No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game would probably make a lot more sense when we know where we're drafting but nonsensical is how i roll, baby.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'm half and half with Waiters. His wingspan really concerns me.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        This is probably too early to do this but im way too excited so i propose a little game type dealie.

Pine for, want, hate.

Basically, pine for = players that will probably be too high to draft, but really want.
        Want = most likely to be in our range and want BC to draft
        Hate = most likely to be in our range and want BC to stay the hell away from

so, for mine

Pine: Davis, Beal, MKG
        Want: Lamb, Lillard, Harkless, Rivers, Waiters
        Hate: Henson, Sullinger, PJ3, Ross, Barnes
        I pretty much agree with this list. My only quibble is that I am not yet sure whether to put PJ3 on the Hate list, or just leave him off all three lists. I am a bit ambivalent. A few on the Want list are probably better for trading down, since you could probably pick up two or three of them several slots lower than 8.

Comment

• Pine: Davis, T-Rob, Drummond, MKG
          Want: nobody
          Hate: everyone else

Comment

• Some rumours that Houston is looking to package #14 and #16 to move up. Would you like the Raptors to consider this?

The group of players that might be available in the 14-16 range include:

Kendall Marshall, Austin Rivers, Dion Waiters, Moe Harkless, Terrence Ross, Quincy Miller, Tony Wroten, Damian Lillard (seems like a real long-shot in that range).

Comment

• Wroten only really semi interests me as a SG
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                Some rumours that Houston is looking to package #14 and #16 to move up. Would you like the Raptors to consider this?

Kendall Marshall, Austin Rivers, Dion Waiters, Moe Harkless, Terrence Ross, Quincy Miller, Tony Wroten, Damian Lillard (seems like a real long-shot in that range).
                Absolutely I have said so elsewhere here. Marshall and a wing you mention except Rivers.

Comment

Some rumours that Houston is looking to package #14 and #16 to move up. Would you like the Raptors to consider this?

If Lamb slipped, absolutely!

Select one of Lamb and Ross.

Select one of Harkless and Miller.

I'd be very happy with that.

Comment

• Lowry and their earliest pick for our pick
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Do you have a source for this? I have not seen it.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Heard Boston and Houston trying to package and move up. RT @VonZeiter: What team's are willing to trade their first round pick(s)? #dxchat about 15 hours ago

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1w2tSZtEa
                        http://www.draftexpress.com
                        I think a couple of places, but here is a link... DX

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Also, a blogger's speculation, citing the DX tweet. FWIW

Comment

• Thanks.

Comment

• I don't understand why everyone is all of a sudden fawning over Dion Waiters. Apparently the guy doesn't play a lick of defense. Players like him can be found everywhere - a purely scoring SG - and he's small for his position.

Meanwhile, Terrence Ross gets all kinds of neglect. Ross can shoot from anywhere and plays defense like it matters. He's also more athletic and can play both the 2 and 3.

Someone explain why Waiters but not Ross.
                              Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Sun May 27, 2012, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                                I don't understand why everyone is all of a sudden fawning over Dion Waiters. Apparently the guy doesn't play a lick of defense. Players like him can be found everywhere - a purely scoring SG - and he's small for his position.

Meanwhile, Terrence Ross gets all kinds of neglect. Ross can shoot from anywhere and plays defense like it matters. He's also more athletic and can play both the 2 and 3.

Someone explain why Waiters but not Ross.
                                Wondering the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X