No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm falling in love with Lamb. My only qualm is the sleepy look he always has. BC needs to decide if it's a little bit of Tracy McGrady in him, or if he's genuinely disinterested.

Comment

• Is Bradley Beal actually 6'4.5" ? There does not seem to be a concensus on his listed height.
      Ranges from 6'3" to 6'5" .... which I think makes a lot of difference
      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
        Is Bradley Beal actually 6'4.5" ? There does not seem to be a concensus on his listed height.
        Ranges from 6'3" to 6'5" .... which I think makes a lot of difference
        He measured 6'3.5" last year at Nike Hoops Summit. He said he grew an inch this year.

Comment

• Here's an interesting question. Colangelo's turn to pick at #8(pretend) and Jared Sullinger is the best player available on his list. What now? I say you pick Sullinger and you figure out how to move Amir and Ed for an upgrade at the 3 ---preferably prior to FA 2012, so on draft night. I say then you then target O.J. Mayo in FA 2012. All this would mean that Bargnani or Sullinger might eventually get moved.

I think Colangelo probably takes "1b" if Sullinger is "1a" merely because of the long term implications and politics of taking Sullinger.

Comment

• Sadly, Beal is not going to be around when the Raptors pick unless BC is able to move us up the draft somehow....or the lottery gods smile on us.

Mayo is an interesting player. He went from being a phenom in highschool to disappointing the high standards people had for him in college to a so so start in the NBA and now has seemed to find his groove. I liken that time line to what Harrison Barnes is currently going through. Only unlike Mayo I think Barnes will hit his stride much more quickly in the NBA.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              Sadly, Beal is not going to be around when the Raptors pick unless BC is able to move us up the draft somehow....or the lottery gods smile on us.

Mayo is an interesting player. He went from being a phenom in highschool to disappointing the high standards people had for him in college to a so so start in the NBA and now has seemed to find his groove. I liken that time line to what Harrison Barnes is currently going through. Only unlike Mayo I think Barnes will hit his stride much more quickly in the NBA.
              I'm not sure I agree with the career path of Mayo. He was pretty solid in year 1 and 2. It was his third year when things fell apart. He seems to be getting back on track now but I think it has to do with much lower expectations and smaller role with the team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3450/oj-mayo

Comment

• Personally im not a fan of small guards
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Here's an interesting question. Colangelo's turn to pick at #8(pretend) and Jared Sullinger is the best player available on his list. What now? I say you pick Sullinger and you figure out how to move Amir and Ed for an upgrade at the 3 ---preferably prior to FA 2012, so on draft night. I say then you then target O.J. Mayo in FA 2012. All this would mean that Bargnani or Sullinger might eventually get moved.

I think Colangelo probably takes "1b" if Sullinger is "1a" merely because of the long term implications and politics of taking Sullinger.

i would try to trade sullinger out in this situation.

Comment

• Sullinger equals BAAAAAAAARRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFF
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'd take the lesser Zeller brother over Sullinger
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        I'd take the lesser Zeller brother over Sullinger
                        i think tyler is going to have a steady nba career. nothing special but a good solid serviceable big. probably get 70-100 million over the course of a 10 year career. pretty good gig if you can get it.

Comment

• i like him too, i'll think he'll be a solid player for years to come.

i just think his brother is going to be way better.

and that sullinger stinks.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• My hope is for a few players to pull a "Biyombo" in the draft workouts & experience a sudden meteoric rise. Simultaneously, my hope is for Beal to have a slump shooting wise.

That way, Beal falls to #8.

DC ran multiple series of downscreen plays to free up Demar last season. I'm salivating on the idea that Beal runs off those same sets. If only ...
                            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Beal will not fall to #8. If the Raptors want him they are going to have to make an effort to move up and get him. Beal is about the most complete player in the draft if you think about it. Shoots, defends, passes rebounds and he shoots.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                Beal will not fall to #8. If the Raptors want him they are going to have to make an effort to move up and get him. Beal is about the most complete player in the draft if you think about it. Shoots, defends, passes rebounds and he shoots.
                                Yeah but...... Lamb has a 7'0" W-----I----N----G----S----P----A----N----!

Comment

Working...
                                X