No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you guys noticed that almost all the top wings in this draft are criticized of not being able to create their own shot

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Have you guys noticed that almost all the top wings in this draft are criticized of not being able to create their own shot
      With the exception of Rivers it's true...
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Have you guys noticed that almost all the top wings in this draft are criticized of not being able to create their own shot
        I now see that u said "almost all" .....because Beal can from what I have seen and read.

Comment

• Rivers can also create his own shot.

Comment

I think some of the criticism, at least with Perry Jones, is that he is quite capable of creating his own shot; he is just not aggressive enough on a consistent enough basis. Which, obviously and eventually, leads to scouts questioning his ability to do it.

But yes, I have noticed this as well. I think a few of these guys will surprise alot of people though.

stretch wrote: View Post
            Rivers can also create his own shot.
            The problem with Rivers is that he can create his OWN shot, but is quite lousy at creating for others.
            Which is why I don't like to call him a Point Guard.
            But seeing as he's played as a PG for quite some time now, I wouldn't really say that Rivers is a wing player, as Props comment was alluding too.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              I think some of the criticism, at least with Perry Jones, is that he is quite capable of creating his own shot; he is just not aggressive enough on a consistent enough basis. Which, obviously and eventually, leads to scouts questioning his ability to do it.

But yes, I have noticed this as well. I think a few of these guys will surprise alot of people though.

The problem with Rivers is that he can create his OWN shot, but is quite lousy at creating for others.
              Which is why I don't like to call him a Point Guard.
              But seeing as he's played as a PG for quite some time now, I wouldn't really say that Rivers is a wing player, as Props comment was alluding too.
              Chad Ford says Rivers is a shooting guard. Good enough for me.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...daustin-rivers

Comment

• I think Barnes actually can create his own shot. Sure in the tournament he sort of struggled, but i think its mainly due to the pressure the defense put on him because of him being the biggest scoring threat. He isn't that bad and he can certainly improve. Many wing players from past drafts were criticized of the same thing but a lot of them proved that they can create their own shot. Like Ceez mentioned about Rudy Gay and i'd say its a fair comparison for Barnes, i wouldn't mind drafting barnes at all.

Comment

• Could be that when a player makes it to an NBA teams when there are usually 5 other players capable of scoring, things open up for them, as opposed to when they are playing in the NCAA, where they might be the focus of the defence.

Comment

I think Barnes actually can create his own shot. Sure in the tournament he sort of struggled, but i think its mainly due to the pressure the defense put on him because of him being the biggest scoring threat. He isn't that bad and he can certainly improve. Many wing players from past drafts were criticized of the same thing but a lot of them proved that they can create their own shot. Like Ceez mentioned about Rudy Gay and i'd say its a fair comparison for Barnes, i wouldn't mind drafting barnes at all.
                    +1
                    Barnes over undersized shooting guards for me.

However we should be more realistic and think about draftpicks in 8-10 range.

Comment

• I could live with Barnes in the 7-9 range assuming Beal and MKG are gone.

I'd also look at trades involving the pick if the Raptors are in the 7 or lower range.

Comment

• Perry Jones is my guy if we fall in the 7-9 range. His potential at SF is drool-worthy. If Casey can get a slug like Bargnani to play at a high level (albeit for just 13 games), then I'm not worried about any of the alleged "motor issues" attributed to Jones.

The same reasoning can be applied to Barnes, Drummond, and Terrence Jones.

Comment

• Rivers is the next Fredette. Inefficient volume shooter whose stats are over-valued at the college level. There will be a handful of 2nd rounders who have better careers than this guy.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Perry Jones is my guy if we fall in the 7-9 range. His potential at SF is drool-worthy. If Casey can get a slug like Bargnani to play at a high level (albeit for just 13 games), then I'm not worried about any of the alleged "motor issues" attributed to Jones.

The same reasoning can be applied to Barnes, Drummond, and Terrence Jones.

If BC thought PJ3 could play SF, I could live with that too.

BTW, I think Bargnani played at a high level for closer to 20 games. 13 to start year, 2 when he first came back, and 5 of his last 6 prior to his final game. Probably splitting hairs on my part but I think he showed more than just the first 13. It was too bad he played so bad when he initially returned the 2nd time.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              If BC thought PJ3 could play SF, I could live with that too.

BTW, I think Bargnani played at a high level for closer to 20 games. 13 to start year, 2 when he first came back, and 5 of his last 6 prior to his final game. Probably splitting hairs on my part but I think he showed more than just the first 13. It was too bad he played so bad when he initially returned the 2nd time.
                              Even more reason to be encouraged by Casey's mind-controlling powers

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Even more reason to be encouraged by Casey's mind-controlling powers
                                I've been thinking about that...not mind controlling powers but what it is that Casey does to get so much out our boyz which Sam and Jay weren't able to do. Is it that he is able to simplify everyones roles so they know exactly what they have to do? Is it that he has a clear concise plan for the team? It's like he managed to convince everyone on the team that they are all role players and they need to stick to their role. Nobody is bigger than the team. Pretty impressive mind control I'd say.

Comment

Working...
                                X