No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What SF is likely to be available at #8 that is NBA ready?
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      he cant create his own shot
      Check out the 0:50 mark
      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Apr 30, 2012, 03:50 AM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Check out the 0:50 mark
        So he scored 30 vs. a JV team from Columbia....not really the best sample to use.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
          So he scored 30 vs. a JV team from Columbia....not really the best sample to use.
          He also scored 35 at the u-19 tournament versus Lithuania. His game against Croatia and Russia were also strong - those three opponents I would say are pretty solid.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
            I think he was talking about his ability to shoot and create his own shot - not so much the opponent or point amount.

Comment

• I'm in the same boat as Mediumcore. If we select 8th, I'm all for PJ3 (as a SF). I think his lack of motor has been grossly overstated.

Comment

• Interesting conversation in 2010

Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  What SF is likely to be available at #8 that is NBA ready?
                  Lamb is not nba ready. Nobody outside the top 5 is really nba ready, they are high risk high reward players still with some holes in their game. I'd much rather gamble on Miller/PJ3 or one of the 2 pg's

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    He also scored 35 at the u-19 tournament versus Lithuania. His game against Croatia and Russia were also strong - those three opponents I would say are pretty solid.
                    Valanciunas Destroyed the U19 Tournament

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      I think he was talking about his ability to shoot and create his own shot - not so much the opponent or point amount.
                      DeRozan has dropped 20+ almost every game after the all star break. This stuff about not being able to create his own shot is BS. I rarely see him use the screen as much anymore. He's posting up defenders, Driving, shooting, getting out and running he's doing everything right. I see no need for another SG unless he's a backup

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I'm in the same boat as Mediumcore. If we select 8th, I'm all for PJ3 (as a SF). I think his lack of motor has been grossly overstated.
                        +1 True that. Imagine if Casey got him playing 100% at the 3. Damn that would be epic, the wingspan between Bargs, PJ3, and Valanciunas. Holy shit thats a lot of length

Comment

Lamb is not nba ready. Nobody outside the top 5 is really nba ready, they are high risk high reward players still with some holes in their game. I'd much rather gamble on Miller/PJ3 or one of the 2 pg's
                          I don't think that is a fair statement.

It is debatable if Derrick Williams at #2 was NBA ready whereas:

Marshon Brooks at 25 pick was NBA ready.
                          Kenneth Faried at 22 pick was NBA ready - starting in the playoffs in fact and making Nene expendable.
                          Iman Shumbert at 17 was NBA ready.
                          Chandler Parsons at 38 was NBA ready.
                          Isaiah Thomas at 60 was NBA ready.

Interesting that 4 of those 5 were NCAA seniors.

Comment

DeRozan has dropped 20+ almost every game after the all star break. This stuff about not being able to create his own shot is BS. I rarely see him use the screen as much anymore. He's posting up defenders, Driving, shooting, getting out and running he's doing everything right. I see no need for another SG unless he's a backup
                            I doubt replacing DD is at the top of BC's priority list, but if the opportunity presented itself to land a star SG who is equal/better than DD (with significant improvement in 3pt shooting), I doubt he thinks too long about it. The only two players I can think of, who are at least somewhat available and somewhat realistic, are Batum and Mayo. Even if DD's handles have improved a bit, he's certainly not the type of offensive player who can put a team on his back that way Batum/Mayo have the skill/ability to do. They are also significantly better long-range shooters than DeRozan. Again, I doubt it's at the top of BC's wish list, but I also don't think DD is "untouchable".
                            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Apr 30, 2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              I don't think that is a fair statement.

It is debatable if Derrick Williams at #2 was NBA ready whereas:

Marshon Brooks at 25 pick was NBA ready.
                              Kenneth Faried at 22 pick was NBA ready - starting in the playoffs in fact and making Nene expendable.
                              Iman Shumbert at 17 was NBA ready.
                              Chandler Parsons at 38 was NBA ready.
                              Isaiah Thomas at 60 was NBA ready.

Interesting that 4 of those 5 were NCAA seniors.
                              Nice info...shows that at #8 we can get a v. decent player....especially in this draft. BC, dont eff this one up.

Comment

• Good point about seniors being more NBA ready. Pretty logical I'd say. We should be looking hard at some senior players with our either or both the second round picks if they chose not to package them.

Comment

Working...
                                X