2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unclesam wrote: View Post
    Another Euro player that we've never even heard of...
    I don't get about whom unclesam is talking?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The other idea I've heard which could be fair is to use the same system but instead of using the current year's standings to use the last 3 year's instead. That way a team would have to tank for 3 years in a row - and in that case truly deserve the best shot at #1.
      I like this idea.

AJ360 wrote: View Post
      How about this; the worst 3 teams in the league have a 0% chance to draft top 3. The other 11 non playoff teams have a weighted lottery for the top 3 picks.

After the top 3 picks, there is another weighted lottery to determine the rest of the picks.

This would ensure no teams actually tank to become the worst. In reality all of the bottom 5-6 teams would be trying to do their best because a few game losing streak could kill their chances at a top 3 pick.

There would still be some late season attempts by seeds (inverse standings) 5-10 to drop a few games, but there would be no incentive to bomb a season like charlotte did this year.
      Interesting. I doubt the league would go for it...but interesting.

Comment

• Still a no on PJIII for me. Lillard is once again intriguing me as a potential fit, but TRoss is a possible fit, and I think Barnes can fit the team if Derozan stays. That said, either a PG or a SF is being targeted by Colangelo with his $12M cap space so that will strongly determine the fit based on which and which players are outgoing to secure said new player.

Comment

• Oh and I continue to say that MKG is not a fit for the Raptors. An outside shooter is imperative. He is not one, and while many say a player can learn to shoot, I challenge that with the many...many players who cannot throughout their careers.

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
            Sometimes I wonder if the Raps get Rudy Gay and he ends doing awesome for them, if I would ever buy his jersey...What kind of a man buys a Rudy Gay jersey? I wonder how much money he's lost on jersey sales because of his name?
            Well, if he does come to Toronto, we do have a very diverse community that will surely help his jersey income...
            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• If we win the championship somehow, we can have two gay pride parades in toronto...?

Comment

• So much stigma against Euro players from some people up here, well I understand Bargnani isn't awesome as some expected, but this doesn't mean all euro players are soft and terrible at this game. You have to be narrow minded to think that way.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  Yeah because international players really don't know how to play basketball...

oh wait...Tony Parker, Boris Diaw, Manu Ginobli, Tim Duncan, Tiago Splitter, Patty Mills, Corey Joseph... I wonder how that team is playing right now....
                  Popovich and Buford are geniuses. They pick players that are struggling to get minutes on crappy teams like Green from Cleveland and Diaw from Charlotte, and turn them into starters and big time contributors on perhaps the best team in the NBA. Players picked up from the NBA scrap heap plus some great draft picks that are passed on by other teams turn to gold in south west Texas.

Comment

• Jeremy Lamb - Played for USA Basketball U19

I hope we pick Jeremy Lamb *a real shooting guard - move demar to the SF position*

I would also be okay with Austin Rivers *very dynamic and has the tools to be a star - plus he's Doc River's son*

This is going to be one tough draft.....

Terrance Jones
                    Damian Lillard

If MKG or Barnes or Beal was still available i think we would have to pick one of the 3

Comment

• It would be interesting to troll the fan forums of the 7 teams picking ahead of the Raptors, to try and gather some insights into who their fanbases are clamoring for. Obviously the fans don't dictate who actually gets picked (thank god), but would be interesting to see which players might be available for the Raptors @ #8, based on each team's fanbase consensus drafting. At the very least, it might be better than all us Raptors fans assuming we know who those other teams should/would pick.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                        I hope we pick Jeremy Lamb *a real shooting guard - move demar to the SF position*

I would also be okay with Austin Rivers *very dynamic and has the tools to be a star - plus he's Doc River's son*

This is going to be one tough draft.....

Terrance Jones
                        Damian Lillard

If MKG or Barnes or Beal was still available i think we would have to pick one of the 3

Luke Walton is Bill Walton's kid, but that doesn't make him great. There is something about Rivers that rubs me the wrong way. Kind of like Bayless. Seems to want to take over a game but is missing some talent so can't get it done. I'd rather take Sullinger over Rivers, and I don't want Sullinger.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          It would be interesting to troll the fan forums of the 7 teams picking ahead of the Raptors, to try and gather some insights into who their fanbases are clamoring for. Obviously the fans don't dictate who actually gets picked (thank god), but would be interesting to see which players might be available for the Raptors @ #8, based on each team's fanbase consensus drafting. At the very least, it might be better than all us Raptors fans assuming we know who those other teams should/would pick.
                          Along those lines..can anyone pull up the 2011 "we've got the 5th pick!" thread from a year ago? It would be interesting to see who we were so confident about then.

Comment

• I really thing it's a neck in neck race with Lamb and PJ3. BryCo was spotted at both thier workouts in the last week.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• most of the GM's were there...
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Along those lines..can anyone pull up the 2011 "we've got the 5th pick!" thread from a year ago? It would be interesting to see who we were so confident about then.
                                Found the Draft link from last year here:
                                http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ptors-to-draft

Looks like the majority were favouring Kanter (I included).

Comment

Working...
                                X