• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Yeah they'll definitely take Barnes
    Next best choice is PJ3 or Miller. I cant think of anyone else i would take

Comment

• Terence Ross (SF) or Marshall (PG) around 10. Both needs for the Raps and closer I think to making the transition into the league around that pick position.

Comment

• Bryan needs to trade up in this draft - especially after the season we just had.

Who says no to PJ3 + Ed Davis for MKG?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          Terence Ross (SF) or Marshall (PG) around 10. Both needs for the Raps and closer I think to making the transition into the league around that pick position.
          After the presser today the raptors seem committed to Jose and to getting shooters and athletes to run the floor. I don't think they would go for someone like Kendal Marshall too simular
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            After the presser today the raptors seem committed to Jose and to getting shooters and athletes to run the floor. I don't think they would go for someone like Kendal Marshall too simular
            I think they will go after an Athletic wing. Lets hope Miller Destroys the workout with the raps

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              I think they will go after an Athletic wing. Lets hope Miller Destroys the workout with the raps
              After the presser I actually feel like Lamb and Lillard are huge possibility at 8 or 9 is they do well at their Toronto workout.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think Jay Bay is basically a more experienced Lillard

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  I think Jay Bay is basically a more experienced Lillard
                  I agree but just in case BC doesn't want pay the money he wants.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• past selections at #8

We chose 8th in 2004 and selected........

2011 Brandon Knight Kentucky Detroit
                    2010 Al-Farouq Aminu Wake Forest LA Clippers
                    2009 Jordan Hill Arizona New York
                    2008 Joe Alexander West Virgina Milwaukee
                    2007 Brandan Wright North Carolina Charlotte
                    2006 Rudy Gay Connecticut Memphis
                    2005 Channing Frye Arizona Sr. New York
                    2004 Rafael Araujo BYU Sr. Toronto
                    2003 TJ Ford Texas So. Milwaukee
                    2002 Chris Wilcox Maryland So. LA Clippers
                    2001 Sagana Diop Oak Hill HSSr. Cleveland
                    2000 Jamal Crawford Michigan Fr Cleveland
                    1999 Andre Miller UtahSr. Cleveland
                    1998 Larry Hughes Saint Louis Philadelphia
                    1997 Adonal Foyle Colgate Golden State
                    1996 Kerry Kittles Villanova New Jersey
                    1995 Shawn Respert Michigan State Portland
                    1994 Brian Grant Xavier (Ohio) Sacramento
                    1993 Vin Baker Hartford Milwaukee

just sayin

Comment

• Here hoping we drop to 9. That's BC lucky number. Good track record there.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Lots of draft options

Should the Raptors stay put at eight following the May 30th draft lottery, the team might choose to move the pick. If Bryan Colangelo elects to make a selection there instead of trading up or out, here are some of the players the team might consider mid-lottery:

Harrison Barnes, North Carolina SF – Once seen as a sure-fire top 3 pick, Barnes stayed at school and continued to be an inconsistent player. Big-time shooter who might be more suited to pro game.

Jared Sullinger, Ohio State PF/C – Has the heft of a centre but is short even for a power forward. Still, nobody in this draft has a better post game and Sullinger’s a strong passer who can really rebound the ball.

Damian Lillard, Weber State PG – Went under the radar at a small school and shares many similarities to Jerryd Bayless, but no guarantees Bayless stays a Raptor. Lillard, a top-notch scorer, could be his replacement.

Kendall Marshall, North Carolina PG – This would be a bit of a reach, but Marshall has a great feel for the game and with the Raptors looking to get better in transition, would be ideal fit for his ability to push the ball ahead.

Jeremy Lamb, Connecticut SG – Stock dropped when he couldn’t follow up his Final Four heroics. There are some questions about his mental makeup, but zero questions about what he can do offensively, which is put up serious numbers and come through in the clutch.

John Henson, North Carolina PF – The Raptors already have a skinny UNC four-man, but the shot-blocking dynamo could be the best player on the board.

Austin Rivers, Duke SG – Doc’s son can fill it up but is not a true point guard and does not have great size to be a shooting guard. Many see him as the next O.J. Mayo.

Perry Jones III, Baylor F – Arguably as talented as Anthony Davis or Andre Drummond, Jones’ lack of interest and intensity makes him a non-starter for the Raptors. Still, they could take him at eight to move him since somebody will gamble on his upside.
                        http://www.calgarysun.com/2012/04/27...t-about-jerryd

Comment

• Sigh! It's difficult trying to wrap my head around picking in the 8+ spot. Cant wait for the balls to show themselves and know for sure.

I'd also give consideration to Terence Jones (UK) at this draft spot. He would be a versatile 3-4 player who it seems will transition well with an nba body already. Needs to improve 3 pt shot and FTs (69%). With his current class of great freshman prospects he had to defer much more in his soph. year so lesser numbers. But considered a great talent always. Some say a Odom type.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Sigh! It's difficult trying to wrap my head around picking in the 8+ spot. Cant wait for the balls to show themselves and know for sure.

I'd also give consideration to Terence Jones (UK) at this draft spot. He would be a versatile 3-4 player who it seems will transition well with an nba body already. Needs to improve 3 pt shot and FTs (69%). With his current class of great freshman prospects he had to defer much more in his soph. year so lesser numbers. But considered a great talent always. Some say a Odom type.
                            I'm a HUGE Terrence Jones fan. Love his overall game. Very skilled, athletic, coach-able. Could be a guy that fits in well with Coach Casey's system.

At the end of the day if we CAN'T trade up/out, than I would go after Harrison Barnes. He's the only name that peaks a little light, and that's an over-statement. Austin Rivers is way too iffy, but has a great scoring ability. I like Kendall Marshall, but again, defensively is he going to be a liability? And can he be an upgrade to our pass-first point guard Calderon?
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                              I'm a HUGE Terrence Jones fan. Love his overall game. Very skilled, athletic, coach-able. Could be a guy that fits in well with Coach Casey's system.

At the end of the day if we CAN'T trade up/out, than I would go after Harrison Barnes. He's the only name that peaks a little light, and that's an over-statement. Austin Rivers is way too iffy, but has a great scoring ability. I like Kendall Marshall, but again, defensively is he going to be a liability? And can he be an upgrade to our pass-first point guard Calderon?
                              I also like TJones. I really doubt that Barnes is going to be available when the Raptors pick unless they get very lucky and vault into the top three.

The summary of the players that might be available from the Calgary Sun article is pretty depressing after such a depressing season.

Comment

• Of options most likely at #8, i think i like Lamb or Lillard best
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X