X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    He is no KD 2.0.
    Neither is Beal.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      Neither is Beal.
      Who said he was?

It was in reference to NoProps infatuation with Quincy Miller - that I must admit I share assuming his knee fully recovers which it has not to date.

Comment

Who said he was?

It was in reference to NoProps infatuation with Quincy Miller - that I must admit I share assuming his knee fully recovers which it has not to date.
        Oh, weren't you one of the posters who liked Beal very, very much? LOL, my bad Matt.

I gotta agree with NoProps though. Quincy's got a high, very high ceiling.

Comment

He is no KD 2.0.
          when did i say that? i'm thinking more of a combo of T Mac and Dennis rodman

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            Oh, weren't you one of the posters who liked Beal very, very much? LOL, my bad Matt.

I gotta agree with NoProps though. Quincy's got a high, very high ceiling.
            I also like MKG and Davis in addition to Beal.

If the Raptors dropped to 7-10 and all others were gone, Barnes would be intriguing.

Terrence Ross is interesting as well.

There are many more players that are intriguing too.

Comment

Who said he was?

I wish, not sure if he will declare this year though. And i seriously doubt that we will be in position to draft him. He's ranked outside the lottery and who knows if he'll recover properly so I've given up on drafting him

Comment

• On Harrison Barnes

"Here's the other problem, particularly for whatever NBA team drafts Barnes. It's possible that the reason why he didn't improve is that there just isn't much ceiling left. Barnes has no first step, he doesn't have a particularly great feel for the game, especially in the half court, and he doesn't play much defense. I guess he's technically a good rebounder for his size, but he's rarely showed sustained effort on the boards. He'll probably settle somewhere between Arron Afflalo and Jared Dudley, but definitely not much more than that. Carolina's other all-purpose super-recruit, Marvin Williams, had some of the same problems. He would show flashes in pretty much every part of his game, but could never find the one thing he could do to consistently affect the play on the court. Barnes is a much, much better shooter than Marvin was, but he's not the same level of athlete. It's just difficult to see where Barnes would really fit in an NBA roster — he'll shoot well from beyond the arc, but do you really want to spend a top-five pick on a jump shooter who couldn't get to the rim in college?"

Ouch.

An interesting read....

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...lina-tar-heels

Comment

• I know that everybody is on that bashing Harrison bandwagon but, let's not forget that he would be automatic upgrade to are wings(Yes, Demar too). Wouldn't you guys love having a Luol Deng or Danny Granger out on the wing? Let's not forget that he was #1 overall talent at one point. You don't get overhyped for no reason. If their something there I have faith that Casey can bring it out.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Thing is Austin Rivers is to declare to the draft early and is believed to be a lottery selection. Matt Devlin said during the Raptors/Magic game.

Comment

I also like MKG and Davis in addition to Beal.

If the Raptors dropped to 7-10 and all others were gone, Barnes would be intriguing.

Terrence Ross is interesting as well.

There are many more players that are intriguing too.
                      Terrence Ross seems like a really nice player.

I kind of like Lamb, could be a big time offensive player, great length, and his athleticism should help him defensively as well.
                      I seem to have a place in my heart for Austin Rivers, he has great potential.

Comment

• Barnes = Barf
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          I know that everybody is on that bashing Harrison bandwagon but, let's not forget that he would be automatic upgrade to are wings(Yes, Demar too). Wouldn't you guys love having a Luol Deng or Danny Granger out on the wing? Let's not forget that he was #1 overall talent at one point. You don't get overhyped for no reason. If their something there I have faith that Casey can bring it out.
                          The way im looking at this years draft is like this.

Valanciunas would be the 2nd overall pick this year. so we already got the 2012 #2 pick.
                          We take Barnes this year... who all GM's said would have been te 1st overall pick last year had he declared for the NBA.
                          So, we then would end up with the 2011... 1st overall ( Barnes) and the 2012 2nd overall (Valanciunas.)

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                            The way im looking at this years draft is like this.

Valanciunas would be the 2nd overall pick this year. so we already got the 2012 #2 pick.
                            We take Barnes this year... who all GM's said would have been te 1st overall pick last year had he declared for the NBA.
                            So, we then would end up with the 2011... 1st overall ( Barnes) and the 2012 2nd overall (Valanciunas.)
                            not a bad way to look at it but i remember barnes being in the main group of players. there were 4 or 5, i think, jones was another one but they pulled out for whatever reason. last year didnt have a clear cut number one.

im happy with the best player from 2011 class(hopefully) and one of the top 3 players of 2012. with luck it is mkg who i like a lot. i would be happy with beal as well. lamb if we pick in the middle of the ones and if we trade out of the lottery i would hope we get both of utahs picks for marshall and miller or jones if he is still available.

if by magic jj could visualize, bobby boucher style, that everyteam was the bulls i wouldnt even want a sf this year. it would be davos or beal or bust for me.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              "Here's the other problem, particularly for whatever NBA team drafts Barnes. It's possible that the reason why he didn't improve is that there just isn't much ceiling left. Barnes has no first step, he doesn't have a particularly great feel for the game, especially in the half court, and he doesn't play much defense. I guess he's technically a good rebounder for his size, but he's rarely showed sustained effort on the boards. He'll probably settle somewhere between Arron Afflalo and Jared Dudley, but definitely not much more than that. Carolina's other all-purpose super-recruit, Marvin Williams, had some of the same problems. He would show flashes in pretty much every part of his game, but could never find the one thing he could do to consistently affect the play on the court. Barnes is a much, much better shooter than Marvin was, but he's not the same level of athlete. It's just difficult to see where Barnes would really fit in an NBA roster — he'll shoot well from beyond the arc, but do you really want to spend a top-five pick on a jump shooter who couldn't get to the rim in college?"

Ouch.

An interesting read....

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...lina-tar-heels
                              Like I said, Barnes = Kapono, lol.

Comment

• There a small part of me that would seriously consider taking MKG over Anthony Davis. They're both projects with ridiculously high ceilings. But MKG is much more NBA-ready, and has that endless motor not no amount of raw talent can replace.

I can see them both being superstar, elite players in 4-6 years, but with MKG having a much bigger impact on his respective team.

Even if Davis turns into the next Garnett, he won't be the guy leading his team to championships without his Paul Pierce beside him. But MKG can be our fearless leader.
                                Last edited by Nilanka; Tue Mar 27, 2012, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X