2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Good point about seniors being more NBA ready. Pretty logical I'd say. We should be looking hard at some senior players with our either or both the second round picks if they chose not to package them.
    It is not always a given though. Wes Johnson in Minnesota and Evan Turner last year are two guys who stand out as senior let downs.

Scott Machado is a senior who is starting to interest me though. I know a few people have mentioned him in the past but for whatever reason I only took notice today. DraftExpress.com has him at 48. Assuming the Raptors kept their 2nd round pick, I would look long and hard at him.

Comment

• I totally agree on Machado with one of our 2nd round picks.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        DeRozan has dropped 20+ almost every game after the all star break. This stuff about not being able to create his own shot is BS. I rarely see him use the screen as much anymore. He's posting up defenders, Driving, shooting, getting out and running he's doing everything right. I see no need for another SG unless he's a backup
        No one said he was going to be DD's. At the end of the day with Barbosa gone we need more punch off the bench. I don't think anyone here is sold on Gary Forbes
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Hey now
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            It is not always a given though. Wes Johnson in Minnesota and Evan Turner last year are two guys who stand out as senior let downs.
            Turner was a Junior when he left Ohio.

The biggest Senior let down for me, was Sheldon Williams. Coming out of Duke, the guy was a beast. Had his number retired and everything. I remember Atlanta made him a promise to pick him #5 in that draft. Mind you 2006 was a light draft, they could have done ALOT better than Shelden, and I'm pretty sure everyone but Atlanta knew it.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Turner was a Junior when he left Ohio.

The biggest Senior let down for me, was Sheldon Williams. Coming out of Duke, the guy was a beast. Had his number retired and everything. I remember Atlanta made him a promise to pick him #5 in that draft. Mind you 2006 was a light draft, they could have done ALOT better than Shelden, and I'm pretty sure everyone but Atlanta knew it.
              My bad.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I totally agree on Machado with one of our 2nd round picks.
                I think Machado can become a really good PG in the NBA, and I'd take a flyer on him for sure.

Comment

• He reminds me of a shorter Brandon Roy.

Comment

• Wroten is a guy that kind of intrigues me. every report i read about him is "can score at will, lightning fast, drops bombs over Baghdad, yadda yadda yadda.." which kind of makes my ears perk up a little but then you read about his inconsistent ball handling and fact he's just not a very good PG. however, at 6'5 why not play him at SG? reports say he's very coachable and a hard worker, why not package both our 2's for atlanta or dallas' first rounder and take him? at the very least, he could provide scoring off the bench. again, i'm not saying we simply MUST draft him, but someone to think about past our own lotto pick.

the team needs depth as much as anything.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Looking forward, Wroten brings some excellent skills to the table with his physical tools, aggressive dribble-drive game, passing ability, and defense, but he also has some notable weaknesses to overcome, all of which will likely become even more glaring at the next level and none of which he's shown much of a learning curve with in his career.

While there's little doubt he could put up numbers on a bad team in the NBA if given the minutes and enough possessions, the bigger question is if he can do so efficiently, within a team concept, and in a way that helps his team win games, something that will likely be dependent on the development of his decision-making, right hand, and perimeter shooting ability. The fact that he was unable to lead his team to the NCAA tournament, even in the very weak Pac-12, is a major red flag, and evidence of his struggles playing winning, efficient basketball at this stage of his career.

At just 18 years old, Wroten still has plenty of time to reach his potential, and his draft stock could vary widely from team to team depending on how they view his likelihood to improve his many weaknesses. Based on talent alone, Wroten is likely a top-10 pick in this draft, but teams will need to factor in how he fits with their current personnel and style of play in evaluating whether they'll be able to take advantage of that, and how long that might take.

Considering his age and the upside of having such a dynamic shot-creating force on the roster, and the weakness of this draft class at the point guard position, the longer Wroten is on the board the more likely teams may be willing to overlook his weaknesses. Teams tend to fall in love with talent in the NBA draft, and Wroten will be one of the more interesting case studies to follow should he elect to put his name in.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1tZ4OT1Db
                      http://www.draftexpress.com
                      here's a little blurb from draftexpress about Wroten
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• DA's SF Big Board - Quincy Miller

Here's an article by David Aldridge on his SF big board. Its pretty long so i won't post the entire article but I'll give y'all the link so you guys can check it out later if you haven't already.
                        http://www.nba.com/news/features/dav...s=iref:nbahpt1

I'll just highlight the Q.Miller part haha

Quincy Miller originally said he wasn't going to enter the Draft after one season at Baylor. But he changed his mind last week and put his name in, and is likely to go somewhere in the first round despite lingering concerns about his right knee. Miller had been a top collegiate prospect after wowing people in the FIBA Under 18 Championships tournament in San Antonio in 2010, hitting the gold medal-winning 3-pointer for the U.S. team over Brazil.

But Miller tore his ACL early in his senior year in high school, and missed most of that season. Although he recovered enough to start 35 games for Baylor, which set a school record for wins this season, pro scouts don't believe he's anywhere near as explosive as he once was.

"He was really up and down this year," one college scout said. "You look at his game logs, they were all over the place. He's a future pick. He may end up being picked by a pretty good team and they might get something down the road. But he could be picked in the Lottery because somebody decides they'd rather gamble on something like that than take a guy who's more polished and is closer to his ceiling."

But one team that will likely have a high Lottery pick has already taken Miller off its board because of concerns about the knee. An Atlantic Division executive said that Miller will have to do a lot of convincing of skeptical teams at the Chicago pre-Draft camp next month. If not, Miller could slide down the board.

"The knee thing, that's a tougher read," a Pacific executive said. "How and where does that end up? Is he still getting better? Is he leveling off? He's a really skilled, talented guy, but the knee makes it a little bit of an enigma."

Said a Central exec: "He needs to spend these couple of months actually working out and rehabbing, and he never did it. He clearly never rehabbed. The atrophy in his leg was incredible. If he gets his leg strength back, he's Durant-like in his ability to get a shot off. He's 6-10 and he can snap his shot off with no trouble."

Comment

• If this dude gets back to 100% and does some good rehab before the workouts, He might be able to shoot up the draft and slide into the lottery where we might pick him. His ceiling is really high, i don't mind waiting a year or two for him. If he does reach his potential then we could become a top team in the East with him as the Alpha Male leading the way.

Comment

• he's gonna need to have some killer workouts and show that explosion he had before. i like miller and really hope he does, but i dunno.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• your obsession with him is borderline creepy, though.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                your obsession with him is borderline creepy, though.
                                hey i stopped posting about him for like 2 months straight ok. I'm not obsessed im just intrigued. I saw your posts about Damien lillard i guess your obsessed with him too. Oh and you also have a pic of Gary forbes so i guess your also obsessed with him

Comment

Working...
                                X