Post

Same was said about Kanter.

Comment

• Draftniks are fickle. Mock drafts are just Power Rankings. Players rise and fall because of 1 or 2 games. Always a new flavour of the month. Casual fans become "experts" in March. Hype machine gets started. The silly season has begun.

Comment

Working...
                                X