No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So teams 9 through 14 have a chance of 46 out of 1000, then 46 out of 750, and lastly 46 out of 551 to get into the top 3?

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      So teams 9 through 14 have a chance of 46 out of 1000, then 46 out of 750, and lastly 46 out of 551 to get into the top 3?
      I don't believe it works that way for spots 2 and 3.

Looking at the NBA Draft Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Draft_Lottery) here are the percentages for getting a 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick for seeds 9-14:

9 - 1.7%, 2.0%, 2.4%
      10 - 1.1%, 1.3%, 1.6%
      11 - 0.8%, 0.9%, 1.2%
      12 - 0.7%, 0.8%, 1.0%
      13 - 0.6%, 0.7%, 0.9%
      14 - 0.5%, 0.6%, 0.7%

So teams 9-14 (inclusive) have a 5.4% to get the first pick, a 6.3% to get the second pick, and a 7.9% chance to get a third pick (just adding up the percentages).

And I made an error.. forgot team 11 in my last post.. who should have 8 balls (which makes 54 in total for 9-14).

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I know Tank Nation has been a contentious issue the last few weeks (with nobody believing/hoping Casey and/or players were actively tanking), but those odds make this season a little harder to deal with. I will throw up a little in my mouth if the Raps wind up picking in the #7-10 spot and don't come away with at least Barnes. What a wasted season it will have been... we as fans don't get rewarded with a potential franchise-changing draft pick and we sit through a horrendous season in which BC did absolutely nothing to improve the team (which I understand in the grand scheme of improving through the draft, ie: tanking). It's just so frustrating over the past few years this franchise has been been "rewarded" with a 9th pick, 13th pick and now a 7-11th pick... thank god we squeezed in the Valanciunas pick @ #5 last season to be a bit of a silver lining in an otherwise dark couple years.

Bring on May 30th and some divine intervention from the NBA draft lottery gods!
        I definitely share you frustration.

Like you said, our only hope now is some luck on May 30th. And if that doesn't work, hopefully we get lucky with a solid prospect dropping to us (like what happened with Valanciunas last year).

Praying that guys like Barnes and Sullinger dominate during workouts, and shoots up most GMs' big boards.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I definitely share you frustration.

Like you said, our only hope now is some luck on May 30th. And if that doesn't work, hopefully we get lucky with a solid prospect dropping to us (like what happened with Valanciunas last year).

Praying that guys like Barnes and Sullinger dominate during workouts, and shoots up most GMs' big boards.
          Sullinger is a pretty well-known entity by now. I doubt that he "shoots up" anyone's board this year. I think that there is a greater likelihood that a GM falls in love with a lower rated player based on the combine and work outs. Players like PJ3, T. Jones, Q. Miller and A. Rivers come to mind. But I would be a bit surprised if any of them displaced the main six: Davis, MKG, Beal, Robinson, Drummond and Barnes.

Unfortunately, I think the Raps might be looking at a draft like 2009 and 2010. DeRozan and Davis seemed like good prospects at the time, but we have seen that they are certainly not franchise-altering talents.

Comment

• So in the lottery could we move up anywhere? like say we won the coin toss would we only have a chance to get bumped into the top 3 or could we also move up a couple of spots outside the top 3. Like say we are 7th could we be bumped up to like 4th or 5th?

Comment

• John Hollinger (3:12 PM)

Our Beckley Mason is saying that Golden State won the coin flip. But by "won" I'm not sure if he means "won" or "lost"
              John Hollinger (3:13 PM)

OK, it appears he means "won" ... Golden State is in No. 7 position, so if nobody leapfrogs them in the lottery the Warriors will keep the pick and Utah will have a top-7 protected pick from Golden State in 2013.
              That was from today's chat with John Hollinger. It appears we'll likely be picking 8th or 9th barring we win the lottery.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                So in the lottery could we move up anywhere? like say we won the coin toss would we only have a chance to get bumped into the top 3 or could we also move up a couple of spots outside the top 3. Like say we are 7th could we be bumped up to like 4th or 5th?
                It is 1, 2, 3 or 7, 8, 9, 10.

That is it.

Comment

• Getting that top 3 would be sweet....but I am not counting on it.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Draft Express now has us picking John Henson with the 8th pick (with PJ3, Lamb, Marshall, Lillard, and TJones still on the board). I'm confident in saying there is zero chance in hell of this happening.

Comment

• with Casey's desire for shooters, Lamb and Rivers become real options provided the pick isn't traded
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• i think those 2 will be gone before its time to pick. Perry Jones, Barnes or Miller is what i would choose from

Comment

• I don't see PJ3 or Miller being taken at all. IF the raps stay put in the draft and don't trade the pick they're going to take a player that's NBA ready.

Just the general feeling I got from the presser today.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            I don't see PJ3 or Miller being taken at all. IF the raps stay put in the draft and don't trade the pick they're going to take a player that's NBA ready.

Just the general feeling I got from the presser today.
                            You never know... i want barnes but the golden state douchebags are probably going to pick him.

Comment

• Yeah they'll definitely take Barnes
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• www.deseretnews.com/m/article/765565795

Lillard!

Comment

Working...
                                X