• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure I'd say Lamb likes to play D
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      I'm not sure I'd say Lamb likes to play D
      Not sure what the reputation is on this site (swishscout), but it is extremely in depth on the draft prospects this year. Has video and explanation for player on 10 categories that "translate to the next level". For Jeremy Lamb's defense it says:

Lamb can make brilliant defensive plays with his length and quick feet that can help make him a choice NBA defender. As an on-ball defender he is imposing with his length and lateral quickness. Doesn’t sit in his stance defensively and always move his feet, showing signs of a lack of effort. He is very “swipey” defensively when he gets beat by his man, using his reach to try and make a play on the ball from behind. Has great defensive anticipation and instincts playing passing lanes, picking off lazy passes to go the other way for a quick two points. With his seven-foot wingspan he would make an excellent and imposing inbound defender. Has a natural feel of when to help and rotate on defense in addition to using that length when getting a hand up while contesting shots. When defending off ball, he loves to reach on passing drivers in the lane to help out and try to knock the ball away. Shows great persistence fighting over screens off ball when trailing his man but can get screened out due to a lack of strength. Does a good job defending the pick and roll by fighting over screens and staying on his man, but as the screeners defender needs to do a better job of showing instead of giving the opposition a clear lane like he occasionally does.
      “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
      ― John Wooden

Comment

• i think with Lamb its one of those "he certainly can" things but does he always do it? not so much. Casey would kick his ass though, so you know he WILL play D if he wants to play at all.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I think you trade up and take Barnes at 6. We should have enough expendable assets to move up two spots. I hate where we are drafting right now. Our position is suited more for a team that wants a big man. If we have to select someone at 8 it's J.Lamb.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
            If we stay at the spot we're at, I'm all for Lamb. He can shoot the rock and he'll be a defensive terror.
            aka Jay Bay

Comment

So Lamb likes to play D and is a good defender, fits better into what the Raptors are doing, yet we should draft someone who's not at all interested in playing D in Jones? I don't get it.
              he's not that good of a defender and demar can easily improve under casey. IMO picking lamb is a huge waste of a pick

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                I think you trade up and take Barnes at 6. We should have enough expendable assets to move up two spots. I hate where we are drafting right now. Our position is suited more for a team that wants a big man. If we have to select someone at 8 it's J.Lamb.
                I'm not meaning to single you out saints91, but everyone in general, myself included, probably needs to relax for another 4 weeks until it is known where the Raptors are actually picking. After that people are going to need to chill out until individual workouts and interviews are held. After that people are going to need to chill out and see what unfolds draft night. Of course, if we do all that then these forums become stale and boring - so, umm, yeah, never mind.

Going back and looking at old mock drafts and then looking at the actual drafts is an eye opener to see where guys were projected to go and where they actually land. 1-5 usually offers few if any surprises but 6 on down can be an eye opener.

Comment

• i am for terrance jones before lamb

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    aka Jay Bay
                    Maybe I should clarify my comments. Jeremy Lamb, not Doron Lamb.

Comment

Maybe I should clarify my comments. Jeremy Lamb, not Doron Lamb.
                      oh ya sorry i misunderstood. My bad

Comment

he's not that good of a defender and demar can easily improve under casey. IMO picking lamb is a huge waste of a pick
                        He's not that good of a defender? Pretty much scouting report I've read regarding Jeremy Lamb lists defense as one of his many attributes. And seeing as the Raptors are stressing defense, I don't see how this is a "huge waste of a pick".

Comment

He's not that good of a defender? Pretty much scouting report I've read regarding Jeremy Lamb lists defense as one of his many attributes. And seeing as the Raptors are stressing defense, I don't see how this is a "huge waste of a pick".
                          Well Defense has already been dramatically improved this season. Casey is now starting to focus on offense

Comment

• DraftExpress.com's take on Jeremy Lamb and defense:

Defensively, Lamb has the physical tools to excel, as he has good lateral quickness and instincts and is able to utilize his tremendous wingspan to cause havoc on the ball and in the passing lanes. His energy on this end looked very inconsistent this season, however, not displaying the competitiveness, fundamentals and attention to detail that will likely be demanded from him at the NBA level, particularly off the ball.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1tTbUrPjF
                            http://www.draftexpress.com
                            Looks like inconsistency is the issue from their perspective. A few splinters in his bottom from the pine might solve that.

Comment

Well Defense has already been dramatically improved this season. Casey is now starting to focus on offense
                              Well, if you want to go that route, he was one of the efficient shooters in the nation in regards to his 2-pt FG percentage..and had a pretty good season offensive wise. And he's noted as an excellent shooter.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                DraftExpress.com's take on Jeremy Lamb and defense:

Looks like inconsistency is the issue from their perspective. A few splinters in his bottom from the pine might solve that.

Yeah, read that. I think it's a trait with a lot of these kids - inconsistency. If we're stuck picking where we are now, I hope he gets consideration from Colangelo and brass.

Comment

Working...
                                X