No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would perry much like Perry Jones the Third. I wouldn't mind Kendall.
    This Kendall though:

Comment

• I would very much appreciate the Raptors using one of their later picks to pick up one of them Canadian boys like Andrew Nicholson, Kris Joseph or Robert Sacre.

Comment

• Crazy to even guess. Last year's 7-8-9 picks were Biyombo, Knight and Walker. Strange things happen at the draft. Some of those guys we couldn't believe even fell within our reach at 5 on draft night itself. And that was supposed to be a weak draft. Somebody who looks like a sure fire top 5 pick now will likely be there at 8 come June.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          Here is what I don't want: The Best available player or a safe pick like Derozan and Ed Davis.

I want to take a big gamble on a player.

Go big or go home!!
          I read that in the "Arthur" voice.

Comment

• Lamb probably but I am hoping someone slips.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
              Lamb probably but I am hoping someone slips.
              Exactly!! what I was thinking and hoping!! I hope they dont go with the best player available and select another bigman,I know this club has a history of logjamming positions on their roster and I hope that doesn't happen again. I'm also suprised that New Orleans got the top pick instead of Charlotte...I would rather the Bobcats getting the number 1 pick because the West is a stronger conference, the Eastern conference needs to step it up!

Comment

• Demar_8756 wrote: View Post
                Exactly!! what I was thinking and hoping!! I hope they dont go with the best player available and select another bigman,I know this club has a history of logjamming positions on their roster and I hope that doesn't happen again. I'm also suprised that New Orleans got the top pick instead of Charlotte...I would rather the Bobcats getting the number 1 pick because the West is a stronger conference, the Eastern conference needs to step it up!
                No it doesn't! need to stay weak so we can male the playoffs.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Demar_8756 wrote: View Post
                  I would think that we're a little bit lucky it went to the west, less competition haha
                  TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                    Interesting that BC wants to "tweak the process" to discourage tanking.
                    Been thinking about this for the last couple weeks for a couple of reasons. First, having to cheer against your team sucks... I would watch the last month hoping to see improvement and progress and yet lose... hated it! Second, BC is now on the competition committee and because he refers to this site (have no idea), I feel like I have some say.
                    I will give you my three suggestions and the positive of each (all would decrease the chances of tanking IMO)... I will leave the negative up to you.

Major "tweaks" options:

A) Simple and probably been debated - every team that doesn't make the playoffs has an equal shot at every draft position. Put all of the teams in the machine and pull one out at a time.
                    Advantage - would make the draft lottery way more interesting and tanking wouldn't be a factor

B) As soon as you have been officially eliminated from the playoffs, start adding up your wins. The teams with the most wins after they have been eliminated can have the first pick and the team with the second amount of wins gets second pick and so on. You could also just rank the teams in order of their wins after elimination and put them in the currently used lottery ball system.
                    Advantage - every team is always competing, right to the end

Minor "tweak" option:

C) You place the teams in order of their elimination from the playoffs. The first team officially eliminated automatically gets the most lotto balls. In this option, a team could conceivably be the first eliminated and then go on a winning streak and end up just out of the playoffs.
                    Advantage - not a major change (and you could still have some teams "tanking" first), but eliminates those games at the end of the year where you are hoping your team loses so that you have a higher chance at the higher picks. Once your team is officially out, you could have coach changes, player personnel changes and really try to get momentum going into next year.

I assume these ideas have been brought up before, but I haven't read them anywhere and just thought changes need to happen. I don't want another spring where I am "cheering" against my team... the other option is for the Raptors to get out of the lottery and get in the playoffs.
                    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                    ― John Wooden

Comment

• I like Dion Waiters/Damian Lillard before Lamb if it's true BC is looking for someone who can create their own shot at the end of the clock. I give Dion the edge before Lillard becuase with all these rumors about us and point guards, I think the last thing they want is a rookie one. Dion has the higher selling too I think. I also feel Dion is more NBA ready than them both. He would automatically come in and fell in that Barbosa role.

At the end the day for some strange reason I still think it's going to be PJ3. He has BryCo written all over him. High risk, HUGE REWARD.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Don't know where all this Waiters hype is coming from. He was the 4th best player on a very good team. Yes, he has an NBA body but he's still Jose's height. Even if the system limited his performance, no way he should be a top ten selection.

Comment

• i'd be very happy with lamb. i'd be okay with rivers or pj3.
                          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Coach, I like where you're going. I would also find a way to consider point differential in losses after you're knocked out the playoff hunt.

Comment

• someone on here, cant remember who, had a two day tournament idea. that i think was the best idea i've heard so far. losing teams playing for something and ticket sales bringing in money for the league. whoever the original idea came from i salute you.

i like it because quitters would be at a disadvantage to turn it back on for a tournament.
                              Last edited by Miekenstien; Thu May 31, 2012, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• Beal, MKG or Barnes if they slip, otherwise Lamb. Perhaps they trade down a few spots to target Lillard, while picking up another minor asset (possibly upgrading their 2 2nd round picks for a late 1st or earlier 2nd). Or they trade the #8 pick for a proven asset like Rudy Gay.

I really don't see BC drafting a project or tweener. The only way he adds another young player is if they are a sure fire contributor at a set position next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X