2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Well, if you want to go that route, he was one of the efficient shooters in the nation in regards to his 2-pt FG percentage..and had a pretty good season offensive wise. And he's noted as an excellent shooter.
    He also lead Team USA last summer to a 7-2 record at the U19. He dropped 35 in beating Lithuania in the round robin (or was it a friendly?).

This was written at the start of this past year:

His numbers this summer for the under-19 team were almost identical. He led the USA to a 7-2 record, averaging 16.2 points and 4.3 rebounds. He shot 42% and had 18 assists, 18 steals and three blocks.

"He's a much more competitive person than most people would imagine," said George Mason coach Paul Hewitt, who coached the under-19 team. "His demeanor, his persona, is that of a kid who is kind of laid-back. 'Take it as it comes.' But he dominated the trials; he was clearly the best player there.

"The first exhibition game we played, he was terrible, and I was really concerned. The second game, he got better. By the time the competition started, he was a totally different kid. He can do a lot of things. He reminds me a lot of Kerry Kittles, who I coached at Villanova."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...amb/50800900/1

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      he's not that good of a defender and demar can easily improve under casey. IMO picking lamb is a huge waste of a pick
      i'd say Lamb's ceiling is higher than Derozen, especially on D
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• not to mention he can handle the ball like a guard and shoot the 3, like a guard.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          not to mention he can handle the ball like a guard and shoot the 3, like a guard.
          Hey, whats that supposed to mean?! You takin' a shot at DD?! haha

Comment

So Lamb likes to play D and is a good defender, fits better into what the Raptors are doing, yet we should draft someone who's not at all interested in playing D in Jones? I don't get it.
            I'm confident that Casey can get anyone to play D and PJ3 has a crazy wingspan and athleticism to boot which mimics Lambs assets physically on D. In one season Casey has taken the Raps from dead last to middle of the pack defensive team and that is without a full training camp and condensed schedule and with players that I consider rookies on D since the core has only played for Triano. This is partly why I prefer PJ3 over Lamb because I think he has the edge on the offensive end. Lamb might be better defensively, but Im weary of us moulding the team along the lines of the Bobcats under Larry brown? Top notch defense that struggled to put 80 points up.

Comment

• Jones was pretty much the number 1 option at Baylor both of the seasons that he was there and was quite under-whelming, and it's not like his play in his sophmore season was any better than his freshman year. He didn't make any strides in regards to his game, so I don't understand how he's going to magically going to transform his game to take it to the next level.

Comment

• I get where you're coming from. You see this kid with all the potential in the world. You believe he has the skillset in the world to be a superstar. I don't disagree with that one bit.
                What I see, however, is a uber lazy player with no basketball IQ who is not willing to pay the price to be that 'superstar' type player. What good is his skillset if he rarely uses it?

Comment

• Keep in mind I'm not saying we should take PJ3 over MKG or Davis. I'm saying I prefer him over Lamb. And yes the potential I see in PJ3 regardless of wether he ever achieves it or not is enough for me to want to take that chance. If he never achieves it he will still be superior to any Raptor sf in recent history on offense, but IF he does reach his potential he will be a perennial all star which I can't say about Lamb.

Comment

not willing to pay the price to be that 'superstar' type player. What good is his skillset if he rarely uses it?
                    +100000

this is pj3 at his core. to me he has relied on his god given gifts to get this far but at the next level "everyone" has those gifts and work ethic and sacrifice come into play.

on this mango you and i feel the exact same way about pj3

Comment

not to mention he can handle the ball like a guard and shoot the 3, like a guard.
                      he cant create his own shot

Comment

• But can he play the 3?

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          he cant create his own shot
                          What? Yes he can.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

What? Yes he can.
                            thats not what i heard

Comment

• Just ask Lithuania
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Just ask Lithuania
                                do u really want to wait another 3 years for another SG to develop? he's even skinnier than DeMar so how the hell is this guy going to finish in traffic? wouldn't u much rather just draft a SF with range and potential rather than waste 3 years on this kid hoping he becomes as good as or slightly better than DeMar.

Comment

Working...
                                X