2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm warming up to Dion Waiters and love this quote from him:

"I can't wait for the real workouts to begin," Waiters said. He knows that he's currently in a scrum with Jeremy Lamb, Austin Rivers and Terrence Ross and will likely work out with them directly once the Chicago combine is over. He's got a message for them, too. "I'm going to try to destroy them. I love to compete. If I have a weakness, it's that I'm too competitive. But I think once workouts come, that will be my biggest strength."
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      Dont understand Monty Williams poopoohing the depth of the draft. Sure there is no Lebron there but to say there might not be a Carmelo is a bit of a reach. Then the comment about no Ginobili at 56? Well now, was there anyone including the Spurs who thought that there was a "Ginobli" in his draft? ...and would pan out to be the Ginobli in his great career? I believe there will be a few second rounders in this draft who will have good careers.
      That comment about Ginobili was pretty weird indeed. Like all the other players before him in that draft were so good that he was available that late. I don't think I'll even know more than a couple other second round drafts from that year. If there is a Ginobili to be found with one of the last picks it's exactly because no-one will think that guy will be any good.

Comment

• That second GM whom was saying they'd have the hardest time taking PJ3 in the top 10 was probably Colangelo trying to get his stock to drop as much as possible so he has a better chance of picking him at 8th.

The comparison to George is fair with regards to body type and athletecism, but I think PJ3 has a better offensive game coming into the NBA than did George coming in. Can't wait to see what PJ3 can do in the NBA in an iso situation against guys he has a distinct size advantage over. He has to refine his shot, but he has the same advantage KD has over every player that guards him.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          I'm warming up to Dion Waiters and love this quote from him:
          I seriously have a little man crush on him. I'm hoping that he could play PG. I just love his toughness but, I hate undersized shooting guards! If you are you have to be a freak athlete like Wade.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I just love his toughness. Got to love Philly guards.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• he's a little short but i wouldn't call him undersized. size wise, i'm more concerned about his wingspan.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                That second GM whom was saying they'd have the hardest time taking PJ3 in the top 10 was probably Colangelo trying to get his stock to drop as much as possible so he has a better chance of picking him at 8th.
                I wouldn't blame BC if he did say that. I would do the same, but maybe say more.

Please give us a top 3 pick DAVID STERN ! please
                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• One thing that we should remember is that a lot of GMs are blowing smoke right now to try to position themselves. For example, the GM of a team that has a lower draft slot might want PJ3 to drop will raise questions about him. Conversely, someone who doesn't like PJ3 might want to hype him to move him up and have a preferred player drop. I don't put much stock into public declarations by GMs at this time of year. The last thing that they want to do is telegraph their true feelings about a player.

Comment

he's a little short but i wouldn't call him undersized. size wise, i'm more concerned about his wingspan.
                    Draft express has it as 6'6.5 so .5 less than Beal
                    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
                      Draft express has it as 6'6.5 so .5 less than Beal
                      That's a pretty good Wingspan but I just don't like SG under 6'5
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm warming up to Dion Waiters and love this quote from him:

"I can't wait for the real workouts to begin," Waiters said. He knows that he's currently in a scrum with Jeremy Lamb, Austin Rivers and Terrence Ross and will likely work out with them directly once the Chicago combine is over. He's got a message for them, too. "I'm going to try to destroy them. I love to compete. If I have a weakness, it's that I'm too competitive. But I think once workouts come, that will be my biggest strength."
                        It totally smacks of Tyreke Evans. I remember him having the same mentality during his workouts in 2009 and him absolutely destroying the competition. I'm starting to warm up to him too. I love kids who have tough mindsets.

Comment

• Sweet looking draft page on the Raptors website

http://www.nba.com/raptors/draftcentral2012

Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri May 25, 2012, 09:53 PM. Reason: added the shot -hope you don't mind
                          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Hell if we could sweet talk Houston into trading their 14&16 for our pick I would be very happy with a KMarshall and TRoss/DWaiters/QMiller etc.

Comment

• hey we've never had a #3 pick, no better time than this year!
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• LOL He was asked "Are you the best guard in the 2012 Tournament?"

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X