No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With his showing tonight Robinson could be a top3 selection. The guy was a beast and an incredible motor.

Comment

• Crazy talent on thefloortonight. Said it earlier today, Taylor and Robinson got heart. Would love to see the Raptors pick up Taylor.

Onto the lottery!

Comment

• Kentucky had a great team. Robinson just didn't have the supporting cast to take the focus off of him. He still looked pretty damn good despite Davis's dominate play. Kentucky may be one of the best College teams i have watched. Who ever gets Davis is damn lucky. Jones and MKG will be very good pros as well!

Let's go lottery balls, fall our way! Davis and JV would be a scary matchup, and one that I think would allow Bargs to possibly play the 3. Even if he gets beaten on D there are two lanky shot blockers waiting.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          Kentucky had a great team. Robinson just didn't have the supporting cast to take the focus off of him. He still looked pretty damn good despite Davis's dominate play. Kentucky may be one of the best College teams i have watched. Who ever gets Davis is damn lucky. Jones and MKG will be very good pros as well!

Let's go lottery balls, fall our way! Davis and JV would be a scary matchup, and one that I think would allow Bargs to possibly play the 3. Even if he gets beaten on D there are two lanky shot blockers waiting.
          Andrea should never play the 3. I love T-Rob he played so hard. He had a terrible game but, ended with 18point and 17Rebs. He just plays hard on every posession. Its just nice to know when your PF shot is falling his still going to provide something to help the team win. At the end of the game the team with the most rebounds usually wins the game.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chad Ford posted on his Twitter that most NBA GMs view Davis as a PF rather then a C, but that some view him as a SF.

Wonder where Colangelo views Davis in the NBA? This question would help determine what happens to Bargnani if we won the lottery.
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
              Chad Ford posted on his Twitter that most NBA GMs view Davis as a PF rather then a C, but that some view him as a SF.

Wonder where Colangelo views Davis in the NBA? This question would help determine what happens to Bargnani if we won the lottery.
              Nothing - at least at first.

JV, Bargs, and Davis would all be under contract for another 4 years. There would be no rush.

They could even find out if all three can play together - maybe they could?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Nothing - at least at first.

JV, Bargs, and Davis would all be under contract for another 4 years. There would be no rush.

They could even find out if all three can play together - maybe they could?
                +1

Comment

• I never realized how big Terrence Jones is. When he and T-Rob were matched up against each other Jones looked so much bigger. If he could find a way to be consistently motivated T. Jones could be scary at SF. He really seemed focused through the tourney and Kentucky took advandate of the size mis-match all through out. Really impressed by yesterdays performance.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    I never realized how big Terrence Jones is. When he and T-Rob were matched up against each other Jones looked so much bigger. If he could find a way to be consistently motivated T. Jones could be scary at SF. He really seemed focused through the tourney and Kentucky took advandate of the size mis-match all through out. Really impressed by yesterdays performance.
                    I guess it's always been a case of Jone's head, rather than his physical abilities.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      I never realized how big Terrence Jones is. When he and T-Rob were matched up against each other Jones looked so much bigger. If he could find a way to be consistently motivated T. Jones could be scary at SF. He really seemed focused through the tourney and Kentucky took advandate of the size mis-match all through out. Really impressed by yesterdays performance.
                      Agreed. The only thing holding Jones back is his head. The problem has been he can look like a top 3 pick on one play and the very next struggle to get picked late in the 2nd round (maybe a bit of an exaggeration but hopefully you know what I mean).

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Andrea should never play the 3.
                        if you draft Davis you could play Andrea or Davis playing the "3". It Might have to be a tailored offense and defense but bothvhave an outside and inside game. I would say Barga already plays more like a 3 than a traditional 4. Playing man to man Davis guards the quicker player, or a play an advanced 2-3.

I think you just try to find a way to get your best players on the floor. The last option is having Davis or Bargs playing a sixth man role

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          if you draft Davis you could play Andrea or Davis playing the "3". It Might have to be a tailored offense and defense but bothvhave an outside and inside game. I would say Barga already plays more like a 3 than a traditional 4. Playing man to man Davis guards the quicker player, or a play an advanced 2-3.

I think you just try to find a way to get your best players on the floor. The last option is having Davis or Bargs playing a sixth man role
                          On the defensive end, I would prefer to have Davis closer to the rim. His incredible weak-side shot blocking ability won't be as effective while camped out on the perimeter.

Comment

• Can't wait to see what the mock drafts are going to look like now that the tourney is complete. Looks like Chad Ford has Raptors picking Bradley Beal with the 4th pick right now...in most scenarios anyways.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              On the defensive end, I would prefer to have Davis closer to the rim. His incredible weak-side shot blocking ability won't be as effective while camped out on the perimeter.
                              agreed. i think in that scenario you let the wing drive on bargs and attack both bigV and davis. bargs could even play the drive because of his height advantage letting off the player and able to make up ground. **not saying it would work at all here. just saying they could try it**

Comment

• I actually really like the idea of T-Jones in TO. Casey would be able to keep him motivated. I'd take him over Barnes any day.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X